C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creaking noise from pressure plate/clutch when engine off

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Default Creaking noise from pressure plate/clutch when engine off

So I decided to do the my clutch fluid (ranger method). So the first thing I notice is a creaking noise coming from my clutch. Not super loud or unusual my 2008 had a bit of a creak also. So my first thought is that it was the spring on the clutch pedal etc. So I got my mechanics stethoscope out and had a friend push the clutch in and out and I traced it to the clutch housing itself underneath the car.

Perhaps its a normal noise associated with the pressure plate springs being pressed? I remember my 2008 making this noise also. It is not loud just sounds like a creaking noise associated perhaps the pressure plate springs ??

This is a noise that you could never hear with the engine on, and my clutch is 100% while driving, engages immediately, no grinding, much smoother and responsive then my 2008. So there does not seem to be anything wrong.

Anyone have this too? The only way you would know is if you went out and depressed your clutch pedal multiple times with the engine off....
Old 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

I have a friend who has a Vette and he told me to take it for a spin and then see if it goes away. So I did and sure enough it went away....the car had been sitting for a couple days after it had rained...so maybe it has something to do with the rain/humidity and sitting. Maybe like when brakes squeek after a wash/rain....

Problem solved....

Quick Reply: Creaking noise from pressure plate/clutch when engine off