C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette C6 Headlight Lens Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 PM
orobotheman
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Corvette C6 Headlight Lens Replacement

I've seen a place or two that offers to replace the lens for around $700 each light. Eckler's has a set of OEM lens for $400 for the pair. I also saw a place called C6 Corvette Performance. They have lens pairs for $300 and also say they are GM OEM. I did a quick search about them and saw the better business bureau had them listed with a few complains about products/service. I wondered if anyone has used their lenses. Seems like a good deal. I've seen the you tube videos and think I'd like to try this myself. Anyone have any ideas or feedback? Much appreciated!
The following users liked this post:
DLove25 (07-24-2016)

Popular Reply

09-24-2015, 09:23 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by LS3_Beast
He's probably not going to "Give" you the instructions... He sells them for $50... Or included when you buy his lenses for $310. His lenses are very good quality. I have bought 4 pairs from him. I made my own DIY on how to install these lenses from step one using my information and pictures along with some of his... Here is the link...enjoy

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-z06-etc.html

Very good write. With your permission I'll include your link with mine for those that want a more detailed version.

Originally Posted by Slick 6MT
He sells the instructions for $50?

Jesus, that's pretty ridiculous.
Do you give your work product away???

Originally Posted by DNAST1
I hope that's not the case. That's irritating! IMO the forum is here to share information, not sell it. Not taking away from his business at all. Thanks LS3_beast for the link.
Do a search on my name, you'll find what I have contributed to this forum.

Originally Posted by LS3_Beast
Yea it's listed on his EBay page. I'm sure he put a lot of effort and work into writing the instructions, but yea $50 is a bit much...

Yeah, It's fifty bucks. I get about 10 emails a day from folks who have bought the cheaper knock off lens then want me to "give them" my instructions.

If not for my effort early on, and assuming no body else stepped up to the plate, everyone would be stuck living with crappy headlight lens or buying New headlights from the dealer.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back but many don't realize just what it took to get GM to sell these to me. They are not a dealer item or even serviceable as far as they are concerned.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:19 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by orobotheman
I've seen a place or two that offers to replace the lens for around $700 each light. Eckler's has a set of OEM lens for $400 for the pair. I also saw a place called C6 Corvette Performance. They have lens pairs for $300 and also say they are GM OEM. I did a quick search about them and saw the better business bureau had them listed with a few complains about products/service. I wondered if anyone has used their lenses. Seems like a good deal. I've seen the you tube videos and think I'd like to try this myself. Anyone have any ideas or feedback? Much appreciated!
I bought mine from forum member RLSebring. They are roughly $200.00 per side. He also has them on ebay under username RLSebring as well. Robert will also provide a PDF for removal of old lens, and installation instructions for new lens as well. His Instructions also show you how to remove the headlights from the car without removing the bumper.
You don't need any special tools
T-15 Torx screwdriver
1/4" socket- standard 7mm socket and 10mm deep socket
flat screwdriver

It's easy to do. I just replaced mine in November.

Good Luck
The following 4 users liked this post by 4SUMERZ:
gsb321 (06-20-2016), pfic06 (05-16-2017), Rudy700 (07-11-2016), wideglideleon (02-25-2020)
Old 03-23-2015, 03:35 PM
That_White_C6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just ordered from coastalcorvette.com it was $320 shipped for both sides which i thought was a great price. I placed my order on a wednesday and emphasized how i needed the lenses quickly. I was assured it would take 2 days once it went out... They didn't ship my item until the following Monday. so all it all it took about 10 days to receive my package i would have gladly paid more for faster shipping. I struggled to get a tracking number and that was actually something i never did receive at that.

Also i did notice was that they seemed to scratch fairly easily... like with a microfiber cloth easy... Price was good, seemed to be an OEM part. But frankly i'm unsure. Buyer Beware with Coastal Corvettes

I hate throwing them under the bus, but It was a pretty infuriating experience.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:39 PM
RLambert
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my lenses and black bezels from RLSebring. Not that difficult just take your time.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:01 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Before you order any lenses, make sure that the supplier has them in stock. If they do not, sometimes they can be back ordered for months.
RLSebring will let buyers know that he has or has not have them available.

Old 03-23-2015, 05:22 PM
That_White_C6
Pro

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
Before you order any lenses, make sure that the supplier has them in stock. If they do not, sometimes they can be back ordered for months.
RLSebring will let buyers know that he has or has not have them available.

I tried to contact rlsebring several times, no response, i know he has been going through some personal issues, so i wasn't upset i just moved forward with another company. Hopefully you'll have a better experience than i did..

Install was really easy i just baked a 275 for 10 mins each time the glue cooled i warmed it back up. super super easy, i used a 3m Marine Product to seal them back up. i can see what it was called when i get home if i can remember, but it worked well so far no leaks
Old 03-24-2015, 09:10 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

RLSebring has been contacted and does indeed have the lenses in stock.
He was very ill for over a month, but back to work now.
Here is the e-bay listing for his lenses or you can PM him on here.
I sent him an e-bay question and he answered. $155.00 per side
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/C6-Corvette-O...a83755&vxp=mtr
The following users liked this post:
RacerXvprklr (07-03-2017)
Old 03-24-2015, 11:23 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Anybody have link to the instructions or u-tube for replacement.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:36 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1bdvet
Anybody have link to the instructions or u-tube for replacement.
PM sent
Old 03-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Paul, do you still prefer the cutting off method or have you become more in favor of the oven method ?
Tempting me darn you
NSF
Old 03-24-2015, 11:56 AM
cruiser1
Advanced

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
PM sent
I could use instructions also if you don't mind!
Old 03-24-2015, 01:46 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
Paul, do you still prefer the cutting off method or have you become more in favor of the oven method ?
Tempting me darn you
NSF
There was a method to my madness a few years ago.
1) I wanted to see if Black bezels would appeal to me, and since my lens were borderline in appearance, I decided to try to cut them off, paint the bezels and re-glue the lenses back on. My car was in hibernation, so I had tim,e to buy new lenses if the experiment went sideways.
2) The cutting and re-gluing worked A-1
3) I tried them on the car for a running season to make sure that they would hold up, and they did, without leaking at the cut lines where they were re-glued.

My original lenses, with many road trip miles, etc, they were sandblasted a bit, so as per my plan, I bought new lenses and installed those this past November.
I did like the Black headlight look on my VY, so I kept those black when I replaced my original cut lenses with new ones.

Each of the projects were easily accomplished, but replacing the lenses with new ones was super simple.
I bought the lenses from RLSebring, and he sent along the instructions which were easy to follow.

To your original question:
If one wants to change the color of the Bezel, and the lenses are in good condition, I would cut them off, rather than oven, because I would be afraid that the oven method would ruin the lens surface.

If one wants to paint the bezel, and replace the lenses at the same time, then the oven method is the best and easiest choice to make.

Hope this answered your questions.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 03-24-2015 at 01:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 4SUMERZ:
RacerXvprklr (07-03-2017), Tcat20 (10-02-2019)
Old 03-24-2015, 02:09 PM
cruiser1
Advanced

I'm with 1bdvet. Anybody have link to the instructions or u-tube for replacement.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:15 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default maybe not

Originally Posted by orobotheman
if you reread c6 Corvette Performance add I believe their add says they are oem replacement lenses not GM OEM replacements.there are several companies advertising oem replacements parts from wheels to whatever part you want but they are not GM OEM parts.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:16 PM
orobotheman
Heel & Toe

Default Thanks so much guys!

Thanks so much! I ordered from RLSebring yesterday!

Originally Posted by RLambert

Bought my lenses and black bezels from RLSebring. Not that difficult just take your time.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 PM
A4ea
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That White, would you mind posting a pix? They look great and Im white too so would like to see yours.
Thanks,
Andre
Old 03-25-2015, 10:44 PM
That_White_C6
Pro

Originally Posted by A4ea
That White, would you mind posting a pix? They look great and Im white too so would like to see yours.
Thanks,
Andre
I actually have a black c6 now unfortunately but yea let me see if I have a pic

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C6 Headlight Lens Replacement

Old 03-25-2015, 10:47 PM
That_White_C6
Pro

Sorry this is the best I have.
Attached Images  
Old 03-28-2015, 09:30 PM
orobotheman
Heel & Toe

Default Whew a few questions please

Let me say first that I ordered the replacement lens' from RLsebring and his instructions for removing the lights without removing the front end worked flawlessly. Very easy!

My question is this. I now have my light assemblies and I'm wantign to make sure that I have everything removed for baking at 250 degrees F. I've removed the gasket, although those little round clips that hold parts on are a pain and i'm not sure they are all reusable. Anyway, please look at the attached pics. there are 3 11/32" nuts. The one in the middle cam off. The other two just spin whatever is on the other side. I'm assuming I need to remove them but have no idea how. Anyone have any ideas? Do they need to come off? any thing else I need to remove before the bake job?
Thanks sooooo much!!
Attached Images   
Old 03-28-2015, 10:31 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

250 degrees? Doesn't match the instructions RLsebring gives (350 degrees) He even told me he does his at 400 degrees for 12mns, but recommends 350 to others.
Remove the harnesses and turn signal bulbs (the socket contacts get cooked pretty bad, they turn black and you may end up with parking lights not turning on).

The little auto locking washers can be reused, unless you mess them up too much upon removal.

I just finished the project myself, see the before/after pics at the end of this thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...densation.html

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Corvette C6 Headlight Lens Replacement