C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Window isue (not indexing) - NEED HELP**

Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 PM
CMoccia
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Window isue (not indexing) - NEED HELP**

i bought a 2006 C6 2 weeks ago and im having issues with the driver side window. i have read on how to index the windows but that is not helping in my particular case.

My driver side window rolls up and down with no problem, the motor seems to be fine. however, my window has a gap about a half inch from the top i can clearly see daylight and go forbid it rains. unlike the passenger window, my driver side does not "auto up" when closing the door or "auto down" to clear the weatherstripping when i open or close the door. it simply rolls up like a normal window and stops about half inch from the top. this one has me stumped.

Any help is greatly appreciated - its supposed to rain tomorrow!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Carlosgtsr
Cruising

Mine would do this at times. Turns out my battery was going bad, switched to a new battery and the problem went away. Don't forget to index your windows again when removing the battery.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:18 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

If you are following the window indexing instructions with the car door closed, it should work if the car battery is good.
If it doesn't index, but the window works up and down, then perhaps the window regulator glass adjustment bolts have become loosened, and now out of adjustment for fully closed.

Good Luck
Old 03-25-2015, 07:39 PM
CMoccia
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
If you are following the window indexing instructions with the car door closed, it should work if the car battery is good.
If it doesn't index, but the window works up and down, then perhaps the window regulator glass adjustment bolts have become loosened, and now out of adjustment for fully closed.

Good Luck

Even though the battery indicator shows the battery is strong, i decided to disconnect the positive terminal and clean it offer (there was corrosion build up) - i reconnected the battery and re-indexed and it worked!
thank you guys very much for your help i feel a HUGE relief!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by CMoccia
Even though the battery indicator shows the battery is strong, i decided to disconnect the positive terminal and clean it offer (there was corrosion build up) - i reconnected the battery and re-indexed and it worked!
thank you guys very much for your help i feel a HUGE relief!
We all like success stories. Good Job
Old 03-27-2015, 01:06 AM
Davids65
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

What are the directions for indexing the window? I discovered mine is not working either today. I drove the car today and noticed the window isn't going up when I close the door.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Davids65
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

It took a bit of searching but I found it thank you anyway I will try this next time I use the car

After a power reconnect such as battery replacement,
the window index-up feature will not function until
the system is initialized.
Once power is restored:
1. Close the car door.
2. Raise the window and hold the switch up for three
seconds after the window is closed.
3. Release the switch, then hold the switch up again
for three seconds and release.

Get notified of new replies

To **Window isue (not indexing) - NEED HELP**

Search this Thread