C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Masters

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Masters

We have the Masters golf tournament going on here in Augusta and my wife and i drove downtown through all the golf traffic last night,its just like the traffic jams in Myrtle Beach on the blvd. plenty of beautiful exotic cars to look at and we stopped at a resturant for dinner ,sat outside and watched the crowds.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:53 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I'm jealous
My wife and I did the Augusta trip 2 times, once in 2010 by flight and a rent a car, then in 2013 via C6, which was much more fun.
The Masters is one of the greatest Sporting events of the year, bar none.

Have a great time

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-1-2013-a.html
Old 04-12-2015, 10:04 AM
bucwheat
Race Director

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
I'm jealous
My wife and I did the Augusta trip 2 times, once in 2010 by flight and a rent a car, then in 2013 via C6, which was much more fun.
The Masters is one of the greatest Sporting events of the year, bar none.

Have a great time

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-1-2013-a.html
Thanks,most people who live here go on vacation to avoid the traffic,but i find its not that bad. That course is the most beautiful thing to see in person,you cant explain it.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by bucwheat
That course is the most beautiful thing to see in person,you cant explain it.
I want to believe Augusta's as close to Heaven as there is on earth, place is that beautiful. Course sup has to be some sort of Rembrandt in his own rite. You're very fortunate to live in such an amazing place.

Kid from TX appears destined to win this Masters in spite of gallant play from rest of field. Today's round will be a genuine treat.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:58 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Thanks,most people who live here go on vacation to avoid the traffic,but i find its not that bad. That course is the most beautiful thing to see in person,you cant explain it.
Augusta National is the nicest golf course in the world, as far as beauty of the grounds, the way the buildings are hidden among the trees, the tall Georgian Pines, the pine straw, the magnolias, etc etc. No other tournament has on site parking for their patrons like the Masters.

We've been to a lot of tournaments, and all others pale in comparison.
The bar that they have set at Augusta National is not attainable by any course or tournament IMO.

Jack Nicklaus comes pretty close at the Memorial (Murfield Village), but still a far distant top ten at best.
TPC Sawgrass is very nice, but again, not even close. The same can be said for Torrey Pines, St Andrews and Pebble Beach.

You will never see a Porta pottie or a sponsor tent at Augusta.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:58 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Old 04-14-2015, 06:37 PM
bucwheat
Race Director

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Here ya go Rose,this is one beautiful place buddy.
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Anyone who has ever attended a Masters Tournament knows that a picture is nice, but like TV pictures, it just doesn't do it justice.
The course has more slopes, elevation changes and undulating greens that even HD TV pictures can't fully capture the true essence of the course. You can't smell the glorious scent of Georgian Pines from pics either.
TV does capture the beauty of the Azalias, the Magnolias, the towering pines, and how well manicured the course is, year after year.

It's as close to Heaven on Earth as possible, especially to a golfer or a golf fan. Visiting Augusta National has to rank pretty high on every golfers bucket list!

Old 04-15-2015, 04:10 PM
NewfGuy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can a mere mortal, like myself, just go down there to view the grounds? Or, is it closed to the public completely?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:02 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NewfGuy
Can a mere mortal, like myself, just go down there to view the grounds? Or, is it closed to the public completely?
It is closed to the public completely. You can't access the grounds as it is a private club. They only have about 300 members, and even money can't buy you membership to that club. Membership is strictly by invitation; there is no application process.
Most members are CEO's of major corporations.
A list is available on line of current members.

Long time patrons (spectators) were allowed Weekly Masters tickets years ago through a lottery, and those tickets stayed with the lucky person forever, then passed down to future generations in that family.

Those patron tickets are shared within the family members each year. I have a buddy that has a family member that has tickets, and he gets them very 5 years or so.
It was announced this year by the chairman of Augusta that this practice would only go on for one more generation, and then they will return to the Augusta National Golf club. I believe that in the future, a yearly lottery will be carried out for the tickets, and will only be good for that one year.

There is presently a lottery held each year for a up to 4 tickets for each of the tournament days, and each of the practice round days.
If you get picked, you can then buy those for a very reasonable price.
Go to https://tickets.masters.com

If you don't get picked by the lottery, then your only recourse is to buy tickets from Go tickets etc, for a very healthy price.

Hope this explains it a bit.

BTW, We stopped in Sea Island GA a few years ago, and I wanted to see the Seaside course that the McGladery Classic is played on, but I was turned back at the security gate. That is also a private club, so unless you are staying at the seaside resort, or you are a member, you don't get in.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 04-15-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:47 PM
bucwheat
Race Director

Originally Posted by NewfGuy
No its a private club,they do have media day and if your with a news or a reporter there is a chance.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:32 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Congratulate Tiger for us.................oh, wait......

Get notified of new replies

To Masters

Quick Reply: Masters