Another Newbe Kills Himself With His Corvette. - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Newbe Kills Himself With His Corvette.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:57 PM
lordofwar
CF Senior Member

Default Another Newbe Kills Himself With His Corvette.

the most dangerous car in america strikes again.he was the manager of a chevy dealership in tampa.he showed a friend of mine his new corvette he got monday.just like the 73 year old guy who klled himself on the first day with his vette.when you do not respect these super cars this is the result.sad but true.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-crash/2225416
Old 04-15-2015, 10:11 PM
Mr.Nubain
CF Senior Member

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida

Thank goodness he hit a light pole and not any innocent tree's. Lot's of boneheads out there.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Vette_DD
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain View Post
Thank goodness he hit a light pole and not any innocent tree's. Lot's of boneheads out there.
Didn't read the article, did you?

after he crashed his car into a light pole and two trees
Old 04-15-2015, 10:34 PM
Richard Ames
CF Senior Member

Too bad. Prayers for the family. Going that fast in a possibly congested probably residential area is a poor decision but makes it no easier on the family and friends. Also gives the Corvette an undeserved reputation kind of like guns. The person makes the decision not the car or gun. Blessing is that the consequence only affected the person making the decision.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:48 PM
csf
CF Senior Member

Sad and agree 100% . . . 80 in a 25 mph zone is insane . . . but just think the titles of these type of threads could be worded a bit more compassionately.

Just my opinion, not trying to cause a forum argument.

Condolences to that family.

Last edited by csf; 04-15-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:02 PM
SpeedUp
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 04-15-2015, 11:04 PM
simplegto
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

The C7 is selling to a lot of first time Corvette owners. The average person has no idea how to control all the power.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:13 PM
ExRedRacer
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

80 in a 25 ????

I'm wondering if he applied the same throttle to the C7 as he used to apply in his other "fast" cars to see what it could do and things got to going so fast so quickly he panicked.

There ought to be a mandatory training day for new Vette owners on some local track so they can understand the raw power these things have. As a Vette driver for over 10 years, I'm still in awe of how much power they have when that right pedal is pushed with authority.

Condolences to the family....

Last edited by ExRedRacer; 04-15-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

Famous last words before something really ugly happens ....

"Hey, Watch This" !
Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 PM
Rky Mtn C6
CF Senior Member

Rode motorcycles for 40 years, the same problem exists in the bike world too. No experience and no respect for the power. Bikers ride beyond their skills and pay the price. 80 in a 25 is sheer stupidity. My prayers are for those who he left behind.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:41 PM
98Pace
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by lordofwar View Post
the most dangerous car in america strikes again.he was the manager of a chevy dealership in tampa.he showed a friend of mine his new corvette he got monday.just like the 73 year old guy who klled himself on the first day with his vette.when you do not respect these super cars this is the result.sad but true.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-crash/2225416
Still waiting on you to either refute what I posted the last time you spouted this bs or at least come up with an article that has statistics for corvettes newer than 1993.

My bet is you can't do it because it doesn't exist. Simply put, the Corvette is not the most dangerous car in America.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:50 PM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ruxvette View Post
I concur on both counts.
To the OP..."Newbe kills himself"..."most dangerous car in america strikes again"..."do not respect these super cars". Is somebody writing this crap for you?
Come back after you learn when to use capital letters and punctuation.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:53 PM
jrose7004
CF Senior Member

Another one? Geez.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:41 AM
George's_Vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

After multiple trips to Spring Mtn Motorsports Ranch I feel every Corvette owner should take at least the 3 day Level 1 Corvette driving school to learn what these cars are capable of. (Plus it's very fun) I've driven both multiple C-6's and C-7's at the Spring Mtn. and always come away with great respect for the cars and the tires they are equipped with and a better understanding on how to use their electronic traction and braking systems. I've taken a friend who had a C-5 and my GF who occasionally drives our C-6, because her driving drove me crazy. After taking Level 1 she now knows how to drive the car. Mid day on day 2 she was in tears because she was not getting it. During a ride along session with an instructor I told him she is about to quit due to frustration. He went to the lead instructor Rick and she was paired up with a ride along instructor for the next 2 track sessions. By the end of the day she was all smiles and on top of the world. Driving like she stole it.

If you're going to drive it like you stole it then you should know how to drive it.

I was lucky enough to survive 2009 when I bought my Corvette. All sorts of stupid stunts in my attempt to self teach myself how to manage all the new found power under the hood.

Damn, deja vu. I learned to ride motorcycles the same way. Self taught. Taught myself all the bad habits before I took a motorcycle safety foundation 2.5 day training school and learned a lot.

Bottom line. If you're going to drive these cars aggressively and don't know what the hell you are doing get some training. 2 deaths in the last 7-10 days that I'm aware of involving new Corvette owners. UNACCEPTABLE!

George

Last edited by George's_Vette; 04-16-2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:52 AM
lordofwar
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by simplegto View Post
The C7 is selling to a lot of first time Corvette owners. The average person has no idea how to control all the power.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:56 AM
lordofwar
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA View Post
Famous last words before something really ugly happens ....

"Hey, Watch This" !
Old 04-16-2015, 12:59 AM
lordofwar
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by George's_Vette View Post
After multiple trips to Spring Mtn Motorsports Ranch I feel every Corvette owner should take at least the 3 day Level 1 Corvette driving school to learn what these cars are capable of. (Plus it's very fun) I've driven both multiple C-6's and C-7's at the Spring Mtn. and always come away with great respect for the cars and the tires they are equipped with and a better understanding on how to use their electronic traction and braking systems. I've taken a friend who had a C-5 and my GF who occasionally drives our C-6, because her driving drove me crazy. After taking Level 1 she now knows how to drive the car. Mid day on day 2 she was in tears because she was not getting it. During a ride along session with an instructor I told him she is about to quit due to frustration. He went to the lead instructor Rick and she was paired up with a ride along instructor for the next 2 track sessions. By the end of the day she was all smiles and on top of the world. Driving like she stole it.

If you're going to drive it like you stole it then you should know how to drive it.

I was lucky enough to survive 2009 when I bought my Corvette. All sorts of stupid stunts in my attempt to self teach myself how to manage all the new found power under the hood.

Damn, deja vu. I learned to ride motorcycles the same way. Self taught. Taught myself all the bad habits before I took a motorcycle safety foundation 2.5 day training school and learned a lot.

Bottom line. If you're going to drive these cars aggressively and don't know what the hell you are doing get some training. 2 deaths in the last 7-10 days that I'm aware of involving new Corvette owners. UNACCEPTABLE!

George
Old 04-16-2015, 02:39 AM
Firewater Burns
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by lordofwar View Post
bla,bla,bla

Last edited by Firewater Burns; 04-16-2015 at 02:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:49 AM
Torchsport
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-18

Old 04-16-2015, 06:00 AM
Don-Vette
CF Senior Member

People are responsible for their own actions. Every action has a reaction. Only compassion I have is for the family.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Newbe Kills Himself With His Corvette.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: