C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 12-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
A friend who had lost all ability to hold urine, due to a botched prostate radiation treatment, uses a medical ***** clamp. While in the hospital for another semi-related problem, the word got around rather quickly among the nurses about the guy with the ***** clamp. He had a steady stream of nurses who wanted to see it, claiming they had never seen one before and were just curious. Because of the years of extended use and inability to have an erection, the doctor who was going to do the surgery couldn't use the standard internal catheter. So with the assistance of a young pretty, but nervous nurse, the doctor was going to use an external catheter that is similar to a heavy duty condom that gets glued in place. While applying the glue, the doctor's glove got stuck on the leg and the nurse instinctively reached in to help and got her hand stuck to his *****. They didn't have the solvent in the room to release the glue, because it's normally kept in the surgical recovery area and it took more than just a few minutes to get it sent in. He said they were sorta shocked at first, but then started laughing. I can only imagine how the nurse explained how her day went when she got home.

The sad part is that Mikey (some of this group may remember him from the geezer lunches) has fought the cancer that invaded his prostate about 20 years ago and spread to other areas. He's had multiple surgeries and lots of drug, etc treatments. A couple months ago, he opted to stop everything, since nothing was going to stop the progression. As a final tribute to his military service and to honor his contributions to the Corvette community and the geezer group, in excess of 40 Corvettes (and a couple brand X's) we will be doing a drive-by this Sunday with horn honking, engine reving, and burnouts, while he sits in his wheelchair at the end of his driveway.
**** that's rough
Old 12-05-2018, 03:05 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,935 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

A friend who had lost all ability to hold urine, due to a botched prostate radiation treatment, uses a medical ***** clamp. While in the hospital for another semi-related problem, the word got around rather quickly among the nurses about the guy with the ***** clamp. He had a steady stream of nurses who wanted to see it, claiming they had never seen one before and were just curious. Because of the years of extended use and inability to have an erection, the doctor who was going to do the surgery couldn't use the standard internal catheter. So with the assistance of a young pretty, but nervous nurse, the doctor was going to use an external catheter that is similar to a heavy duty condom that gets glued in place. While applying the glue, the doctor's glove got stuck on the leg and the nurse instinctively reached in to help and got her hand stuck to his *****. They didn't have the solvent in the room to release the glue, because it's normally kept in the surgical recovery area and it took more than just a few minutes to get it sent in. He said they were sorta shocked at first, but then started laughing. I can only imagine how the nurse explained how her day went when she got home.

The sad part is that Mikey (some of this group may remember him from the geezer lunches) has fought the cancer that invaded his prostate about 20 years ago and spread to other areas. He's had multiple surgeries and lots of drug, etc treatments. A couple months ago, he opted to stop everything, since nothing was going to stop the progression. As a final tribute to his military service and to honor his contributions to the Corvette community and the geezer group, in excess of 40 Corvettes (and a couple brand X's) we will be doing a drive-by this Sunday with horn honking, engine reving, and burnouts, while he sits in his wheelchair at the end of his driveway.
That is an awesome thing for that group to do as a tribute!
Old 12-05-2018, 04:30 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Do an extra Burnout from all of us at Hammys.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:43 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
**** that's rough
Originally Posted by rkj427
That is an awesome thing for that group to do as a tribute!
Originally Posted by wayback
Do an extra Burnout from all of us at Hammys.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:23 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

A young GS'er man moves into a nudist colony.

He receives a letter from his grandmother asking him to send her a current photo of himself in his new location.

Too embarrassed to let her know that he lives in a nudist colony, he finishes his three beers and grabs a nude photo of himself taken at the swimming pool & cuts the photo in half and mails it to her.

The next day he discovers that he had accidentally sent the bottom half of the photo.

He's really worried, but then remembers how bad his grandmother's eyesight is, and hopes she won't notice.

A week later, he receives a letter from his grandmother.

It says: "Thank you for the picture. Please change your hairstyle...it makes your nose look too short!"

Love, Grandma

Last edited by rkj427; 12-05-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Scott, sent you a PM...……………… email would NOT work...…….

Ruxy and Whay…………………… check your personal emails...……………
Old 12-05-2018, 09:06 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

too all the patrons in the warmer weather states...……………..

below is one good reason to live in a colder climate...………….

Old 12-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

A snowman with 26 dicks? That your kinda thing?
Old 12-05-2018, 09:10 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
A snowman with 26 dicks? That your kinda thing?
typical uneducated GS'er remark...………………

free refrigeration to keep the long neck bottles cold...…………
Old 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

Hoxy, add me to the list of well wishers for your friend. Life sometimes deals us a really bad hand but, it sounds like you friend is making the best of it.

Scott
Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 AM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

I don't care RJK, it's still snow. The stuff that makes you slip and slide and has to be shovelled off walks and drives. Yuck!
Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 AM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

427 man, a reply to your P.M. is waiting.

Scott
Old 12-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,955 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Atta boy Hoxxman.......nice thing you are doing..... Well I see the C8 topics have ramped up with posts from folks who have never posted before on CF telling inside stories......also key fobs have now been outed........ it remains to be seen if we will have a reveal by GM this January at Detroit. Some say yes some say no....... I am looking forward to seeing it.....GM is going after the younger generations and will need something radically different to do it. I cannot hardly imagine a time when there are no new conventional Corvettes made....... that will be weird. But as the Boomers age I can see that something has to be done to get the younger guys involved........ I hear that the Grand Sport with 520 hp will live and the Z06 will go away. Grand Sport......Grand Sport......let it roll off your tongue......what a great name for a great car.........

Going to get the Christmas tree on Saturday..... will be tromping around looking for the perfect tree....... has anyone noticed how much a good tree cost these days........ ? Keep wanting to get a fake tree but the family is having nothing to do with it.........tradition you know......

I miss driving my cars..... everything I like to do involves nice weather..... how is it to drive your GS everyday Ruxy? a few pics maybe to give us northlanders some hope......

Ok better go do the dishes.....its my turn......
Old 12-06-2018, 11:04 AM
wayback
Team Owner

H1 you gonna wear your new apron mrs H1 gave you?

Old 12-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,955 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

How did you know? mine is pink though.......
Old 12-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Atta boy Hoxxman.......nice thing you are doing..... Well I see the C8 topics have ramped up with posts from folks who have never posted before on CF telling inside stories......also key fobs have now been outed........ it remains to be seen if we will have a reveal by GM this January at Detroit. Some say yes some say no....... I am looking forward to seeing it.....GM is going after the younger generations and will need something radically different to do it. I cannot hardly imagine a time when there are no new conventional Corvettes made....... that will be weird. But as the Boomers age I can see that something has to be done to get the younger guys involved........ I hear that the Grand Sport with 520 hp will live and the Z06 will go away. Grand Sport......Grand Sport......let it roll off your tongue......what a great name for a great car.........

Going to get the Christmas tree on Saturday..... will be tromping around looking for the perfect tree....... has anyone noticed how much a good tree cost these days........ ? Keep wanting to get a fake tree but the family is having nothing to do with it.........tradition you know......

I miss driving my cars..... everything I like to do involves nice weather..... how is it to drive your GS everyday Ruxy? a few pics maybe to give us northlanders some hope......

Ok better go do the dishes.....its my turn......
I drove mine this weekend and once in the rain...
Old 12-06-2018, 12:21 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Huskerman
How did you know? mine is pink though.......
I made sure mine was white.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 12-06-2018, 12:38 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 535 Likes on 285 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Hey guys. I'm getting along OK. Made the 4 hour trip home in a mere 5 1/2 hours. Had to stop 5 times to get out and walk around a bit. Last night wasn't the best nights sleep I ever had, but made it through. A little less pain today, but still swelled up, so that limits movements some.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:51 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by teebee
Hey guys. I'm getting along OK. Made the 4 hour trip home in a mere 5 1/2 hours. Had to stop 5 times to get out and walk around a bit. Last night wasn't the best nights sleep I ever had, but made it through. A little less pain today, but still swelled up, so that limits movements some.
Glad to hear you're back on home turf...… that first week or so that incision will let you know it's there.

Kick back and relax and be glad that's behind you, now you can enjoy the holidays.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:23 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

So.....wifeys brakes were squealing and with her car approaching 45k miles, I figured it was time for brakes.

Dropped off her car this morning on our way to my stress test (doc ordered one, getting old sucks ) By the time we got home there was a message on the phone, said they were done. Brakes fine , still 70% there. Deglazed rotors, cleaned up calipers and lubed slides. Invoice only came to $70, pleasantly surprised it was that cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill