C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 12-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Although the bible says you are saved by grace and not by works, it also says this.....I don't believe you can have one without the other, they go hand in hand.

Matthew 25:31-46 New International Version (NIV)

The Sheep and the Goats

"But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. Before him all the nations will be gathered, and he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will tell those on his right hand, ‘Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me.’“Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, and feed you; or thirsty, and give you a drink? When did we see you as a stranger, and take you in; or naked, and clothe you? When did we see you sick, or in prison, and come to you?’“The King will answer them, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Then he will say also to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you didn’t give me food to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and you didn’t take me in; naked, and you didn’t clothe me; sick, and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’“Then they will also answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and didn’t help you?’“Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Most certainly I tell you, because you didn’t do it to one of the least of these, you didn’t do it to me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Also says you can repent on your death bed and be saved all the same, regardless the life you lived.

Which just proves the ridiculous inconsistencies. Anywho...

I'll be "celebrating" the day off by wrapping the RX7. I still have a **** ton of sanding to do but should have it done in time.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:04 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
Also says you can repent on your death bed and be saved all the same, regardless the life you lived.

I'll be "celebrating" the day off by wrapping the RX7. I still have a **** ton of sanding to do but should have it done in time.
I'm surprised you'll be celebrating alone, seeing how much you seem to love people....

Old 12-13-2018, 04:12 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Hey hey.......the engine room needs to be clean and tidy also...... next time we meet up with our cars I propose a race. quarter mile half mile whatever, and lets see how the Red Sled does against the BSGS..... I got a pack of Omaha steaks says I will win. What will you put up other then a warm six pak of Shlitz beer.... I promise no big power adders.......I am to cheap you know......
Nothing wrong with being cheap.......basers are called that all the time by the GSers, take it as a big compliment. We prefer to call it being smart amongst ourselves.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

I'm surprised you'll be celebrating alone, seeing how much you seem to love people....

My brother will be coming by to give me some extra hands on the sides. I won't be doing the bumpers yet as the back needs a ton of fab work and I need to leave the front off to get the forklift close enough to drop the engine in. Which reminds me, I need to talk to my tuner for the various missing bits for the engine.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,956 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Well works is works and out of love for Christ you will do these tasks to help his Kingdom and his people. I do not see those things as Religious works, I see them as acts of love and kindness done in the name of the Father. They are normal expressions of the Love of Christ and followers of his teachings, which among other teaching is the Golden Rule....do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That's not works that's Grace.

As far as death bed conversions there is still judgment to go through and all will be revealed at that point. Those known by the Lord will have an advocate in Jesus who knows his flock. Quickie last ditch attempts may or may not work well for you. One thing for sure we are all going to find out in the end.
The following users liked this post:
teebee (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wayback
Nothing wrong with being cheap.......basers are called that all the time by the GSers, take it as a big compliment. We prefer to call it being smart amongst ourselves.
I've got a GS and I'm the cheapest ************ here. How do you think I afforded a GS

I've got a few pairs of underwear so ripped up my ***** hang through the bottom.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:01 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Well works is works and out of love for Christ you will do these tasks to help his Kingdom and his people. I do not see those things as Religious works, I see them as acts of love and kindness done in the name of the Father. They are normal expressions of the Love of Christ and followers of his teachings, which among other teaching is the Golden Rule....do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That's not works that's Grace.

As far as death bed conversions there is still judgment to go through and all will be revealed at that point. Those known by the Lord will have an advocate in Jesus who knows his flock. Quickie last ditch attempts may or may not work well for you. One thing for sure we are all going to find out in the end.
That is for sure!!!

For me, certain things in the bible are black and white, plenty of things are in shades of gray.....it's why scholars and theologians have debated the meaning of bible scriptures for centuries.

All I can do is put my hope and faith in Jesus and search for the truth, and if I have misunderstood something along the way, hope he does as he promised, forgives me.

That's enough of that.....back to our regular scheduled programming.....

The following users liked this post:
Huskerman (12-14-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 05:08 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

December 13th and am still clueless on what to get Mrs R for Christmas.....

I need to spend some time on Amazon.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:11 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Thank you all for the words of wisdom.................................. .

PBR's all around........................... no time for Schlitz or Goebel here....................

unfortunately still at work, and maybe for a long time yet..................................

really got to love the end of the year............
Old 12-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Anyone else see this? Very very tempting. I bet I could fix that for a couple thousand or less...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...77k-miles.html
Old 12-13-2018, 06:00 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rkj427

Thank you all for the words of wisdom...................................

PBR's all around........................... no time for Schlitz or Goebel here....................

unfortunately still at work, and maybe for a long time yet..................................

really got to love the end of the year............
Words of something for sure, wisdom...….well that's debatable.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:36 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Shao...Not that it matters to you, or should, but I think you forget one thing by definition. If one wants to be pragmatic about what is the afterlife, they might want to consider it..

Omnipotence(your God?) is the quality of having unlimited power(including all knowing). Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence to only the deity of their faith.

If this is the case, they might know when you are pulling their leg...

Last edited by NOWUCME; 12-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
Shao...Not that it matters to you, or should, but I think you forget one thing by definition. If one wants to be pragmatic about what is the afterlife, they might want to consider it..

Omnipotence(your God?) is the quality of having unlimited power. Monotheistic religions generally attribute omnipotence to only the deity of their faith.

If this is the case, they might know when you are pulling their leg...
Oh that's a whole different argument, related but a completely different road of Omnipotence=Malevolence via definition of acts in the bible.

For the record I don't have an issue with all religions(well I do in a sense) it's mainly Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism and Islam. The Quoran being largely verbatim to the Bible, Catholic church supporting the holocaust, etc.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:49 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Words of something for sure, wisdom...….well that's debatable.

I thought the only thing debatable here were how Hammy's GS'er Bar & Grille has become over run with basers and how the G'ers can try to slow us down.....................

H1, nothing wrong about the Katech items on the BSGS..................... really set off the underhood appearance.............

just had to get my shot in while the opportunity presented itself...........

leaving for home.................... nice days, in about 6:00AM and out by 7:00PM.................

salary position so no extra compensation............... oh, and it is NOT a 6 digit figure or even remotely close..........

Last edited by rkj427; 12-13-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:22 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I thought the only thing debatable here were how Hammy's GS'er Bar & Grille has become over run with basers and how the G'ers can try to slow us down.....................

H1, nothing wrong about the Katech items on the BSGS..................... really set off the underhood appearance.............

just had to get my shot in while the opportunity presented itself...........

leaving for home.................... nice days, in about 6:00AM and out by 7:00PM.................

salary position so no extra compensation............... oh, and it is NOT a 6 digit figure or even remotely close..........
So mid seven figures......just what we all thought ….
Old 12-13-2018, 07:29 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Good comments H1 and R&L, especially for this time of year. Not a bad time to reflect and take the pulse. If everyone would simplify those words down to The Golden Rule and Love One Another would be a better world..IMO

Best to all here and your Families for Christmas and the New Year to come.

I first heard this when I was about 10 yeas old. Don't know why I always remembered it. Maybe just a metaphor for life and it's journey to me. Maybe it just the time now in life?

Last edited by NOWUCME; 12-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:42 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Oh that's a whole different argument, related but a completely different road of Omnipotence=Malevolence via definition of acts in the bible.

For the record I don't have an issue with all religions(well I do in a sense) it's mainly Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism and Islam. The Quoran being largely verbatim to the Bible, Catholic church supporting the holocaust, etc.
Since it applied only to your comment to repent on one's death bed, and many religions, don't think it's worth laboring the point. If you always look for the worst in people you can usually find some. Past and present.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 12-13-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 12-13-2018, 08:33 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

I thought the only thing debatable here were how Hammy's GS'er Bar & Grille has become over run with basers and how the G'ers can try to slow us down........and it is NOT a 6 digit figure or even remotely close..........
I agree wholeheartedly with your first statement. Religious or not, Christian or not, it's your life. Live life in the manner that suits you. And there is a place to render your thoughts...off topic.

As for your second comment...you told me you were like Jimmy Buffet: made enough money to buy Miami but pissed it away so fast.

And, going back to the first statement: Today is/was National Pick a Pathologist Day. None of us are getting out of this alive so make friends with a pathologist/coroner...you never know what tomorrow may bring.
BTW, I highly recommend all hammers (even the young studs or studettes) get a POLST form filled out at the next doctor visit.

OK, I'm done...

Old 12-13-2018, 08:38 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
I agree wholeheartedly with your first statement. Religious or not, Christian or not, it's your life. Live life in the manner that suits you. And there is a place to render your thoughts...off topic.

As for your second comment...you told me you were like Jimmy Buffet: made enough money to buy Miami but pissed it away so fast.

And, going back to the first statement: Today is/was National Pick a Pathologist Day. None of us are getting out of this alive so make friends with a pathologist/coroner...you never know what tomorrow may bring.
BTW, I highly recommend all hammers (even the young studs or studettes) get a POLST form filled out at the next doctor visit.

OK, I'm done...
Aren't all topics and thoughts at Hammy's pretty much off topic?

Last edited by R&L's C6; 12-13-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:56 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
with my occupation being similar to a pathologist / coroner...……………. although I deal with damaged or dead automotive components...………………. think I got my bases (and some GS'ers) covered there...……..

also, knowing those here that I met or have created unique bonds with...……….and consider friends, (more than acquaintances)…………… most of the Hammy regulars could be considered part of a group coverage plan too...……

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill