C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 06:50 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 919 Likes on 465 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

I like it a LOT more than I thought I would.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:24 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,817 Likes on 1,966 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I don't think the top 5 dealers in the country will sell over sticker....at sticker I'm sure....but if some dealership was charging sticker plus the other dealers would pick up that sale and add volume.....
Old 07-19-2019, 07:25 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,623 Likes on 2,347 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

This is car in blade silver with body color jet intake lip, mirrors, small spoiler, and polished wheels I could do...maybe Long Beach Red. For Humpty Dumpty white it needs all the black trim and wheels...
Old 07-19-2019, 07:51 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

I like the fact that they kept it attainable, kept it a touring car with the cargo spaces, and that the top still comes off.

I cant wait to see it in person.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:34 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

these are just some thoughts based on the C7 option packages and pricing...…………… Z51 package would offer performance brakes and suspension components, additional spoilers or splitter over a base car similar to what the C7 offers for about 5K more, then figure the roadster version would be another 5K option...………. thinking that realistically about 70 - 75 MSRP similar to the C7 platform...….. I am certain any of the individual options will add costs like colored calipers, seat belts, trim stitching, etc. but it would be more up to the individual just how much certain added items appeal and naturally add to costs....

keeping the LT1 based engine, only one transmission, and other major components or sub assemblies common to all of the new generation saves GM actual costs and makes the price point announced not only a "fair" price point where they make a profit, and still offer a great value to the end user customer...………… vehicle development costs are spread out over the projected life cycle of the platform, and seeing how this appears to be a mid-engine platform going forward, additional costs will be minimalized even when they offer the reported "higher performance" or hybrid versions in the future...…….

the new electrical system is also shared with other GM platforms / divisions, so again a "shared cost" that gets split amongst many potential new vehicles and owners...……………….

the other item that will keep the appeal is the added interior space, the storage capability for any potential road trippers, and still represents an American iconic nameplate going forward...…….

the real only concern I have it how much is going to be the cheap looking plastic that GM has been known for adding to vehicles in place of what should or would be better quality body panels or sub assemblies of those panels...……………. I am still old enough to remember when the "higher end" vehicles produced by American OEM's would not cut corners or scrimp on the small details that would detract from the complete package they were trying to sell the public...………….

should start seeing many different colored ones here passing bye the GM Tech Center daily going forward, and since it may be a couple months until the dealers have actual colors on hand, I will try to get pictures if I am able to do so...……….. they should have the "Engineering fleet" vehicles on hand there within the next 30 days
Old 07-19-2019, 09:12 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

here's an article from a local paper here in the Motor City which truly shows just how far the traditional values and truth have fallen...…………

wonder what happened to the freedom of speech...……………………

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ca/1775246001/
Old 07-19-2019, 09:21 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Hope you all have a great time in your travels next week, sure wish it would have worked out for us to come and meet you all.

Stay safe and shoot us some pics when you have time..
Old 07-19-2019, 09:36 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Hope you all have a great time in your travels next week, sure wish it would have worked out for us to come and meet you all.

Stay safe and shoot us some pics when you have time..
will do...…………….

H1 and teebee will be starting out tomorrow and wish them all the best and safe travels during their part of this adventure...…………

I will leave Sunday AM and will meet up with Hoxxy along the way as he is visiting the Midwest USA...……...

BadAV will meet up with H1 and teebee and they will ride in together to Bowling Green...………….

best of luck for my topless wide-bodied brother on his pending knee surgery scheduled for the near future...…………..

most of us going on this adventure have one another's phone numbers for calls or texts if needed...……………..

looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday evening, and the start of the fun beginning on Monday...……….

Randy, maybe think about a trip to the southwest in late February or early March 2020...……………

could meet many other's during that trip too...…… and it would be especially cool if we could get Roger along too...………
The following 2 users liked this post by rkj427:
R&L's C6 (07-20-2019), teebee (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Hope everyone has a safe and fun filled trip.

I started to paint the built in pegboard in the garage. Of course it is behind the corn binder and wraps around it on the wall by the drivers side.

Found out I have a natural tendency to lower one arm when the other arm is rolling paint above my head. Yep, spilled semi gloss black paint all over my shirt, Jean's and shoes.
Decided to take the rest of the weekend off from painting while all I spilled dried.

Boy do I feel silly. Oh well it will look good if I ever get it finished. Just no room for a ladder. Gonna have to figure something out though.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:03 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wayback
Oh well it will look good if I ever get it finished. Just no room for a ladder. Gonna have to figure something out though.
how about an extension handle for the roller itself, or possibly a small step stool or platform...………….. used the roller extension handles when I painted my house, Sherwin - Williams store had them in different sizes and price ranges...………… ended up with a couple wooden ones for a couple bucks each that added about 18 inches to the roller, and also bought an aluminum one which added between 48 and 72 inches...……... that one was more money, thinking about 30 bucks...…………….. pretty certain any paint store, hardware store, or big box retailer that sells paint may have them too...………….

Old 07-20-2019, 11:22 AM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by rkj427
thinking the greedy will mark them up about 10% or more initially, but with the added capacity at the plant, once they start shipping, it should not be long for plenty to be available.

Randy, the scoops are not as large in real life as they appeared on the camo cars, and the color can be changed to match the body color to hide them even more............. still need air intakes for cooling purposes, so there were worse alternatives they could have come up with.................

although the plant tours will be closed while we are there, they will be manufacturing pre-production non-salable vehicles during that time period............. most certain they will keep the doors and windows shut at the plant until everything is up and running at maximum efficiency for both quality and vehicle production cycle times for each individual operation or process required for total vehicle assembly.................
Robert,
According to an interview I saw yesterday, GM is claiming that all the test vehicles and cammy covered testers we've been seeing were assembled on the production line in Bowling Green. They mixed them into C7 production and encountered little or no problems. They claim 11 colors for the C8 but will not disclose the new colors for awhile. From the sound of things the Z51 package may be somewhat more expensive than usual as it will contain more content than current C7s. The front end lift package is part of the Z51 package now and it will come with a GPS associated receiver that can remember 1000 points that will automatically raise the front end with no action required by the operator (speed bumps, R.R. tracks, driveways and anything else you mark for front end lift.). The Z51 package is also a requirement for the sub 3 second 0-60 MPH times. Not sure why but they said it during the interview. Maybe the stiffer suspension but they wouldn't say it without reason (I don't think?). So far my only concern is that door mounted projection of the cooling scoop. I can see many of them being damaged when coming into contact with garage walls when opening or getting banged when that plus sized person parked next to you uses their door as a prop to get out. Maybe in a few years (if I live that long) I'll get serious about getting one but for now I'll just dream about buying the winning lottery ticket and buying a fleet of them for the guys at Hammy's.
Have a safe and fun filled trip to B.G. and pass on good wishes to the rest of your band of merry partners (I'm trying to be kind) there with you.

Scott
Old 07-20-2019, 11:36 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by scott1094
Robert,
According to an interview I saw yesterday, GM is claiming that all the test vehicles and cammy covered testers we've been seeing were assembled on the production line in Bowling Green. They mixed them into C7 production and encountered little or no problems. They claim 11 colors for the C8 but will not disclose the new colors for awhile. From the sound of things the Z51 package may be somewhat more expensive than usual as it will contain more content than current C7s. The front end lift package is part of the Z51 package now and it will come with a GPS associated receiver that can remember 1000 points that will automatically raise the front end with no action required by the operator (speed bumps, R.R. tracks, driveways and anything else you mark for front end lift.). The Z51 package is also a requirement for the sub 3 second 0-60 MPH times. Not sure why but they said it during the interview. Maybe the stiffer suspension but they wouldn't say it without reason (I don't think?). So far my only concern is that door mounted projection of the cooling scoop. I can see many of them being damaged when coming into contact with garage walls when opening or getting banged when that plus sized person parked next to you uses their door as a prop to get out. Maybe in a few years (if I live that long) I'll get serious about getting one but for now I'll just dream about buying the winning lottery ticket and buying a fleet of them for the guys at Hammy's.
Have a safe and fun filled trip to B.G. and pass on good wishes to the rest of your band of merry partners (I'm trying to be kind) there with you.

Scott
Thanks Scott! I am certain that there will be some pictures posted here over the next 6 days of the group trip. I will also have all of what I take available to the regulars again once we return and I get them uploaded onto Google. Hoping that it is not raining when I leave tomorrow morning, just trying to wrap up a few things here today...…………

as you know since we met, and hung out a bit, that I can honestly say ALL of the Hammy's members who have gotten together in one way or another all are pretty great people...……

I will pass along your wishes, and I will repeatedly attempt to get H1 to spring for a round of beverages in honor of all the regulars next week...…..
The following users liked this post:
teebee (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 12:00 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...They claim 11 colors for the C8...Scott
  • Rapid Blue
  • Zeus Bronze
  • Accelerate Yellow
  • Torch Red
  • Arctic White
  • Black
  • Blade Silver Metallic
  • Shadow Gray
  • Ceramic Matrix Gray
  • Long Beach Red
  • Elkhart Lake Blue
  • Sebring Orange
Old 07-20-2019, 12:59 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,696 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
  • Rapid Blue
  • Zeus Bronze
  • Accelerate Yellow
  • Torch Red
  • Arctic White
  • Black
  • Blade Silver Metallic
  • Shadow Gray
  • Ceramic Matrix Gray
  • Long Beach Red
  • Elkhart Lake Blue
  • Sebring Orange
I clearly heard them say 12 in the reveal.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:04 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BadAV
I clearly heard them say 12 in the reveal.
Using all my fingers, my thumbs, and my two big toes I count 12...
Old 07-20-2019, 01:16 PM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

Guys, it's one color difference. I only told you what the person being interviewed said. Maybe he was misinformed. He finished by telling the reporter that his C8 was going to be one of the "not yet announced" colors and therefore could not say just what that color was. But, due to your nagging and obvious phony counting (I checked and using fingers, toes, thumbs and great toes, I could only come up with eleven. Not sure where that eleventh one really came from but it was hanging there so I counted it), I take back my offer to buy a fleet and share them with you guys.

Scott
Old 07-20-2019, 01:20 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Thank goodness you used your big toes and not your favorite snack that rhymes with ruts.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 07-20-2019, 01:22 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Guys, it's one color difference. I only told you what the person being interviewed said. Maybe he was misinformed. He finished by telling the reporter that his C8 was going to be one of the "not yet announced" colors and therefore could not say just what that color was. But, due to your nagging and obvious phony counting (I checked and using fingers, toes, thumbs and great toes, I could only come up with eleven. Not sure where that eleventh one really came from but it was hanging there so I counted it), I take back my offer to buy a fleet and share them with you guys.

Scott
Hey, I never said nuttin.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:16 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...But, due to your nagging and obvious phony counting...
Didn't mean to nag. I just posted the exterior colors announced for the C8.
Perhaps you meant funny, not phony, counting...
Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Scott
Yep, watched that same interview.

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill