C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 01:28 PM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Close...the doctor was trying to make him WHINE...

Think about it. Making wine, Squeezing grapes.

If I have to explain it to you I need more beer. Just the memory.

Ahh hell never mind.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:27 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,349 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dshamrick
...If I have to explain it to you I need more beer...
OK, I have more beer...

Now...splain it to me, Ricky.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:29 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

OK, I have more beer...
Now...splain it to me, Ricky.
Oh, wait, the beer was for you. Damn, well, I'll just have to pound down a couple and ponder that...
Old 05-31-2018, 03:47 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Hey, way...here's another 'binder for ya!

Old 05-31-2018, 03:57 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Hey, way...here's another 'binder for ya!

that looks like something the Husker Boys would drive up and down the streets out there in Cornville, and try to sell ears of corn similar to the Good Humor Ice cream trucks in more populous areas like real cities across the USA......................

just my humble opinion.......................
Old 05-31-2018, 04:14 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Just got done cleaning up little chit. Tried out this new formula from Meguiar’s that offers maximum polymer protection in the convenience of an aerosol spray.

This stuff is awesome, I don't ever see using anything else. So easy even a widebody GS'r could do it without working up a sweat...

And as a bonus it's under $12.00 on Amazon.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 05-31-2018 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I use the regular spray version of that stuff, but dropping off the csr for paint correction and ceramic Monday so I don't have to anymore. Just good ol filtered water.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:08 PM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step in getting better.

I have a problem.

I didn't do the full detail on the car for our club's show because I wasn't there. That and it was up on stands waiting for the Brake kit to come in. So last weekend, I took full advantage of the extra day to do the full cleaning wash, clay bar, chip touch up paint, polish and then paint sealant. So yesterday I thought that I didn't get the front valance completely wiped so I went down to take care of that.

Remembered that I wanted to address the roof squeak. Did that. Looked and the smudges I put on it taking off the top and putting back on. Need to take care of that then I thought about a coat of wax. Nah. Which pads on the buffer, I like the small one for the rear hatch not the big one. But hey, I have the hand applicator right here and the Buttery Wax is easy.

Next thing I know, I'm covered in sweat after doing a full wax, by hand then buffing it off.

I need help

The Wheels could use something and then tires need to be dressed.

Last edited by dshamrick; 05-31-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:17 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dshamrick
They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step in getting better.

I have a problem.

I didn't do the full detail on the car for our club's show because I wasn't there. That and it was up on stands waiting for the Brake kit to come in. So last weekend, I took full advantage of the extra day to do the full cleaning wash, clay bar, chip touch up paint, polish and then paint sealant. So yesterday I thought that I didn't get the front valance completely wiped so I went down to take care of that.

Remembered that I wanted to address the roof squeak. Did that. Looked and the smudges I put on it taking off the top and putting back on. Need to take care of that then I thought about a coat of wax. Nah. Which pads on the buffer, I like the small one for the rear hatch not the big one. But hey, I have the hand applicator right here and the Buttery Wax is easy.

Next thing I know, I'm covered in sweat after doing a full wax, by hand then buffing it off.

I need help

The Wheels could use something and then tires need to be dressed.
That's the exact reason why I ceramic every car now, I hate doing that ****. That's time to be spent driving it.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:45 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,969 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

...I snipped my own with a kit I got on the internet.......worked well I think....may have got carried away......but the mirror kept falling.......

What the hell is ceramic.....? do they have to bake the car in the car oven? also what is a paint correction......who messed it up......I have a lot of questions.......

Hell all I use is Chadwick's Triple play....... easy and the car shines like a diamond and the chrome is so bright it is like neon..... glows in the dark kinda...... spray on wipe off and be amazed...... I amaze myself quite often.....just ask my wife......

Did you read about my close encounter with a new hard top Meeaaataaa Big R? I almost kinda liked it...... the hard top roof stores away like on a 57 Ford Fairlane with the retractable top...... most impressive.......

got to go practice my launches now in my race car......... oh yeah.....
Old 05-31-2018, 06:59 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskerman
...I snipped my own with a kit I got on the internet.......worked well I think....may have got carried away......but the mirror kept falling.......

What the hell is ceramic.....? do they have to bake the car in the car oven? also what is a paint correction......who messed it up......I have a lot of questions.......

Hell all I use is Chadwick's Triple play....... easy and the car shines like a diamond and the chrome is so bright it is like neon..... glows in the dark kinda...... spray on wipe off and be amazed...... I amaze myself quite often.....just ask my wife......

Did you read about my close encounter with a new hard top Meeaaataaa Big R? I almost kinda liked it...... the hard top roof stores away like on a 57 Ford Fairlane with the retractable top...... most impressive.......

I did read that, forgot to comment...

Yes, it's the RF Miata (retractable fastback) kinda reminds me of a C3 in it's styling.

Sounds like the new 19 Miatas getting a few more ponies. From 155 all the way to 185....
Old 05-31-2018, 07:13 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Huskerman

Yes, it's a silica based paint sealant that is heat cured to the surface. Makes stuff like tar and honey bead on the surface, at least the good systems do. And they last 7-10s for a good system. I'm dropping mine monday. I'll show the before and after
Old 05-31-2018, 09:35 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
Yes, it's a silica based paint sealant that is heat cured to the surface. Makes stuff like tar and honey bead on the surface, at least the good systems do. And they last 7-10s for a good system. I'm dropping mine monday. I'll show the before and after
don't let H1 kid you Shaolin...………….

he saw my red rocket last summer out in the Black Hills of SD.....

did the paint correction (polishing to remove any "defects") and then applied Adam's Ceramic Coating to the paint and trim about a year ago now………..

stays very clean and shiny, and it is much easier to keep it clean..

only washed it with water twice in the last year...………

use "Waterless Wash" spray and some microfibers and it can be done in about 30 minutes tops...………..

here's a picture of the trip to SD...…………….

Last edited by rkj427; 05-31-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:48 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by rkj427
don't let H1 kid you Shaolin...………….

he saw my red rocket last summer out in the Black Hills of SD.....

did the paint correction (polishing to remove any "defects") and then applied Adam's Ceramic Coating to the paint and trim about a year ago now………..

stays very clean and shiny, and it is much easier to keep it clean..

only washed it with water twice in the last year...………

use "Waterless Wash" spray and some microfibers and it can be done in about 30 minutes tops...………..

here's a picture of the trip to SD...…………….

Car looks great, I just use filtered water, and let air dry. Never touch the surface
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Just got done cleaning up little chit. Tried out this new formula from Meguiar’s that offers maximum polymer protection in the convenience of an aerosol spray.

This stuff is awesome, I don't ever see using anything else. So easy even a widebody GS'r could do it without working up a sweat...

And as a bonus it's under $12.00 on Amazon.

Sorry, but I can work up a sweat just thinking about working up a sweat. I would sweat when applying that stuff when it was 60 degrees and I was in the shade, with a 20 mph breeze.....
Old 05-31-2018, 10:01 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...I just use filtered water...
Me, too, craneman. Up here in WA we get about 3 feet of rain per year so I filter all the water coming off the roof (down the downspout...once I get the itsy bitsy spider out) with cheese cloth and wash my car with that. I think my cheese cloth is medium cheddar. I tried limburger cheese cloth and it made the car stink. Oh, well.
Move along folks, nothing to see here...

Old 05-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

I finally got around to mounting my sideskirts

I did not get my mud flaps mounted because this is how they showed up, after 3 passes of wet sanding amd buffing them I could still ser thr blemishes and they're going back. I do kinda like the look without the flaps though.

Last edited by Shaolin Crane; 05-31-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 06-01-2018, 08:05 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

I finally got around to mounting my sideskirts

I did not get my mud flaps mounted because this is how they showed up, after 3 passes of wet sanding amd buffing them I could still ser thr blemishes and they're going back. I do kinda like the look without the flaps though.
looks real nice Shaolin..................
even without the mud flaps, the side skirts alone will keep stones ane debris from flying up and potentially damaging the paint on the rear quarters in the vent area..........

Ruxxy, that last picture you posted kind of looked like the GS'ers that were running the Nebraska 1/2 Mile last summer trying to keep up with the baser car that ran away from at least H1.........

if I recall correctly, the patron's here from the great state of WA were going to a show event this upcoming weekend..........

those of us not there have one request.................

pictures or it didn't happen.................

have a great start to your day Hamsters...................
Old 06-01-2018, 08:28 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,831 Likes on 1,969 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I do have to admit that Rocketman's 427 is one fine piece of an all American car...... nothing I don't like about it....... and Shao has a GS that is all about wide pride.... love that car also.....Free Pappy's in the upstairs bar and an hour in the Tranquility room..... on the house....

the anticipated Father Son mega race will not happen this year..... I believe both are heading to a Family reunion.....this weekend and will not attend the Shootout....nuts..... I do not know that Jr's car was ready anyway..... he is waiting for a tune.......

gotta go now...... keep the peace my brothers......
Old 06-01-2018, 08:55 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

H1 you still attending the big event................

hopefully you will represent the GS'ers and Hammy's crowd well if you do..........

last I saw Jr. was having issues with hood and plumbing, and then possibly injectors and tune..............

here's hoping he gets his black beauty all together before it is time to put it away again................

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill