C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 01:41 AM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Took this to heart and went to the drive in movies last night. Saw the new Jurassic Park and Incredibles 2 movies. When we got back to our room we discovered a wonderful surprise that had followed us home!

It was a lovely pair of classic outdoor movie theater speakers, imagine our surprise! But wait, it gets even better! At breakfast the next day, we were sharing the story of our good fortune with a fellow who turned out to be quite interested in the new speakers. I had no intentions whatsoever of selling them, but the guy was so insistent on paying top dollar for them. First he offered $250 for them! I politely said no thanks. He then offered me $500, but I said, sorry no. He thot for a few moments, then blurted out $500 each! A bit shocked, I said nope, I'm just not interested. He then took a huge breath and said $1000 …. a piece! I replied with the answer, SOLD!!!! He began jumping up and down like a little boy needing to go potty! As we were going out to my phine, phat n phast GS, I noticed he walked across the parking lot to his base model and got his wallet. It all became vividly clear, but wondered why, so I inquired of him why he would pay so much for old unrestored speakers? He began snickering to the point he could hardly speak. When he calmed down enough to talk, barely, he told me in a lowered voice, those speakers were very very special. They are I asked? Yep he said proudly, them speakers are blue tooth. No way, not possible I said. He nodded his head knowingly and proudly and said sure nuff! Wireless Bluetooth with back up wires in case the blue tooth goes dead! I couldn't take any more of this nonsense and drove home! Now you know to this day why basers are relegated to the basement at Hammies! Sad, yes even pathetic, but true! In my review mirror I could see him in his tin foil hat holding the speakers to his ears rocking out! And that's how I first met rkj427.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:02 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by teebee
Got the pictures, rkj! Thanks! There were a lot of them looking at the butt of that AO slim body!
Tom, some were camera, and others taken with phone by Ms. 427...……………. too bad we were "boxed in" by the slow moving GS'ers holding up the front, and dragging on the rear...…

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I got them also...Thanks Robert, got a chance to look at a few but not all yet.

Thanks for sharing

Well, colon resection surgery was set for July 11th but they called and moved it to August now.

They need to put some sort of fluorescent stents or something like that up to the kidneys and the urologist will be on vacation..
So I get a month reprieve...
have more to send too...…………………….. Google photos won't allow me to share any more until some of the other's open the links via email and look at them...…….

waiting on a few left coasters, AZ, and TX Hammy brothers...…………..

Let me check, I think I have an email for him.
maybe H1 can PM it if he decides to go "public"...………….. will post some here to entice him...……….
Old 07-01-2018, 10:15 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,611 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...They need to put some sort of fluorescent stents or something like that up to the kidneys...
I'm not even going to ask how they place the glow in the dark stents...
Good luck with your future issues. I wish you well.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:57 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

these are for those who didn't receive them via email...…………….

showed every generation here...………………..

The following users liked this post:
teebee (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:05 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

The following 2 users liked this post by rkj427:
Huskerman (07-01-2018), teebee (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 AM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 535 Likes on 285 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by ruxvette
The same way they go after kidney stones, is my guess.....it ain't a lot of fun (been there, done that).

rkj, sent you a PM with H1s email address.
rkj427 (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 11:29 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

received it, and replied back...……………….. thank you!
Old 07-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

The same way they go after kidney stones, is my guess.....it ain't a lot of fun (been there, done that).

rkj, sent you a PM with H1s email address.
Sounds like the same way they fix a bladder tear, which was only marginally worse than having a vasectomy at the same time.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:49 PM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks for sharing

Well, colon resection surgery was set for July 11th but they called and moved it to August now.

They need to put some sort of fluorescent stents or something like that up to the kidneys and the urologist will be on vacation..
R&L, Strongly recommend that once you have them placed, you stay close to home. The constant "urge" is unpleasant but not unbearable. They go in through the front and come out the same way. My wife is a retired nurse and even she had a"Holy S***" comment when one was pulled out. you'll do fine. Maybe a good time to put a coat of wax on Lil' Chit to take your mind off things.

Scott
Old 07-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Does anyone else notice passive aggressive ******* with their cars when they drive them? I swear every time I drive mine things that NEVER happen in my truck seem to happen to the vette, every time.

This morning I had breakfast with my brother about 7am, parked a sufficient ways from other spots but not obnoxious cause it was early, come outside to find my fresh wash job has had dust blown all over it by the gardeners, not a single other car had dust on it nor was I parked ANYWHERE near the yard portion of the parking lot but they seemed to "need" to leaf blow that part of the lot.

Last week I left the gym and I found 10 flyers from the same place the entire length of the windshield when other cars had one.

I go to the gym around 11pm om Saturdays cause it's usually empty. Always park in the back spot because it's the gym and I like walking to come out to an empty lot with the only other car parked about an inch away from mine.

There's more examples but I think that paints the picture, anyone else notice **** like this or is it karmic response from the universe for being an *******?
Old 07-01-2018, 01:09 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Happens all the time around here. Want to switch lanes so turn on signal and car in other lane speeds up to close the gap. Don't notice it in my wife's car.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:31 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Car Show Pictures

Thanks Robert, nice job. Just got mine this morning, think i opened all of them. Hope that helps. Just put on Chrome browser the IE is sucking these days. Solved the posting videos problem for me too since the CF videos posting wouldn't work right after the changes they made.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 07-01-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:10 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 535 Likes on 285 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
Does anyone else notice passive aggressive ******* with their cars when they drive them? I swear every time I drive mine things that NEVER happen in my truck seem to happen to the vette, every time.

This morning I had breakfast with my brother about 7am, parked a sufficient ways from other spots but not obnoxious cause it was early, come outside to find my fresh wash job has had dust blown all over it by the gardeners, not a single other car had dust on it nor was I parked ANYWHERE near the yard portion of the parking lot but they seemed to "need" to leaf blow that part of the lot.

Last week I left the gym and I found 10 flyers from the same place the entire length of the windshield when other cars had one.

I go to the gym around 11pm om Saturdays cause it's usually empty. Always park in the back spot because it's the gym and I like walking to come out to an empty lot with the only other car parked about an inch away from mine.

There's more examples but I think that paints the picture, anyone else notice **** like this or is it karmic response from the universe for being an *******?
Yup happens all the time..

Old 07-01-2018, 03:48 PM
dshamrick
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 147 Posts

Thanks for sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2gA...ature=youtu.be

Why the heck can't I embed a video anymore????

Last edited by dshamrick; 07-01-2018 at 03:51 PM.
R&L's C6 (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,956 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Big R.....only the best to you in your healing time......... I like the idea of keeping busy......but waxing Lil Chit is only going to burn up about about 5 minutes.......so maybe something else....like picking the fly chit out of some pepper.......

Shao...its a fact of life man.....its the great unwashed way of getting even with us who have worked so hard to have what we have..........

What is this email of which you speak......? Just send it in a real letter in the real mail.......

A young Doctor in town and his wife came over to show me his new 2002 Firebird WS 6 that he just bought. Bright red and clean as the day it was born almost. 6M with a stock Hurst shifter and an LS1 in it. He took me for a ride and Its a fun car......plus its got a small back seat for his small kids to sit. It was the car of his dreams back when he was a kid and now he can afford to get one. Very cool.....

We are sorry to interrupt this post with a nap.....please stay tuned........

Last edited by Huskerman; 07-01-2018 at 05:29 PM.
teebee (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 05:31 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,796 Likes on 1,956 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Oh yeah......great pics Rocky......I love the one of the GS'er down working on his chromy's so they look just right...... get that man a beer and a shot....... he da man......

I gotta find me a white ZR 1..... daayum...........

Last edited by Huskerman; 07-01-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:45 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Lets just say they use an existing hole.....

Originally Posted by scott1094
R&L, Strongly recommend that once you have them placed, you stay close to home. The constant "urge" is unpleasant but not unbearable. They go in through the front and come out the same way. My wife is a retired nurse and even she had a"Holy S***" comment when one was pulled out. you'll do fine. Maybe a good time to put a coat of wax on Lil' Chit to take your mind off things.

Scott
By the sounds of it they put the stents in while you're under and take them out when the colon surgery is over, while you're still under. They do the resection laparoscopically so the way I understand it the stents are some sort of precaution so the don't cut something they shouldn't. Sounds like I'll get a catheter for the first day or so until I'm up and walking around. Really not looking forward to all this crap, but, it is what it is.

Last edited by R&L's C6; 07-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.
teebee (07-01-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 07-01-2018, 06:40 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
Thanks for the invite, Ruxy, I see how it is or isn't!
You didn't get my smoke signal?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:47 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by scott1094
...Maybe a good time to put a coat of wax on Lil' Chit to take your mind off things...Scott
Will that help the stents go in easier? Oh, wait...you mean wax his lil chit, not his lil rascal. Gottcha...
Old 07-01-2018, 09:39 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,651 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Lets just say they use an existing hole.....

By the sounds of it they put the stents in while you're under and take them out when the colon surgery is over, while you're still under. They do the resection laparoscopically so the way I understand it the stents are some sort of precaution so the don't cut something they shouldn't. Sounds like I'll get a catheter for the first day or so until I'm up and walking around. Really not looking forward to all this crap, but, it is what it is.
Best wishes with the surgery. The stents going in sounds like what I had done last year prior to my gall bladder removal.

Getting old evidently isn't for sissies. I can't complain much as it was the first time I have ever been in the hospital, at 58, and I was able to do all three procedures as outpatient.

Last edited by BadAV; 07-01-2018 at 09:39 PM.
R&L's C6 (07-02-2018)

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill