C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 07-16-2018, 07:33 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,931 Likes on 2,463 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by duckvett
Thanks RJ. When I decided to enter this photo in the C6 contest, I also decided I would not lobby for votes. I wanted people to vote on the merits of the car AND the photo. Obviously, lots of people liked the photo and voted for it. That's what I hoped for. I also took some verbal abuse, mostly for having the audacity to enter a "stock appearing" Corvette in the contest
All of the Corvettes chosen as finalists are worthy of winning and I congratulate everyone involved.
Thanks to all those who voted for me.

Those were my thoughts too...……………………. the car AND the PHOTO including a cool background scene...………….

a photo contest should be about the contents in the TOTAL photo...…………… more than just a car...……….

I think that Hoxxy's wheel pulled baser car picture is great, Ruxxy's desert scene is great, waybacks pictures of his black highlights all over his car are cool...………. something with substance!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:02 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

"DUI Interrogation"

Last night I was at a party and had a beer or two, but wasn’t even dizzy, let alone drunk.

After the party I got into my car and two minutes later noticed flashing lights in my rearview mirror.
I slowed down, pulled over, got my documents ready, and rolled down my window.

A cop walks over and says the usual
– Good evening Sir, can I see your license and registration?
Have you had anything to drink tonight?

– Evening officer.
I was just on my way home from a party and did have two beers, but nothing more than that.

– Hmmmm, two beers?
That’s it? You sure you didn’t have a few more drinks?

Let me ask you something.

Let’s say that you are in an dark street and you see two lights coming towards you. What do you think that is?
– I suppose that would be a car.

– Yes, it is a car, but what kind of car: a Mercedes, an Audi or a Ford?
– No idea, the street is dark. No way I could tell the car make!

– Alright, let me ask you something else. Same street, but this time you see only one light. What would that be?
– I presume a motorcycle.

– Yes, that’s right but what kind of a motorcycle: a Honda, a Kawasaki or a Harley Davidson?
– No idea officer.

– Hmmm, I think you had a bit too much to drink.
Can you please step out of the vehicle?

– Sure, but let me ask you one question officer.

You’re driving down a dark alley and see a woman wearing a mini skirt, fishnet stockings, and high heels.
Who is she?

– She’s obviously a prostitute.

– Yes, she is, but is she your mother, your sister or your daughter?

Needless to say, I was immediately charged with drunk driving and taken downtown for processing.
But I wasn’t drunk, I swear.

Last edited by rkj427; 07-16-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:24 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

How in the heck are you guys posting pictures with comments before (on top of) the picture? Every time I insert a picture it automatically goes to the top of my post with my comment on the bottom of the picture.

Why the heck did they go an muck everything up with this new format...
Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I think I figured it out...

The big hoopla over at the Miata forum is the addition of a backup camera on the 2019s and the disdain for where they put it and how it looks.

Someone started a thread on how to camouflage it, here's my favorite.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

I use the square with the mountains on it to insert any pictures. Typically have picture saved on desktop as a jpeg file. Did it here if it works it will be below the words.
The following users liked this post:
R&L's C6 (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 09:32 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's on my wife would like.....

Old 07-16-2018, 10:36 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

maybe YOU can start a new bumper sticker thread with the camera the main focal point or objective...………

may get a lot of interesting responses from the Corvette forum too...…………….
Old 07-17-2018, 08:35 AM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 534 Likes on 284 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

H1 sent me this picture, claiming it is of a baser sleeping in....not so sure it's a baser....

More wide-bodied, too much to drink....IMO
Old 07-17-2018, 09:10 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

with the Amazon cabinet in the foreground, and knowing H1 was heading to Seattle..............

wondering if that may be an Amazon executive (GS'er type) residing with the rest of the homeless in Seattle.........

wondering if the prior pictures of "tailgating" in the '56 means the H1's are saving on hotel rooms and really roughing it.......
Old 07-17-2018, 10:07 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,332 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
...Someone started a thread on how to camouflage it, here's my favorite.
I had an owner operator pulling flatbeds and, on his headache rack behind the cab, painted a life size jackass at a 3/4 hind view with head turned to look back. In the jacks *** he mounted a red light that came on brighter when he hit the brakes. It was, ahem, eye catching.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:18 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by teebee
H1 sent me this picture, claiming it is of a baser sleeping in....not so sure it's a baser....More wide-bodied, too much to drink....IMO
Nah, he's in Seattle. Guy has probably just left a safe shoot up heroin site. You know, like giving blood...they furnish the needles, a safe room to lie back and shoot, a glass of orange juice and a "good job" pat on the back when you are finished. Oh, and a counselor if you care to speak to one (I bet they are underworked). And if that sounds a little wacky (no pun intended) there is a Seattle city council member that is suggesting the city furnish the heroin. Make sure when you overdose you overdose on some really good ****...not some cheesemo stuff. True story. You can't make this crap up!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Ok, boys and girls, I'm on a roll. Here's another item that chaps my ***:
A 24 year old and his mother walk into a national-chain car dealership. The son buys a car (his money) but, because he doesn't have a driver license, the dealership hands the keys to mom and she drives the car off the lot. Perfect. The dealership acted properly, right? A year later...one fricken year later...the son, still without a driver license, hits a pedestrian in a crosswalk and the pedestrian suffers catastrophic brain damage.
Question, boys and girls: who is a fault or, more the American way, who should pay (and someone should...must.)?
A. The son driving the car? Bzzzt! Wrong, the kid has no money.
B. The mom? Bzzzt! Wrong, mom doesn't have enough money.
C. The dealership? Bingo, we have a winner (and deep pockets).
Even though the dealership acted completely within the boundaries of the law, and the accident happened a year after purchase, the dealership pays $5.5 million.
The pedestrians family was devastated. I get that. They will have a huge financial burden going forward. I get that.
But the dealership??? I don't get that.
OK, I'm done.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:56 AM
OregonMike
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

^ that one doesn't make any sense on any level besides the point that the dealer has deeper pockets
Old 07-17-2018, 11:14 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Ok, boys and girls, I'm on a roll. Here's another item that chaps my ***:
A 24 year old and his mother walk into a national-chain car dealership. The son buys a car (his money) but, because he doesn't have a driver license, the dealership hands the keys to mom and she drives the car off the lot. Perfect. The dealership acted properly, right? A year later...one fricken year later...the son, still without a driver license, hits a pedestrian in a crosswalk and the pedestrian suffers catastrophic brain damage.
Question, boys and girls: who is a fault or, more the American way, who should pay (and someone should...must.)?
A. The son driving the car? Bzzzt! Wrong, the kid has no money.
B. The mom? Bzzzt! Wrong, mom doesn't have enough money.
C. The dealership? Bingo, we have a winner (and deep pockets).
Even though the dealership acted completely within the boundaries of the law, and the accident happened a year after purchase, the dealership pays $5.5 million.
The pedestrians family was devastated. I get that. They will have a huge financial burden going forward. I get that.
But the dealership??? I don't get that.
OK, I'm done.
Not unlike the people who got shot by the nutcase at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas suing the hotel. Somehow the hotel is responsible for the actions of it's guest.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,784 Likes on 1,949 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Just follow the money.......and the lawyers..... Not doing much this morning....went downtown to tour the Amazon dynasty ..... they own about 7 or more very tall buildings downtown and employ like 30K folks to fill them up..... Went to the Spheres that the Zon built....look like 3 glass golf ***** side by side..... this is just a place for the workers to get away from the stress of the work day and get Green..... its like a big greenhouse with a fern wall and fish tanks and plants all over......very cool.....pics at 11........

Meeting the Ruxmeister and his bride for lunch so better start getting ready...... we will take the Fiddysix which we have decided to call....Old Nell....... more later from this epic west coast board meeting.....so stay tuned......
Old 07-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Same thing happened to me pretty much. I was 19 and got into a rain related accident. Driver pushed the yellow to a red and ran the light. I was driving my new to me PowerStroke Crew Cab Dually, hit the brake which did nothing on the damp asphalt. Slid into a VW bug head on in the opposite turn lane. Officers made no report, hardly questioned anyone, only thing they did was issue me a no proof of insurance ticket cause the email from AAA "wasn't valid as proof" as such I was determined at fault.

Fast forward a month and I get sued for 1.9 million for the injures to the passengers of the car. When they found out I was just 19 and the max payout my insurance would allow was 500k, they went after my old man. My truck, my policy, my money. Took 6 months for the AAA lawyers to get him dropped from the case. They even tried to go after the previous owner of the truck too.

AAA eventually hired private detectives and found they were faking, but still made a settlement pay out. They unfortunately didn't disclose how much.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:16 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,881 Likes on 1,904 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by teebee
H1 sent me this picture, claiming it is of a baser sleeping in....not so sure it's a baser....

More wide-bodied, too much to drink....IMO
That H1 is always the gentleman....letting his better half have the bed in the back of tha cheby.

And here he is shopping for lunch with his fellow GSer.

Always trying to be helpful, and he's a very thrifty feller, to put it nicely.

Last edited by wayback; 07-17-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 07-17-2018, 04:01 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Congratulations to duckvette for winning C6 of the year....

I noticed both C6 and C7 of the year winners had chrome wheels...
Old 07-17-2018, 05:35 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Meeting the Ruxmeister and his bride for lunch so better start getting ready...... we will take the Fiddysix which we have decided to call....Old Nell....... more later from this epic west coast board meeting.....so stay tuned......
Just curious if this "epic west coast bored meeting" could also be called The GS'er Meeting of the Mindless...………….

seein' H1 had to go through Colorado, and then has been hanging out in the state of Washington...………. both seem to be pot head friendly and just wondered if that may have clouded his senses

just askin'...………….

waiting for the pictures too...……………… all that tech savvy talent out there on the left coast should be able to assist...…………….
Old 07-17-2018, 06:21 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by wayback
...he's a very thrifty feller, to put it nicely.
Thrifty? The sum bitch is cheap beyond belief. He not only dumped all our bread in the lovely mrsH1's purse he took the bread, napkins, and silverware from adjoining tables. Said it's a long haul to York.

Last edited by ruxvette; 07-17-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill