C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 11:21 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

OK, Randy I need to send you an email sometime tomorrow related to the MX5 there...................... just wanted to give you a heads up..........

now for my story about the events today here........................... went to Flint, earlier I said flying solo, but that didn't happen................

being a typical baser, I went with about $6.00 cash, and cards in my wallet if I needed them for anything................ did not plan to enter any judged segment, just park and walk around................ that way I could have left at anytime, as the weather forecast for the late afternoon wasn't good.......

Ms. 427 went along, I met another couple from our club and we drove in together and parked next to one another................... there car was being judged, and the judges came over, started on theirs, and told me I needed to enter the event........... so Ms. 427 begrudgingly reached into her purse, pulled out $25.00 and went and registered me for the event, while used Waterless Wash and wiped mine clean, as I drove through mist and fog to get there...................

judges came about an hour or so later, than I was able to walk around and take the pictures, see other cars, and grab some lunch...................

awards were at 3, figured I would do OK as may complimented, took pictures of, and I put some kids in again for pictures.................... they give awards for the Top 75, no special order, just the best judged from the 700 there..................

while sitting behind it, our group saw what appeared to be team of of 3 judges driving around all of the Corvettes, but making a second stop near mine................

ended up getting a Top 75, but also a special Memorial Award from the widow of Samuel Hearns, who was instrumental and a major figure in the Corvette family and events in the Genesee County of Michigan.................. she just stated that my car was stunning, and blew them away with how it looked

these are the car, and awards I came back with.............................. almost forgot........................ had to stop at the ATM to give Ms. 427 her money back too...................

The following 3 users liked this post by rkj427:
Huskerman (08-19-2018), OregonMike (08-19-2018), teebee (08-19-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Great looking stuff, 427man. That '63 with 564,000 miles!!! WOW.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:55 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by rkj427

It IS stunning, my topless, wide body brother!
The following users liked this post:
rkj427 (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 07:31 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,672 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by ruxvette
It IS stunning, my topless, wide body brother!
Nah, put black wheels on it and it would be stunning.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:44 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

The teacher asked the class to use the word “fascinate” in a sentence.

Molly put up her hand and said, “My family went to my granddad's farm, and we all saw his pet sheep. It was fascinating."

The teacher said, “That was good, but I wanted you to use the word ‘fascinate,’ not 'fascinating'.”

Sally raised her hand. She said, “My family went to see Rock City and I was fascinated.”

The teacher said, “Well, that was good Sally, but I wanted you to use the word ‘fascinate’.”

Little Johnny raised his hand, but the teacher hesitated because she had been burned by Little Johnny before.

She finally decided there was no way he could damage the word “fascinate,” so she called on him.

Johnny said, “My aunt Carolyn has a sweater with ten buttons, but her ***** are so big she can only fasten eight!”

The teacher sat down and cried.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:25 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by BadAV
Nah, put black wheels on it and it would be stunning.

Looks great Rocket man. Looks like a great time.
Congrats on your unplanned wins.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

I finally saw a C7 ZR1 in person driving around, holy **** that thing is sexy.

Thanks for posting the show pics since i hate people too much to actually go to car shows anymore.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:57 PM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

Received 199 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by rkj427
The teacher asked the class to use the word “fascinate” in a sentence.

Molly put up her hand and said, “My family went to my granddad's farm, and we all saw his pet sheep. It was fascinating."

The teacher said, “That was good, but I wanted you to use the word ‘fascinate,’ not 'fascinating'.”

Sally raised her hand. She said, “My family went to see Rock City and I was fascinated.”

The teacher said, “Well, that was good Sally, but I wanted you to use the word ‘fascinate’.”

Little Johnny raised his hand, but the teacher hesitated because she had been burned by Little Johnny before.

She finally decided there was no way he could damage the word “fascinate,” so she called on him.

Johnny said, “My aunt Carolyn has a sweater with ten buttons, but her ***** are so big she can only fasten eight!”

The teacher sat down and cried.
Hi Robert, you got Linda with this one. I think she looks forward to the forum as much as I do now. Congrats, on the win in Flint. Having seen the Red Rocket in person I can appreciate why the judges selected you. Some of those items are subtle but really make the car stand out.

Scott
Old 08-19-2018, 01:07 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks to all who have made comments!

Hope they kind of let you experience the events without actually attending. And all were taken with phone, so some may not be the greatest quality.

I also uploaded them to Google, and sent the email links to the regular's here who have soon other event photos in the past.

Scott, it was a great event yesterday, just way too much walking around.

Thinking that some of us here may start to investigate a "group buy" on some motorized scooters........................ could look for sleek and fast like a base car, or wide bodied versions like a GS'er depending upon individual wants or needs.

Maybe later today I can drive up the road to Armada, MI to go the fair there??????????? Should be able to get some tractor and truck pictures for my GS'er friends who are in the field and crop business...................
Old 08-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,826 Likes on 1,968 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Congrates Rocketman.........you have brought honor to Hammy's...B&G..... Your car is beautiful........ good baser trick going without cash and having to borrow money so you can win big....... I don't think the black wheels will give the car the pop the chrome one's do........ I also liked the half million mile black 63... love those louvers in the hood.....I always though I would like to do that but never could find any back when I had my 63. Baby Moons....... gotta love it......

Great Fiddysix Bel Air wagon....... Surf board makes it....... so many cool cars I would like to have and so little money....... those big Caddy's are beyond cool...... thanks for the Sunday pic show....

What is this polish and seal that you do....... do you think that would make my BS GS more shiny? Silver is hard to get looking a foot deep......I like it because it does not show dirt or dust much but when up against Red it doesn't have a chance...... Red cars always win........
Old 08-19-2018, 01:53 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,672 Likes on 1,699 Posts

The brake job is done on the daughter's car, the tools are cleaned and put away, and the garage floor is cleaned and swept. Discs front, drums rear. Wheel cylinders were leaking so they were replaced. Drums were good, just had to wire brush them, clean them up, and scuff up the braking surface. Murphy was in force; the fitting was frozen to one of the hard lines to the wheel cylinder so it started twisting off. PB Blaster and Liquid Wrench didn't help so off to the parts store to try to find something that would work. 2nd trip required to get an adapter fitting for the end opposite the wheel cylinder. New rotors for the front; the fronts went without a hitch this morning. God do I hate working on drum brakes.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:05 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Congrates Rocketman.........you have brought honor to Hammy's...B&G..... Your car is beautiful........ good baser trick going without cash and having to borrow money so you can win big....... I don't think the black wheels will give the car the pop the chrome one's do........ I also liked the half million mile black 63... love those louvers in the hood.....I always though I would like to do that but never could find any back when I had my 63. Baby Moons....... gotta love it......

Great Fiddysix Bel Air wagon....... Surf board makes it....... so many cool cars I would like to have and so little money....... those big Caddy's are beyond cool...... thanks for the Sunday pic show....

What is this polish and seal that you do....... do you think that would make my BS GS more shiny? Silver is hard to get looking a foot deep......I like it because it does not show dirt or dust much but when up against Red it doesn't have a chance...... Red cars always win........

I can work with you and get the BS GS very shiny and add depth to the paint, and you are correct, silver is hard to accomplish this too. I can PM or text, or email you info. and get you the right stuff. Teebee would be able to help you out, he has posted pics. here of his car here and it looks great too.

Had a Sebring Silver C4 Collector Edition and made it look good enough to show at events here. Picture below of it.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:27 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Nahh..... I just want you to come out and make it shiny yourself....... we can go look at corn and eat Nebraska corn fed beef and talk cars and stuff....... lots of corn on the cob also....... j/k.....love to have you guys out but know you are busy....... and you would also have to bring out the Big Tomato in a trailer now that it wins all those awards.....

Still raining...... keep on raining....... love it when it rains....... hahahaahahaaahah.........

Nice C4 by the way..........

Last edited by Huskerman; 08-19-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:38 PM
wayback
Team Owner

H1 there is one surefire product to make BS look great............paint.......your choice of red or Arctic White.

Had rain all around us last evening but none here. Just hot and humid, 101 at the start of the Cowboy/Bengal game at 7:30. Can't wait till fall gets here and we cool down to the 90s.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by wayback
H1 there is one surefire product to make BS look great............paint.......your choice of red or Arctic White.

ahahaaahahahahha...... Bwahahahaahahahah.......its raining.......its raining........... more whisky ........ hahahahaha.........
Old 08-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

I do know that the Fiddysix has Arctic White on it......... but no blackhole wheels........ just saying........ so we kinda match.......
Old 08-19-2018, 05:04 PM
wayback
Team Owner

ahahaaahahahahha...... Bwahahahaahahahah.......its raining.......its raining........... more whisky ........ hahahahaha.........
That is another way to make it look better. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. JK.

I like BS with a black top and targa.
When shopping for a C6 in 05 I had narrowed it down to a triple silver vert 2lt or a V Red Cashmere 3lt coupe.....Both for the same money. Came close to getting the silver vert but the VR 6sp mn won.
If the vert had ebony interior who knows.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 08-19-2018, 07:10 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Nahh..... I just want you to come out and make it shiny yourself....... we can go look at corn and eat Nebraska corn fed beef and talk cars and stuff....... lots of corn on the cob also....... j/k.....love to have you guys out but know you are busy....... and you would also have to bring out the Big Tomato in a trailer now that it wins all those awards.....

Still raining...... keep on raining....... love it when it rains....... hahahaahahaaahah.........

Nice C4 by the way..........
H1, thought about making a trip to the heartland...………….. could send Ms. 427 and Mrs. H1 out to pull weeds in the fields while the guys hung out in the garage and worked the shine magic on your BS GS and possibly Fiddy Six too...…………..

have a lot of vacation days at work scheduled for October and November………………… Red Rocket would more than likely not make that trip...…………..

just wonderin'...…………. any cities in that state large enough to have an airport...……..
Old 08-19-2018, 09:13 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Nahh...I just want you to come out and make it shiny yourself...
Good luck with that. I offered all the mystery meat messcan tacos he could eat if he did mine.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:22 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Good luck with that. I offered all the mystery meat messcan tacos he could eat if he did mine.
the problem was the mystery meat...…………………… never saw anything like that before, and hope to never see it again...…….

could put that on the agenda if the Supersonic Blue topless wide bodied roadster is available in the Valley area later this year, or early next...…………

all this gringo would require is water to stay hydrated out in the desert heat...………. been south of the border numerous times..... prefer beef over goats, horse, cat, dog, or whatever that concoction you had made

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill