C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 09-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,956 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

mumble...grumble.....sonsabitches....... what the hell........thanks for the reminder Rocketboy..... if there is any justice left in the universe we will beat the Poodleverines and start the dynasty going again...... hell
Old 09-21-2018, 05:26 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by rkj427
I saw that for your forecast......................... I bet you are wishing winter will arrive, as cooler temps. make for better racing..........

here in Michigan, similar conditions to those mentioned by H1 for the next 10 days........................ I am not complaining, will be good to get rid of the heat and humidity.......

that, and the fall colors are something nice to see each and every year..................
Winter? We don't have no stinkin' Winter. We only have two seasons and we call them Fallspring and Hot. I think there has been a Winter every decade or so, defined as more than 24 hours under 32 F, but it's over with so quickly we didn't realize it had happened.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:57 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Winter? We don't have no stinkin' Winter. We only have two seasons and we call them Fallspring and Hot. I think there has been a Winter every decade or so, defined as more than 24 hours under 32 F, but it's over with so quickly we didn't realize it had happened.
One thing that made me curious about AZ and the weather, how does it seem the Phoenix is about 10 degrees hotter than the Green Valley area? Green Valley is south, and a desert area, yet it seems that even throughout the summer months the temps. varied by about 10 degrees.

Ms. 427 wants to head that way to escape the upcoming winter season here...………………… thinking of giving her a one way ticket, a couple bucks and the phone numbers to those I know who live there...…..

seriously thinking of looking for a place there for when I decide to stop working at current employer and find my true dream job as a Walmart greeter...……
Old 09-21-2018, 06:30 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

A woman went to her psychologist because she was having severe problems with her sex life.

The psychologist asked her many questions but did not seem to be getting a clear picture of her problems.

Finally he asked, “Do you ever watch your husband’s face while you are having sex?”
“Well, yes, I did last time,” she replied.

“How did he look?” the psychologist asked.

“Very angry,” she said.

“We must look into this further.” said the psychologist.

“You say that you have only seen your husband’s face once during sex.

That seems somewhat unusual.

How did it happen that you saw his face that time?”

“He was looking through the window at us,” she answered.

Last edited by rkj427; 09-21-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:40 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Wonder if all the concrete in P. causes the temp diff. I know DFW area is usually hotter than the more rural cities.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:21 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 535 Likes on 285 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

Well, it’s a nice evening wacky weed colorful Colorado. This nice,out of the way place we used to come to 30+ years ago has grown into a freaking mess of people. There has always been a lot of “weird” people out here, but the weirdness has grown dramatically. It’ll be nice to get back to normal people...... in a week.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:37 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

One thing that made me curious about AZ and the weather, how does it seem the Phoenix is about 10 degrees hotter than the Green Valley area? Green Valley is south, and a desert area, yet it seems that even throughout the summer months the temps. varied by about 10 degrees.

Ms. 427 wants to head that way to escape the upcoming winter season here...………………… thinking of giving her a one way ticket, a couple bucks and the phone numbers to those I know who live there...…..

seriously thinking of looking for a place there for when I decide to stop working at current employer and find my true dream job as a Walmart greeter...……
Part of the reason is elevation. The general rule of a 2 F temp drop per 1K' elevation can account for 4 F. (Phx el 1K' vs GV el 3K') Wayback provides the other reason, since the Phx official temp is at the Sky Harbor airport heatsink which is also the bottom of the bowl in the Valley of the Sun. The edges of the bowl are cooler and a little higher too. I'm 300' higher and a couple degrees cooler in Northern Peoria.

You better find a new dream job or forget Green Valley if you want to be a Walmart greeter. Green Valley's population is over 20,000 and made up almost entirely of retirees who are already waiting for the current greeter to die. Maybe think about a drivetrain consultant for the local mine's heavy equipment. BTW, according to Wiki "Green Valley is an unincorporated retirement community composed of 59 Homeowner Associations.", and I know how much you like them,
Old 09-22-2018, 07:24 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,651 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Part of the reason is elevation. The general rule of a 2 F temp drop per 1K' elevation can account for 4 F. (Phx el 1K' vs GV el 3K') Wayback provides the other reason, since the Phx official temp is at the Sky Harbor airport heatsink which is also the bottom of the bowl in the Valley of the Sun. The edges of the bowl are cooler and a little higher too. I'm 300' higher and a couple degrees cooler in Northern Peoria.

You better find a new dream job or forget Green Valley if you want to be a Walmart greeter. Green Valley's population is over 20,000 and made up almost entirely of retirees who are already waiting for the current greeter to die. Maybe think about a drivetrain consultant for the local mine's heavy equipment. BTW, according to Wiki "Green Valley is an unincorporated retirement community composed of 59 Homeowner Associations.", and I know how much you like them,
I don't care for Homeowner Associations either. Just out of curiosity, how is availability of short term condo leases? We are coming to Phoenix for a quick visit at the end if the month. If we like it we may look to spend from mid-January to mid- March in Phoenix once the wife retires.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:41 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BadAV
I don't care for Homeowner Associations either. Just out of curiosity, how is availability of short term condo leases? We are coming to Phoenix for a quick visit at the end if the month. If we like it we may look to spend from mid-January to mid- March in Phoenix once the wife retires.
BadAV, I will let Hoxxy or someone who resides there respond with more complete information...………. but I will say that Ms. 427's sister and brother-in-law do exactly what you are inquiring about annually. They do have a daughter that lives in the Phoenix area year round, so they have her look for something for them prior to their arrival. The last few years, always seem to find someplace north of Phoenix for that time period and fair pricing. I may see them later today and can inquire more about it and send you a PM with that info. tomorrow.

Last edited by rkj427; 09-22-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:12 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Umm did someone forget to tell tha consumers they had a football game today?

Have a feeling Texas Tech will suffer the same fate against Ok state.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:34 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 535 Likes on 285 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

It was a beautiful morning in the Colorado Rockies. I had an 8:08 tee time, but when I got there I was alone and the local guys ahead of me were just a three some, so they asked if wanted to play along with them. Well, the golf was....well, golf. It was kind of cool to start, but turned out really nice. We all peeled the long pants and jackets by the fourth hole. Had a good time even though the golfing could have been better. I know that the altitude got to me some. During the back nine, I got really tired...almost light headed....that’s when the golf went south. On one of the greens, a herd of elk had just walked across, not too very long before we were there, as hoof prints were everywhere and some other ‘signs’. Another hole we walked up on a couple fawns, three wild turkeys (no not the kind in the bottle ) and, I think it was mama doe. None of those were very concerned about us. The things you see on a mountain course.

Came back to the unit, warmed up the left over pizza from last night and within a few minutes I was out for an hour and half. If there is football going on, I know nothing about it here in the world of wacky weed. I do hope all of your teams do well though.....
Old 09-22-2018, 07:13 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by teebee
Came back to the unit, warmed up the left over pizza from last night and within a few minutes I was out for an hour and half. If there is football going on, I know nothing about it here in the world of wacky weed. I do hope all of your teams do well though.....
sounds like you had a fun day out there in the land of endless smoke teebee…………….. I put on a family picnic with siblings, and cousins from maternal and paternal sides, as well as all the kids, and grandkids...……….

left the house about 10AM so no football for me today...…………… I think the Wolverines and Huskers played in Ann Arbor...………

Last edited by rkj427; 09-22-2018 at 07:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
teebee (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 07:42 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

edited the above, as I found an article related to the Nebraska - Michigan game...……………

guessing that since this game ended and the results were not in favor of the Huskers...……. my trip to the west will mean that I will be on my own for any meals...……….

thinking that Wendy's will have to do while on the roadways to Nebraska...………

baser camp running a special on Frosty's for the next year...……….. the chocolate flavor looks to be a deeper shade of brown than khaki…………. just sayin'...………

Old 09-23-2018, 09:52 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

...I think the Wolverines and Huskers played in Ann Arbor...
The Wolverines played. The Huskers didn't.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:59 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Boogity boogity boogity... another track crossed off the list. A dad & Chad race weekend in Richmond.
Time to head home...
Old 09-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,956 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Ruxy went to Richmond? Wow.... where the hell are my khaki pants ? Went to a huge pumpkin patch yesterday in a large village to the east. I did drown my sorrows at the Pie Barn there. a large slice of Bourbon Pecan with homemade ice cream.... it took the edge off the pain but not all of it. I told them just the bourbon and hold the pie but they said they couldn't do that ......

Congrats to the Wolverines on playing a good Big 10 style football game...... while we played a.... aren't we on the plane yet game....... how can guys get to that level of play and then forget how to play....... we suck...... sorry there it is....... been since 45 that we have been 0 - 3...... 1945......WWII the Big One was just getting over........ damnation.......

Robert out here we are known as the Best Fans in sports...... we applaud the winning team as they leave the field.....then we go and drink heavily......You will be most welcome and have all the great Nebraska food you can eat. We will start with beef......and end up with beef....... I hope you are carnivorous.....

Got some new brakes on the GS also....... new stock rotors and some Hawk Pads......took it for a spin and they worked well......also changed out the brake fluid...... after 63K miles on the stock brakes they actually were not that bad.....could have gone longer but thought it was time....... anyone still on their original brakes? Whay Back maybe?

Ok its time to mow and reflect on other things then the silly game of football.......like the meaning of life and GS'ers and other profound ideas........ have a really swell day Hamms......

Last edited by Huskerman; 09-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:40 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Me on stock brakes? Yea right.
Stock were gone in 09. On my 4th set of pads and 3rd set of rotors. Didn't replace the rotors my second change. That made me do the 3rd change a little sooner to ease my mind.

How about them Red Raiders? Opened a big can of west Texas whoop ads on Ok St....a top 20 ranked team.

Cornhuskers gonna have a tough year rebuilding. At least they have fans to still cheer for them.....they don't know better.

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 09-23-2018, 04:02 PM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,651 Likes on 1,692 Posts

I am still on the OEM brakes on my 2012 but only have 26k miles on the car. It's about time to flush the brake fluid.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:28 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Originally Posted by BadAV
I assume you meant the end of October. Since that's like your mid-summer's dream.
Try homeaway.com and/or evolvevacationrental.com Do it now, because prices usually increase on Oct 1st.
Westside (Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Goodyear, ect) are lower priced than equivalent Eastside (Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, etc)
Go to Google Earth to see areas and then to street view to "drive" the neighborhood and see the house/condo.
The closer to a freeway, the easier it is to travel around. Although, I'd avoid I-10 near 75th Av due to current and continuing construction for the next few months.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:00 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

The LSDHL and I looked in Phoenix area but just couldn't get past the fast pace. We ended up south of Tucson for a more laid back pace.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill