C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 06:03 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,952 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

well most may have heard that Roy Clark of Hee Haw fame has passed...…………..

don't know how many realized that he was a very talented guitar player as well as a singer and TV personality...……………

Old 11-15-2018, 06:07 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

nice story there Dshammy………………….

wonder if anyone here would lay claim to that type of "son-in-law"...……………………

This is for all the dog lovers here...………………..

A local business was looking for office help.

They put a sign in the window saying:

"HELP WANTED.

Must be able to type, must be good with a computer and must be bilingual.

We are an Equal Opportunity Employer."

A short time afterward, a dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it and whined.

Getting the idea, the receptionist got the office manager.

The office manager looked at the dog and was surprised, to say the least. However, the dog looked determined, so he led him into the office. Inside, the dog jumped up on the chair and stared at the manager.

The manager said, "I can't hire you.

The sign says you have to be able to type."

The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to type out a perfect letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the manager and gave it to him, then jumped back on the chair. The manager was stunned, but then told the dog, "The sign says you have to be good with a computer."

The dog jumped down again and went to the computer.

The dog proceeded to demonstrate his expertise with various programs and produced a sample spreadsheet and database and presented them to the manager.

By this time the manager was totally dumbfounded!

He looked at the dog and said, "I realize that you are a very intelligent dog and have some interesting abilities.

However, I still can't give you the job."

The dog jumped down and went to a copy of the sign and put his paw on the part about being an Equal Opportunity Employer. The manager said, "Yes, but the sign also says that you have to be bilingual."

The dog looked at him straight in the face and said, "Meow."

Last edited by rkj427; 11-15-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by rkj427
well most may have heard that Roy Clark of Hee Haw fame has passed..
Wow, hadn't heard. I loved him on Hee Haw. He was a genius on guitar and banjo. Sad.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:36 PM
teebee
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 286 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

He was a very talented entertainer. I liked watching Hee-Haw.

On another note.....Ruxy, the package arrived today, Thank you and I'll get the other part delivered.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:44 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by teebee
He was a very talented entertainer. I liked watching Hee-Haw.
On another note.....Ruxy, the package arrived today, Thank you and I'll get the other part delivered.
Perfect...my pleasure.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:24 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by ruxvette
The scabs are almost gone and the itching stopped two weeks ago.
The incubation period on some of that bad stuff is at least 30 days or longer. Better put a little extra chlorine in the pool this year. Would hate for the wiffy to start asking questions if the itching comes back, in front of her that is....just saying

Cougs have a big one this weekend, late game COLD in Pullman and it's Arizona who ripped them a New One last year. That QB. Tate I believe, is tricky and can run like a Jack rabbit. If our secondary doesn't let us down on his passing and they keep him cornered should be a win. Probably won't be able to take the cold up here though, we hope. Think we have a better QB, not hurt, and overall team this year...yeah, guys with Mustache rule...just saying.

Interesting if you haven't seen this....Minshew Pac 12 interview couple weeks ago.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 11-16-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:14 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,665 Likes on 1,697 Posts

Originally Posted by rkj427
well most may have heard that Roy Clark of Hee Haw fame has passed...…………..

don't know how many realized that he was a very talented guitar player as well as a singer and TV personality...……………

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ePQRAJBiIs
He could actually play damn near any musical instrument.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:08 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

well Friday November 16 is National Fast Food Day......................

appropriate for the basers (fast) and the GS'ers (food) here................

Old 11-16-2018, 10:53 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,821 Likes on 1,967 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hey hey now.......wazzzup homies......did you miss me? did you even know that I was gone? I had the key to the liquor cabinet.......hmmmm.....maybe some copies of the key out there........ change all the locks on everything....... Shao, I think I'm starting to see a trend there........ Go for Classic....its like a Grand Sport....a classic.....

Nice digs Rocketman.....thought I would see the Red Sled in there hanging out getting some bolt ons also......

Ruxy....glad you are healing up.......they keep calling me wanting to know when you are coming back to see them......they keep calling you a nickname but I shan't repeat it on a family forum........

Been out in the fields taking soil samples but f'd up my back yesterday so am healing up today........damnation..... it's like I'm getting older or something...... what the hell.......

Headed out to the office will be in contact real soon.........

RIP Roy.......you were a joy....

Old 11-16-2018, 11:09 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 11-16-2018, 11:44 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Even if you don't like the music genre you have to admire the skill. Stunning.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskerman
Go for Classic....its like a Grand Sport....a classic.....
Well Men's Classic is done by weight. At full refeed I'm 211 and depleted 199. Heavyweight starts at 198.5 to 220lbs which means I'd be at the very low end of the heavy weight class. At 6'1" with an 84" reach would put me at a huge disadvantage, but with excellent conditioning I can have symmetry like no other. I'd still be shooting for light heavyweight as an edge(198lb max)

On the other hand Mens Physique doesn't have a weight class but goes by height and doesn't judge off posing or leg development. So I'd be with other competitors at the 6" and above class, but they mark down for extreme muscularity and vascularity.

My brother(former IFBB pro and my coach) wants my first show to be Men's Physique, so I can see how ludicrous it is. I want to do Men's Classic because mens Physique is the fashion show of body building IMO. However, hes the expert, and unless he says I'm peeled enough for classic I'll be doing Physique.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:06 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Might get my car back Mon or Tuesday. Hope so as I can't stand that G. Cherokee. Heated seats and heated steering wheel come on automatically when you start the car. I turn them both off but the next time I start it they come back on.

What is even more puzzling is the stupid start stop system. Pull into the garage and it stops. Shift into park and it starts back up......just to give me the pleasure of pushing the stop button. what a stupid system......it also comes on automatically at start up. So before I can drive the stupid thing I have to use the mouse to find the settings for the seat and SW to turn them off then I have to turn off the start stop bullshit.

I miss my car.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:12 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
Well Men's Classic is done by weight. At full refeed I'm 211 and depleted 199. Heavyweight starts at 198.5 to 220lbs which means I'd be at the very low end of the heavy weight class. At 6'1" with an 84" reach would put me at a huge disadvantage, but with excellent conditioning I can have symmetry like no other. I'd still be shooting for light heavyweight as an edge(198lb max)

On the other hand Mens Physique doesn't have a weight class but goes by height and doesn't judge off posing or leg development. So I'd be with other competitors at the 6" and above class, but they mark down for extreme muscularity and vascularity.

My brother(former IFBB pro and my coach) wants my first show to be Men's Physique, so I can see how ludicrous it is. I want to do Men's Classic because mens Physique is the fashion show of body building IMO. However, hes the expert, and unless he says I'm peeled enough for classic I'll be doing Physique.
I'm curious as to how you wind down after you stop doing this stuff? I've seen other extreme athletes die at an early age, like Jim Fixx at 38 and Walter Payton at 45. Some even die earlier in their career, but I'm not familiar with your sport. Do the participants have shorter than average lifespans or other early life physical problems related to long term extreme training regimens?
Old 11-16-2018, 02:52 PM
Shaolin Crane
Melting Slicks

Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
I'm curious as to how you wind down after you stop doing this stuff? I've seen other extreme athletes die at an early age, like Jim Fixx at 38 and Walter Payton at 45. Some even die earlier in their career, but I'm not familiar with your sport. Do the participants have shorter than average lifespans or other early life physical problems related to long term extreme training regimens?
I probably have a longer lifespan doing body building than fighting professionally. My last fight I had my left arm ripped out at the shoulder cause I refused to tap during an armbar, I won by TKO after rolling over and knocking him near unconscious and the fight was called. Unfortunately I lost 2 years in recovery and can't get cleared to fight anymore. It felt weird not to train for something, so while I still teach and fight for fun body building was the one Avenue I could give 120% at without worrying I might kill someone. I'm not allowed to fight any of the students anymore and only a handful of other instructors. Oddly enough after the switch to body building type training my shoulders feel better than ever, which temps me to fight again(though I won't, I'mtoo.old to consider that seriously anymore). No winding down for me, I've been training since I was 3 and I'm sure the day I can no longer train, will be the day before I die. My brother is almost 50 and could easily get back on stage. We live by the saying "You can live 100 years as a sheep, or 50 years as a wolf"

Surge Nubret died at 70. Heres a photo of him about 6 months before he died, still competing(Compared to the year he took the Olympia from Arnold) . Arnold is still kicking, Zane, Ferrigno, Yates, Horn, etc.

Respect the process and while you might not live any longer than the national average but it will make old age easier.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:20 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Two GS'er hunters were dragging their recently slain deer through the snow back to their truck.

Each one had a grip on a rear leg.

As they passed by an old Indian, he commented that the deer would pull a lot easier if they pulled it by the front legs because of the direction that the deer’s hair lays.

So the GS'er hunters each began pulling by the front legs.

About 20 minutes later, one of them says, “Boy! This is a lot easier.”

The other one replies, “Yes, but we sure are getting a lot farther from the truck!”

Last edited by rkj427; 11-17-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:25 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

for H1's sake, I am hoping that the Huskers can beat the Spartans from Michigan State today...……………..

MSU has a defense, but no offense, and the Huskers have offense but no defense...……….

IF MSU could have scored a touchdown, they could have beaten Ohio State, and allowed MICHIGAN a free pass to the Big 10 Eastern conference title...……..

Guess at 6 and 4 Northwestern already has locked up the Big 10 West...……………. something the Huskers should be able to aim for in Frost's second year there...……….

Get notified of new replies

To Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill

Old 11-17-2018, 10:16 AM
scott1094
Burning Brakes

Received 199 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
Might get my car back Mon or Tuesday. Hope so as I can't stand that G. Cherokee. Heated seats and heated steering wheel come on automatically when you start the car. I turn them both off but the next time I start it they come back on.

What is even more puzzling is the stupid start stop system. Pull into the garage and it stops. Shift into park and it starts back up......just to give me the pleasure of pushing the stop button. what a stupid system......it also comes on automatically at start up. So before I can drive the stupid thing I have to use the mouse to find the settings for the seat and SW to turn them off then I have to turn off the start stop bullshit.

I miss my car.
Way, I hear ya. Sadly, all the new stuff has the auto start and stop. It's really a hoax since it only helps on the EPA testing program the manufacturers have to pass. Some vehicles have an actual way to completely turn the system off but most require that you push the little button when you first start it. I'm driving a Jeep Compass and the button is near the shifter at the bottom of the center stack. Suck it up, it will soon be over.

Scott
Old 11-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Well I'm headed in to the game.....wind chill is like 11 degrees....wind blowing steady out of the north northwest at 20 to 25....... perfect football weather......today we will see how our offense can match up against a good defense......defense has been improving also but just lack the player skill set..... This is a good game to win.....but it will be tough..... Sparty is looking to make a comeback also....

Gotta go.......Carhart insulated coveralls ...check...... Peterbilt hoody......check.... large warm NK seed coat.....check..... Tacova rough out cowboy boots ..... check.... Harley stocking cap...check....Peppermint schnapps ....check.....only for medicinal purposes of course....... ok I'm ready to rock...... catch you on the flip side homies.......
Old 11-17-2018, 03:16 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane
No winding down for me, I've been training since I was 3 and I'm sure the day I can no longer train, will be the day before I die. My brother is almost 50 and could easily get back on stage. We live by the saying "You can live 100 years as a sheep, or 50 years as a wolf"
Surge Nubret died at 70. Heres a photo of him about 6 months before he died, still competing(Compared to the year he took the Olympia from Arnold) . Arnold is still kicking, Zane, Ferrigno, Yates, Horn, etc.
Respect the process and while you might not live any longer than the national average but it will make old age easier.
I lost nearly 10 lbs of skeletal muscle (primarily legs and arms) in a 5-day period a year ago. A drug reaction occurred when it clashed with a statin prescribed for nearly 5 years and an antibiotic prescribed for a UTI. The lingering effects have reduced my strength and somewhat my ability to regain the muscle. While some forms of exercise are sustainable, others take several days to recover from. My doctors tell me it's all part of the winding down process after I retired from working the average 75 hour weeks.
I passed the 63 year life expectancy 14 years ago. Genetically speaking, I probably have 20 years left, since both my parents lived to their mid-90's. Obviously, I'm not going back to the 75 hour work weeks and I'm older than any of those guys you named. I'm just trying to see how to handle the natural degradation process and if the damage from a year ago is permanent or if I can recover a portion of it.

Quick Reply: Hammy's Grand Sport Bar & Grill