C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a mechanic? Abel is able!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:14 AM
PapaV
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a mechanic? Abel is able!

Bought a 2007, C6 on Easter 2014. I received a safety recall on the car in January 2015. I called Dublin Chevrolet (Dublin, CA)--local dealer for me. I was transferred to the person that processes recalls. Ring, no answer. Left a voice mail. Waited over a week. No callback. I called them back. Same exact result. I decided if they cared that much about safety recalls, I did not want them working on my car. I searched the forum and read several recommendations for Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista. Thanks forum! I drove my Vette 50 miles to have them service the recall and to work on some others needs. When I bought this car, it came with a rattling, clunking noise that annoyed the heck out of me. I took it to my local mechanic. No success. He checked the suspension and the whole undercarriage. I lived with this for year. Able is able! They figured it out the first morning they had my car. They were friendly. They listened. They discounted parts just because I was a Vette owner. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 AM
PJake
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PapaV
Bought a 2007, C6 on Easter 2014. I received a safety recall on the car in January 2015. I called Dublin Chevrolet (Dublin, CA)--local dealer for me. I was transferred to the person that processes recalls. Ring, no answer. Left a voice mail. Waited over a week. No callback. I called them back. Same exact result. I decided if they cared that much about safety recalls, I did not want them working on my car. I searched the forum and read several recommendations for Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista. Thanks forum! I drove my Vette 50 miles to have them service the recall and to work on some others needs. When I bought this car, it came with a rattling, clunking noise that annoyed the heck out of me. I took it to my local mechanic. No success. He checked the suspension and the whole undercarriage. I lived with this for year. Able is able! They figured it out the first morning they had my car. They were friendly. They listened. They discounted parts just because I was a Vette owner. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:28 AM
Chiselchst
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 286 Posts

I agree. Abel is absolutely fantastic. Would never believe a dealership could be so great. Met several folks while there from many miles away that felt the same way...
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM
DADNKID
Intermediate

I went to one of their yearly car show they have and I was impressed. I had a Camaro at the time and wasn't treated any differently than the Corvette guys. Great friendly staff that knows the importance of good customer service.

What did they identify the rear noise was?
Old 06-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

It's always good to hear about a competent service dept. Happy to hear your baby is fixed.

And yep, we need to know about the noise, what it sounded like and the fix. Never know when that information may come in handy for someone.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Abel rocks!!

I also bought my Vette from Dublin Chevrolet, but there's too many horror stories from that place.

Abel is the #1 Chevy dealership in NorCal when it comes to service. Rich and the gang will take good care of you.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:50 PM
tealex
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

wish I lived closer
Old 06-19-2015, 08:53 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Abel is hands down the best dealer on the west coast....
All my cars make the hour and a half drive to their shop..
Richie and his crew are the BEST ....

RichieRichZ06 is also a fellow Vette owner and very active in the Vette Community ,,,Him and his wife are some of the fastest racers in our area....He is a wiz when it comes to our cars...

Abel and Richie are involved in all kinds of activities in the area and support all GM forums..... They have a car show every year in May that brings 300 cars to the dealership..

They also are a supporter for an Event me and my group at CorvetteSyndicate.com puts on every Dec for Toys for Tots.. we get about 200 cars and about 500 toys and a nice amount of cash every year,,,,

Hands down the best customer service in the nation.....

Great job as always Richie and Derek Abel.....
Old 06-19-2015, 09:47 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Abel is hands down the best dealer on the west coast....
All my cars make the hour and a half drive to their shop..
Richie and his crew are the BEST ....

RichieRichZ06 is also a fellow Vette owner and very active in the Vette Community ,,,Him and his wife are some of the fastest racers in our area....He is a wiz when it comes to our cars...

Abel and Richie are involved in all kinds of activities in the area and support all GM forums..... They have a car show every year in May that brings 300 cars to the dealership..

They also are a supporter for an Event me and my group at CorvetteSyndicate.com puts on every Dec for Toys for Tots.. we get about 200 cars and about 500 toys and a nice amount of cash every year,,,,

Hands down the best customer service in the nation.....

Great job as always Richie and Derek Abel.....
Old 06-19-2015, 11:10 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Abel

Abel is the best. Besides, Dublin lost one of our members C6Zs waiting for heads. They made the owner's insurance pay for the loss..

I've had tons of "High end" work done on my Z by Abel and all was perfect...
Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
Abel is the best. Besides, Dublin lost one of our members C6Zs waiting for heads. They made the owner's insurance pay for the loss..

I've had tons of "High end" work done on my Z by Abel and all was perfect...
Dublin has lost(stolen) a few owners cars and don't step up for their mistakes....

Abel will be working on my car here soon....
After our weekend in Tahoe next weekend and Reno in 3 weeks LOL....
Well be tearing up the town for a few days with Richie and his wife and a bunch of others from our club and groups.....
Old 06-20-2015, 06:42 AM
10thumper
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I've been here once (I live in San Jose). I won't be going anywhere else. It's worth the drive.

Get notified of new replies

To Need a mechanic? Abel is able!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a mechanic? Abel is able!