C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's the little things

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Ben101er
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero_6
Depending on where you're stay in NC. I'm a sushi fan and there's Wild Wok in Hickory behind Valley Hills Mall. 50% off before 6pm on weekdays. Just becareful on Tail Of The Dragon. It's a tourist attraction and a lot of wrecks has happened there. Semi trucks use that route too, 300 turns within 10 miles. The new miata was featured on there. Be safe.
I recently read an article that said semis were no longer allowed on the tail of the dragon. Hope it is right, since it will be much safer.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

http://cherohala.org/ This is close to the South and West End of the Tail and the road to get to it is fun also. The motorcycle riders on it are nuts.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:40 PM
hrt vlv
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Ames
http://cherohala.org/ This is close to the South and West End of the Tail and the road to get to it is fun also. The motorcycle riders on it are nuts.
Thank you Richard! We will do that.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:42 PM
hrt vlv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SSWEET
I bought a can of that "luck" online.. Under the directions on the can it said "Join Triple A"...
Yes for 37 years. It is well worth it
Old 06-22-2015, 04:45 PM
hrt vlv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zero_6
Depending on where you're stay in NC. I'm a sushi fan and there's Wild Wok in Hickory behind Valley Hills Mall. 50% off before 6pm on weekdays. Just becareful on Tail Of The Dragon. It's a tourist attraction and a lot of wrecks has happened there. Semi trucks use that route too, 300 turns within 10 miles. The new miata was featured on there. Be safe.
Sushi! Your making me hungry!
Bill
Old 06-22-2015, 04:47 PM
hrt vlv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
Sorry to hear about your Yorkie.
To your question, on that particular trip, we stayed for a week in Jacksonville while we were at the Players Golf tournament, and the Suites hotel had a laundry facility on site.
We usually have enough clothes to last us about 4 days in those suitcases. We always try to book hotels that have laundry facilities. We normally only drive from 07:00am to about 4pm daily, so that gives us time to wash clothes every 3-4 days, if were not stopping for any extended days.
It's worked for us so far.

Thank you for your thoughts and travel tips

Quick Reply: It's the little things