C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 headlights modification

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Thanks guys. Car is for sale on EBay. Looks like kit will only be $1500 and you buy headlights (used all over $600-1000 a pair). I'm gonna to do a customer car locally here soon and then get the pictures and preordering started. No one will touch the price of this conversion.

And regards to the how will it hold up question, I'm confident it will be fine. I left my bumper sitting out in the FL sun for over a month and then molded it and then left it out there almost another month before repainting it from the molding process on messing up the paint. I've driven the car almost daily since the conversion (except while it wasn't apart for production and molding) and I've built dozens of cars. It will hold up fine for sure.

Anyone local to central FL wants to do their Widebody / Z06 / Zr1 / GS let me know. If not I'm going to pick up a Zr1 and do it for my next car.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:33 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy
Thanks guys. Car is for sale on EBay. Looks like kit will only be $1500 and you buy headlights (used all over $600-1000 a pair). I'm gonna to do a customer car locally here soon and then get the pictures and preordering started. No one will touch the price of this conversion.

And regards to the how will it hold up question, I'm confident it will be fine. I left my bumper sitting out in the FL sun for over a month and then molded it and then left it out there almost another month before repainting it from the molding process on messing up the paint. I've driven the car almost daily since the conversion (except while it wasn't apart for production and molding) and I've built dozens of cars. It will hold up fine for sure.

Anyone local to central FL wants to do their Widebody / Z06 / Zr1 / GS let me know. If not I'm going to pick up a Zr1 and do it for my next car.
Shoot me an estimate to do mine, time and money. I can drop it off for however long needed. I'm ready to do some springtime freshening up and this may just suit the bill. After the body work I can run down to my buddy Tim Burke at Burke's Corvettes in Maitland to get the paint did.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:25 AM
randy watson
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So still curious to how parts are bonded to oem parts....is it just bondo, or are they fiberglassed together?......also besides templates what does the kit come with?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

The kit will include panels, headlight brackets, plug-in harnesses, and line-up templates for ease of alignment/install. Will likely offer the option to buy the 3M bonding material for fiberglass to urethane or your bodyshop can do it however they like. Bondo is very limited for filling (as in any bodywork) prior to priming/painting. The parts will be done in vinyl-ester resin to prevent shrinking over time.

We will be doing a video to show step-by-step how this can be done in one day (well, you'll be able to have this done and primered in a day, which will have to dry overnight and then final prep for paint the next day). The final product will have all OEM fitting gaps because you're using OEM parts. No wasting tons of time and money getting aftermarket panels to line up and have even gaps. Between myself and Mike, we've been building cars for over 30 years combined. He's built probably 300-400 cars and knows a lot more than me. I also consulted with a professional race car builder on the project to get this rolling on using panels instead of full replacement fenders and bumper. The final product will take a fraction of the time and fraction of the price of doing that, yet the finished product will be indistinguishable - if not better due to factory fit.

My white car is currently on Ebay but I have a gentleman flying in Friday to possibly drive it home.

RLSebring, I'll give you a call in a few.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:40 PM
randy watson
Cruising

Can you post some close up pics of fender and headlight area?
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

OK guys. Finally got around to getting this wrapped up. I've got a customer's car here that I'll be doing next week with an install video showing how this can be done in one day (well, to primer, it will take a second day to prep and paint). The parts will literally be able to be painted off the car. You might have to blend your hood depending on the color but you don't have to deal with prepping and taping off the whole car risking overspray and wasting time.

The kit will be introductory priced at $1500 plus shipping. You'll basically have to buy a set of headlights and have it installed. Our how-to video will really make it easy to install for any body shop to see just what to do. It will also help you justify how much it should cost and how long it should take with our install instructions and video.

I can tell you that I've already got over 100 guys on our email list and 12 confirmed orders in line. I will post more next week with ordering info and video link.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:06 PM
stp357
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

OK guys. Finally got around to getting this wrapped up. I've got a customer's car here that I'll be doing next week with an install video showing how this can be done in one day (well, to primer, it will take a second day to prep and paint). The parts will literally be able to be painted off the car. You might have to blend your hood depending on the color but you don't have to deal with prepping and taping off the whole car risking overspray and wasting time.

The kit will be introductory priced at $1500 plus shipping. You'll basically have to buy a set of headlights and have it installed. Our how-to video will really make it easy to install for any body shop to see just what to do. It will also help you justify how much it should cost and how long it should take with our install instructions and video.

I can tell you that I've already got over 100 guys on our email list and 12 confirmed orders in line. I will post more next week with ordering info and video link.
Very cool! I've been watching this thread and saving up some dough! How do I get on your email list?
Old 04-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Thanks. Just shoot me an email and I'll add you.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CRAZY COWBOY'S YOUTUBE PAGE:
Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 AM
ItalianStallion
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Very cool 👍👍
The following users liked this post:
Crazy Cowboy (04-15-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Thanks. Just shoot me an email and I'll add you.
Just shot you an email also
Old 04-09-2016, 10:38 AM
LOW01
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Will the kit include the all important wiring needed to go to newC7 headlights?
Old 04-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Vettecrazy0707
1st Gear

That's perfect, lmk if you make the kits. I'll take onee
Old 04-10-2016, 11:48 AM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Will this kit work with a narrow body (base) c6 front?
Gering (04-11-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Mikeyfitz
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Interesting. Could be something to consider wth the ZR1
Old 04-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by nmalik3000
Will this kit work with a narrow body (base) c6 front?
Old 04-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Should be doing the first customer car tomorrow for the video and pics. Will only take one day to do the body work and one day for paint. Been test-driving my white car with the new drop-in/bolt-in headlight buckets since my originals were welded metal (didn't plan on reproduction initially). These molded buckets make it really simple and nice for quick install of the headlight housings. No problems and I've driven over railroad tracks and very rough roads and high-speeds and overpasses and potholes.... they are solid!

I'll be offering these for the narrow body soon after the widebody is available. Will keep you guys posted.

Will likely have pics coming in the next few days and a time-lapse video showing how quick this kit can be done soon after I get a little time to put the video together.

Last edited by Crazy Cowboy; 04-12-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:49 PM
Reggied
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Count me in too

Count me in too.
Car:
2005 C6 Base model
Wide-body rear kit from RPI
Spacers on rear tires
ZR1 tail spoiler
ZR1 side skirts
ZR1 front splitter
Base model bumper
Base model fenders
Angel Eye Headlight /foglight kit
Lambo doors.

I want to upgrade to C7 headlights on base bumper & base fenders
when you are ready..Awesome idea

Get notified of new replies

To C7 headlights modification

Old 04-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Well I started the customer car yesterday after lunch and got both headlights mounted. We did find there is a difference in the C6 and the Z06 and the Grand Sport front inner wheel wells shape - and likely by year slightly as well. Not a big deal at all just took a few more test-fit steps of on-off with the fender to adjust the headlight buckets that come with the kit. It's really going well.

Also I should have a narrow body kit available within the month!!

The kit price right now is going to run $1900 but there will be an intro pricing for pre-orders of $1500. Shipping will be damn cheap too. No huge parts. You supply the headlights although I may have a set here and there available for sale.

We will offer local installs of the kit (or ship your car to us) for $1500 to the point you're ready for paint.

Will be doing the bodywork tomorrow (since I'm out of town today) and have it in primer by tomorrow night ready for paint. Here's a pic with the driver headlight in and the outer panels over it. This is before any body work or bonding. I know the body panel lines on the kit don't line up in this picture. The headlight was not bolted in yet for this one.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Crazy Cowboy; 04-15-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by LOW01
Will the kit include the all important wiring needed to go to newC7 headlights?
Of course
Old 04-15-2016, 08:38 PM
nmalik3000
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Crazy Cowboy great job!

Hey Crazy Cowboy great job!
I have a base narrow body c6 with an aftermarket z06 like front bumper cover made of urethane (see pic below). I have the narrow body front fenders.

Will your narrow body kit work with my aftermarket urethane front bumper cover and stock narrow front fenders?
How much do you think is a fair price for install of your kit from a body shop including paint?
Thanks and great work

Quick Reply: C7 headlights modification