C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitate

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Bat66
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Hesitate

I have 2007 C6 81000 miles when at a complete stop if I accelerate slightly out of gear there is a hesitation, like I press the accelerator it hesitate before revving, something when i back out of my driveway and take off it hesitate, like when you hit the gas it dip then its gone. Otherwise run great. Ideals.
Bat.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:27 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Since no one else has answered, here's the low grade reply:

First, can you compare your car with others that have the same LS2 2ngine?

I'd wonder about plugs, wires, and throttle body/injectors if you haven't been using Top Tier gas.

Consider this to be a free bump so the experts will see it.
The following users liked this post:
Bat66 (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 12:46 PM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

By no means an expert but I agree with the post above. Take care of the basics first. A slight hesitation would lead me to pull the spark plugs first....would also check maf cleanliness.
The following users liked this post:
Bat66 (09-22-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Bat66
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks guy, I've only used chevron from day one for purchase, plugs and wires was change out the first of the years, now I had my nose repainted a month ago and I did take my maf out and clean it because when I pick it up it was running real bad I may need to do another cleaning on it.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 PM
_05C6_
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts

Have you removed the throttle body and cleaned it. I know deposits can build up on the bottom of the butterfly plate. This can cause it to stick at the idle/closed position. When you press the gas pedal the slight hesitation is that plate coming unstuck.
Just a thought....
For more info on the removal and cleaning of the throttle body check out youtube. The video you find doesn't have to be vette specific but it will give you an idea.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Bat66
I have 2007 C6 81000 miles when at a complete stop if I accelerate slightly out of gear there is a hesitation, like I press the accelerator it hesitate before revving, something when i back out of my driveway and take off it hesitate, like when you hit the gas it dip then its gone. Otherwise run great. Ideals.
Bat.
Two things that are going on.

The first is that GM programmed some hesitation between the accelerate pedal output, and the throttle body doing anything. This helps the car to gain MPG, and to keep you from bucking the car as well. On the base case, will notice that when you come off the gas, the RPM's will hold steady for about 1/2 second before the RPMS start to drop as well.

The next is that the accelerate pedal output goes to the ECM, then it calculates the sensors in the car before it does start to open the throttle body/increases the flow through the injectors. So from the start, the MAF is the main sensor that the ECM is mainly using to begin with. If the MAF is dirtly, and even the air filters dirty, then this can cause an even longer delay.

On the MAF, pull and clean it with a good spray electrical contact cleaner to get any debries off the coils, then reinstall it back in the car (in the correct flow direction).

On the air filter, am more of a fan of the NAPA gold filters than the dark OEM filters instead. The Naps gold (wixs) filters have a slightly better initial flow, plus the fact that they are a light color, so you can see if they are getting dirty and need to be change a lot easy as well.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:21 AM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Turn the nannies off...
Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,173 Posts

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER
Turn the nannies off...
All this does is put the ECM hesitations into a longer state instead.

Hence you would think that turning the nannies off would crispen the throttle response up better, but is does just the opposite instead.

So stock has the crispest throttle response, comp is a touch slower, and then nannies turned off, is the worst of the lot with throttle response instead.

Bluntly, The way to look at the Vet,

The race team had a go at designing the car to begin with. The GM parts buyers started sending out for pricing for the parts to build the car, then ***** themselves when they saw how much the race team parts where going to cost, and started to value engineer the parts with the supplies to get the price way down on them.

Once the car was built for first testing and time to take it out on the test track, although the race team had a chance to take a crack at it to make some suspension setting corrections, GM put soccer mom's in the drivers to see if they could drive it as the final test.

So when this was a crash and burn with too much car/power for the soccer mom's just looping out the car over and over again, the software engineer programmers where brought in to "soccer mom safe" the car with the software in the end to make the car drive-able for them.
Note: Soccer mom, Old codger with slow reflexes, or novice driver with no high speed racing skills, they are all pretty much the same.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:26 AM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
All this does is put the ECM hesitations into a longer state instead.

Hence you would think that turning the nannies off would crispen the throttle response up better, but is does just the opposite instead.

So stock has the crispest throttle response, comp is a touch slower, and then nannies turned off, is the worst of the lot with throttle response instead.

Bluntly, The way to look at the Vet,

The race team had a go at designing the car to begin with. The GM parts buyers started sending out for pricing for the parts to build the car, then ***** themselves when they saw how much the race team parts where going to cost, and started to value engineer the parts with the supplies to get the price way down on them.

Once the car was built for first testing and time to take it out on the test track, although the race team had a chance to take a crack at it to make some suspension setting corrections, GM put soccer mom's in the drivers to see if they could drive it as the final test.

So when this was a crash and burn with too much car/power for the soccer mom's just looping out the car over and over again, the software engineer programmers where brought in to "soccer mom safe" the car with the software in the end to make the car drive-able for them.
Note: Soccer mom, Old codger with slow reflexes, or novice driver with no high speed racing skills, they are all pretty much the same.
Ummm....OP LEAVE THE NANNIES ON! Lol

Get notified of new replies

To Hesitate

Quick Reply: Hesitate