C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 months of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:38 PM
CamdVette
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 9 months of ownership

Have had the vette 9 months and by far the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. Went from bone stock to full exhaust, Intake , and tune. Loving every second of it just have the horsepower bug now 😈

First day I brought her home

How she sits now

Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Starfish Prime
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Great looking car. I am at 9 months also.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Lookin' good!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

Beautiful. I'm sitting at 3 months
Old 09-29-2015, 08:42 PM
db2012gs
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

congrats...enjoy!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:43 PM
_05C6_
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts

Great progress. I'm at just over 2 months myself. It is truly a joy to drive.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:51 PM
CamdVette
Advanced

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Glad to see you're getting lots of enjoyment out of your 'vette.

I have mine for 2 1/2 years now, and every time I hit that start button, I feel like I'm 16 again!

The following users liked this post:
Carvin (09-30-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 11:21 PM
NMJoe
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I've had my car for just about one month. This is my first Corvette, although it has been my dream car for 40 years. I find myself having a difficult time going to sleep each night, as I can't wait for the morning when I get to drive my baby again. My wife thinks I'm crazy/obsessed, and perhaps she has a point, but I've worked and waited a long time for this moment, and my anticipation and expectations have not been disappointed. I feel like I thought I would when I was seven and fell in love with the early C3.

Joe
Old 09-29-2015, 11:31 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NMJoe
I've had my car for just about one month. This is my first Corvette, although it has been my dream car for 40 years. I find myself having a difficult time going to sleep each night, as I can't wait for the morning when I get to drive my baby again. My wife thinks I'm crazy/obsessed, and perhaps she has a point, but I've worked and waited a long time for this moment, and my anticipation and expectations have not been disappointed. I feel like I thought I would when I was seven and fell in love with the early C3.

Joe
There are many similar stories here. I had my first close up and personal look at a 1957 'vette when I was 14 years of age.
It was white with red interior, and I wanted one ever since.
I always swore I would wait until I could afford to order a brand new Corvette.
It didn't happen until I was 69 years of age. Waited 55 years for that moment, it was awesome.
Good luck to ya!
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 PM
NMJoe
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameister
There are many similar stories here. I had my first close up and personal look at a 1957 'vette when I was 14 years of age.
It didn't happen until I was 69 years of age. Waited 55 years for that moment, it was awesome.
Good luck to ya!
I'm glad that I'm not the only person that feels possessed. BTW, I have not, at any point, felt dissapointed by my C6, coupled with my expectations built over 40 years, and I have been told that my expectations are fairly unrealistic by several people very close to me, regardless of topic, but especially when it comes to cars. Ha! L O V E T H I S C A R!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that feels possessed. BTW, I have not, at any point, felt dissapointed by my C6, coupled with my expectations built over 40 years, and I have been told that my expectations are fairly unrealistic by several people very close to me, regardless of topic, but especially when it comes to cars. Ha! L O V E T H I S C A R!!!!!!
The only areas in which I have been disappointed, relate to those issues, that have been known to GM, since the first C6 rolled off the line in 2005.

The harmonic balancer, the connector under the driver's seat for the air bag sensor, the low beam headlight issue, and several others.

One would think that purchasing a 2013, at the end run after 9 years of refining the same car, would result in owning a car that has reached perfection.
Yet, after all those years, GM made no attempt to correct these issues.
They kept selling the car year after year, knowing that these issues existed.
That's disappointing, and inexcusable.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:02 AM
CamdVette
Advanced

Joe
My first corvette as well has been my dream car for as long as I can remember. I can agree with the obsessed feeling and can't imagine not having a corvette in the garage for the rest of my life haha!
Old 09-30-2015, 01:13 AM
See5see6
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 131 Posts

Good luck to ya!
My story and yours are so alike it is uncanny. I too was 14 when an Omaha, NE, dealer let me sit in a red '57 with a red interior and a white top. I got hooked bad. Only took me years and years to achieve ownership of my first very own Corvette. A red one with a red interior and a white top!! Still have that C5 although I drive my '08 much more often. I just love Corvettes. Yours, mine and everyone elses. Love 'em all I tell ya!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:21 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Got mine jn Feb and it has been nonstop love affair, looking forward to many years of passion.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:04 AM
hotmotorsports
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The only areas in which I have been disappointed, relate to those issues, that have been known to GM, since the first C6 rolled off the line in 2005.

The harmonic balancer, the connector under the driver's seat for the air bag sensor, the low beam headlight issue, and several others.

One would think that purchasing a 2013, at the end run after 9 years of refining the same car, would result in owning a car that has reached perfection.
Yet, after all those years, GM made no attempt to correct these issues.
They kept selling the car year after year, knowing that these issues existed.
That's disappointing, and inexcusable.
Harmonic Balancer ... change it! From what I understand there weren't that many compared to the total production C6 run. I've changed a few this year and it's no picnic, but we should all be aware by now.

Change the connector under the seat ($15.00) as a preventative measure.

The low beam issue takes one hour and the dealer does this at no charge,

Just enjoy the car! Never mind the negatives ...

Chuck M
Old 09-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Richard G.
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Lookin good ! I am at 5 months.

Get notified of new replies

To 9 months of ownership

Old 09-30-2015, 08:34 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

I'm at 9 months too. In my rather lame case, the only thing I've done is to drive it. Put in fuel too. Other than that, nothing. I need to get my butt up to speed.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:45 AM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm at 13 months ownership of my C6. Enjoy driving it daily. I had a C5 prior and this is the first time I ever bought the next generation of any vehicle I have owned.

Have add wheels, Z51 Sways, Corsa Sports, Kenwood Nav, Body color painted Z06 Spoiler and Pearl Black vinyl end to end stripes. Have AFE heavy duty End links ordered and looking forward to putting them on.

Other things I want to do... (money is a rather large object in the way, though)...

Z51 (possibly Z06 Springs) - need to see if the z06 will just be too strong for a base daily, though... Once I have the $$ for them I'll just look for some available in the C6 Parts section - or get with Gene if I can't wait.
C7 Carbon Front spliter and side skirts.
Eagle Eye LED tails...
Short throw shifter with EGA shift ****.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Nice car!

Quick Reply: 9 months of ownership