C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical gremlin (another)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 08:42 AM
number10
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical gremlin (another)

Went out to use my 05 yesterday and got no response from the car-no reaction from unlock or hatch release, doors wouldn't open. Got the other fob from inside the house with same result.

Car is on battery tender 24/7 and it was showing a green light so I don't think it is a battery issue.

Did the key in space above license plate to open hatch and as soon as I turned it, the hatch opened, horn started going off and lights flashing. Hit the buttons on the fob and car shut up and now reacts normally. What the hell was that?

Any ideas???

Thx in advance.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Theft Deterrent is working..Normal
Old 11-14-2015, 09:40 AM
number10
Heel & Toe

Default question still open

Still wondering why the key fobs had no effect prior to sticking that key in. Neither fob did anything.

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
Theft Deterrent is working..Normal
Old 11-14-2015, 10:01 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by number10
Still wondering why the key fobs had no effect prior to sticking that key in. Neither fob did anything.
My 08 has done that a few times also, don't know why? Maybe someone will chime in that knows more then we do.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 PM
GASCAR
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by number10
Went out to use my 05 yesterday and got no response from the car-no reaction from unlock or hatch release, doors wouldn't open. Got the other fob from inside the house with same result.

Car is on battery tender 24/7 and it was showing a green light so I don't think it is a battery issue.

Did the key in space above license plate to open hatch and as soon as I turned it, the hatch opened, horn started going off and lights flashing. Hit the buttons on the fob and car shut up and now reacts normally. What the hell was that?

Any ideas???

Thx in advance.
My 2005 coupe has done that a few times. I open the unlocked door and it seems to clear it until the next time. Not sure why.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:25 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

After trying the drivers door, did you try the passenger door? The door pad on the drivers door might be involved here. As far as the horn goes, this is normal behavior. Any time a locked door or trunk is opened manually, without allowing the computer to do it, the horn will honk. It's not really an alarm system since it allows a window to be broken or the car to be pulled up onto a flatbed without notifying anyone...it's probably better than nothing.

Last edited by cclive; 11-15-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cclive
After trying the drivers door, did you try the passenger door? The door pad on the drivers door might be involved here. As far as the horn goes, this is normal behavior. Any time a locked door or trunk is opened manually, without allowing the computer to do it, the horn will honk. It's not really an alarm system since it allows a window to be broken or the car to be pulled up onto a flatbed without notifying anyone...it's probably better than nothing.
When that happened on my 08 the horns are honking and lights flashing,same has when you push the Panic button on the Fob.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

That's what I was thinkin'.....
Old 11-15-2015, 01:59 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
That's what I was thinkin'.....
Breaking a window does nothing unless you reach down and pull the lever to open the door so the thief can take what he wants and runs like hell because the horns are Blasting.(Only When a Fob is Not near the vette....I Think"
Old 11-16-2015, 09:57 AM
number10
Heel & Toe

Default No, but...

I didn't try the passenger door due to the way the car is parked, backed into the garage passenger side against the wall.
Nothing functioned though, typically the tail lights will flash when you lock/unlock the car, not in this case. Also tried the hatch button and nothing had any effect.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:06 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Just a typical short term loss of communication in the system. Don't know why but most will do this. Only happened once on my 07 while in my garage.

There is a gas station I used to go to that had a surveillance system that interfered with the fob signal. Had to use the slot in the glove box to start the car. I no longer shop there.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical gremlin (another)

Quick Reply: Electrical gremlin (another)