C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP - Turn Sgnal / Daytime Running Light Dead

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 05:42 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP - Turn Sgnal / Daytime Running Light Dead

Hoping someone on the Forum has heard of this problem before ...

I posted about this last week but can't find the thread so I'll just continue here.

My front right turn signal / daytime running light is not working. There is no current to the daytime running light contact in the socket.

The front right evening running light does work in that same socket (dual element bulb). The emergency flasher works on rears and front left. When I turn on right turn signal, right rear flashes rapidly.

Bottom line is no current to the daytime running light side of the socket.

We removed wheel well shrouds to expose and trace wires back as far as possible, no current.

Is there any possible reason for this that anyone knows of if wiring looks good? (Can't find a turn signal fuse). Any help appreciated.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Here's a link to one of your other threads on the subject.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ignal-out.html

And here's another thread you posted on the subject.

Sorry I don't have any more help for you. Maybe there's something in one of those threads that you missed.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:57 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Here's a link to one of your other threads on the subject.

And here's another thread you posted on the subject.

Sorry I don't have any more help for you. Maybe there's something in one of those threads that you missed.
Yes, I saw those comments now. Can anyone tell me what number / where in the fuse box is the signal relay to replace? Also, Is there anything between the switched side of the relay all the way to the contact inside the bulb socket other than wire? Like another switch or fuse? Because if not I must have a broken wire. No current to running light side of socket, all grounds are good.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:48 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by rapido1
Yes, I saw those comments now. Can anyone tell me what number / where in the fuse box is the signal relay to replace? Also, Is there anything between the switched side of the relay all the way to the contact inside the bulb socket other than wire? Like another switch or fuse? Because if not I must have a broken wire. No current to running light side of socket, all grounds are good.
All I can do is provide you with color coded wiring diagrams via a PDF file. That may help you trace the circuit, and see what else you can check.
PM me your e-mail and I'll sent it out to you.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:46 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

PM sent
Old 12-17-2015, 02:20 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

Another thanks for you LV2, really appreciate the schematics. We learned the hot lead to the running light socket generates at the control module under passenger side kick panel. A buddy is coming over tomorrow to help me trace it. Stay warm and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-17-2015, 02:25 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Another thanks for you LV2, really appreciate the schematics. We learned the hot lead to the running light socket generates at the control module under passenger side kick panel. A buddy is coming over tomorrow to help me trace it. Stay warm and Merry Christmas!
I'm glad that the schematics helped you with the troubleshooting process
Your welcome, and Merry Christmas to you as well.
Keep us posted on what you find and the solution

Old 12-18-2015, 02:17 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

maybe this thread will help you out. That is if you are running rear LED lights.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rn-signal.html
Old 12-18-2015, 08:47 PM
rapido1
Intermediate

Thanks for remembering me! but I am not running LED's.

Again, thank you so much LV2 for the schematics you sent me.
I was successful in fixing my problem from the schematics locating the origin of the hot wire in question at the upper 72 pin connector under the passenger floor mat BCM panel. We were able to determine that somewhere in the wiring to the daytime running light socket there was a break. But so difficult to find exactly where, so we spliced in and ran a new hot wire direct to the socket and spliced in there. All good. Not factory but solved.
Not a common problem I'm sure, but most likely the result of a very expensive paint job I had done where all the major body panels were removed and replaced, and that must have caused this problem. Case closed! Long Live The Forum!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:04 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for remembering me! but I am not running LED's.

Again, thank you so much LV2 for the schematics you sent me.
I was successful in fixing my problem from the schematics locating the origin of the hot wire in question at the upper 72 pin connector under the passenger floor mat BCM panel. We were able to determine that somewhere in the wiring to the daytime running light socket there was a break. But so difficult to find exactly where, so we spliced in and ran a new hot wire direct to the socket and spliced in there. All good. Not factory but solved.
Not a common problem I'm sure, but most likely the result of a very expensive paint job I had done where all the major body panels were removed and replaced, and that must have caused this problem. Case closed! Long Live The Forum!
Great Job in tracing the issue. Probably a wire got pinched somewhere under the fender area, thus causing you the headache. Glad that you were to bypass the break and get things working again.

Have a Great Holiday Season.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP - Turn Sgnal / Daytime Running Light Dead

Quick Reply: HELP - Turn Sgnal / Daytime Running Light Dead