C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cow Boost Tune and 342's

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 04:03 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Cow Boost Tune and 342's

I must say this is the best I could ask for. I stopped by Chuck Cow and left with the biggest smile ever. You can't believe the difference. Had the Engine and Trans tune also the COW BOOSTER and a 342 installed. I am still getting use to it. Chuck You are the best. Thanks Bill K Willis
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (12-26-2015)
Old 12-26-2015, 05:05 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you my friend!

Originally Posted by bill K
I must say this is the best I could ask for. I stopped by Chuck Cow and left with the biggest smile ever. You can't believe the difference. Had the Engine and Trans tune also the COW BOOSTER and a 342 installed. I am still getting use to it. Chuck You are the best. Thanks Bill K Willis
Thank you my friend! My rear end package was always one of my most favorite mods.

People stupidly shop for "HORSEPOWER" as if that was the only valid "performance" type of mod.

I always make sure that you're properly advised before you mod as most often things you never would have

considered suddenly become reality as with the 3.42 package.

You would have to add a lot of horsepower and spend a lot of money just to give you the same "performance"

as our 3.42 rear end does. Quite, reliable, and FAST!

Thanks for the nice review!
Chuck CoW
Old 12-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I am doing this rear end also. Question, Can ya keep us updated on how the fuel mileage goes. And the RPM difference. In the city the aggressive gears are fun. On the HWY not so fun. It is a trade off.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:29 PM
bill K
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Proud Owner
I am doing this rear end also. Question, Can ya keep us updated on how the fuel mileage goes. And the RPM difference. In the city the aggressive gears are fun. On the HWY not so fun. It is a trade off.
At 70 I am up about 250 rpms. I am very happy even at highway speeds so responsive touch and go on the pedal. This is a must as far as I am concerned. Best mod ever for me. Combine it with a tune and Cow you can't believe the difference.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:33 PM
BROCKYJACK
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Bill...I am guessing you have the A6 tranny?
Old 12-26-2015, 06:47 PM
Proud Owner
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

At 70 I am up about 250 rpms. I am very happy even at highway speeds so responsive touch and go on the pedal. This is a must as far as I am concerned. Best mod ever for me. Combine it with a tune and Cow you can't believe the difference.
Not bad. I have done a couple rear diff. gear swaps on a couple times in my life. I am not doing this with the cow thing but doing thru a shop here in Dallas that specializes in gear swaps. I also picked up my Vitesse Throttle Controller today. Will install mañana. Thanks for feedback.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:52 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you!

Thank you! Typically, our 3.42 Rear End cruises at 70 MPH at 1,975 rpms and fuel mileage is not effected.

The reason is that with our rear end the rpms go up slightly BUT, engine load goes down because the rear end helps

move the car easier at the elevated rpms so the driver needs to apply LESS throttle and you save fuel.

Add to that the Amazing CoW BOOSTER! which has been proven to add between 1 and 3 mpg in Vettes and you're

fast as hell while still saving fuel.

While fuel mileage is usually not a concern for most vette owners, if it is actually we can use our autocal to change

the settings for even better economy when necessary....

For those that have decided to go elsewhere.....too bad.

If you talk nice to me I'll always take you back! and you'll have the ABSOLUTE BEST product available.

Thank you!
Chuck CoW

Old 12-26-2015, 07:03 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,348 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
...The reason is that with our rear end the rpms go up slightly BUT, engine load goes down because the rear end helps move the car easier at the elevated rpms so the driver needs to apply LESS throttle and you save fuel.
I do not claim to be an automotive technician but, using your logic I should get better mileage in 5th than 6th.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:08 PM
etaylor14
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I had my tune booster and 3:42s for a while now and still love them. I went from 28 mpg to 26 mpg on the highway but the difference in performance is well worth it. I think I tend to get on it a little more now than before. Thanks Chuck!
Chuck CoW (12-26-2015)
Old 12-26-2015, 07:14 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you Ed!

Originally Posted by etaylor14
I had my tune booster and 3:42s for a while now and still love them. I went from 28 mpg to 26 mpg on the highway but the difference in performance is well worth it. I think I tend to get on it a little more now than before. Thanks Chuck!
Thank you Ed!

Certainly it depends on how you drive.... I tune most cars like I did yours with the emphasis on PERFORMANCE.

If a customer is really dying over the 2mpg.... I can make some adjustments in the tune to make up for that pretty

easy, but again.... FAST is what Ed's got and FAST is what most wanted.

Between the CoW BOOSTER! and the 3.42 REAR END, you barely touch the gas and the car just goes.....

I've had supercharged C6's (stick) with 4.10s in the rear end get 30 MPG on the highway....

YES, it's totally possible if you know how to do it.

But, HEY.... You ain't drivin no PRIUS....Right?
Chuck CoW
Old 12-26-2015, 07:15 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Potentially.....YES.

Originally Posted by ruxvette
I do not claim to be an automotive technician but, using your logic I should get better mileage in 5th than 6th.
Potentially.....YES, but with a stock tune....(and No CoW BOOSTER!) it might be harder....

But give it a shot and let us know how you made out.

Chuck CoW
Old 12-26-2015, 08:38 PM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Bill you just made the same post on the 20th. Reporting to the mods for double post.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...chuck-cow.html
Old 12-27-2015, 05:14 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by GS057
Bill you just made the same post on the 20th. Reporting to the mods for double post.
Originally Posted by Proud Owner
Interesting. The more and more I read these reviews and what the cow thing does, I am so glad that I did not buy into this "Snake oil". Still waiting on my Pay Pal refund. Any other vendor would of submitted refund same day. But this is what ya get with Chuck.

The longer you've been on the forums the more obvious these games become. Damage control. Very predictable.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:16 AM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by GS057
I'm reporting you! Wow, they let sixth graders on here?
Chuck CoW (12-28-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To Cow Boost Tune and 342's

Quick Reply: Cow Boost Tune and 342's