C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod Prices are too darn high

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:57 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Why do you have to be careful w/their colors? I had a lot of their red leather goods in my old C6 & also in my current Speed6. All matches. If you mean something that matches a C6 body color, then no you most likely won't find that at Redline unless you talk to them directly about a custom order.
I had trouble with the Cashmere matching. The red leather matched my exterior colors perfectly though. I also noticed slight differences when I ordered the same colors but at different times. I imagine the dye process or quality of leather could effect this.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaime-Corvette
I'm guessing yours is tintcoat just like my jetstream blue. I think crystal red jetstream blue and atomic orange were the only tintcoat colors which are hard to replicate. Either way i want placing to do car color in the interior. Mostly trying to keep it original as possible. Interior wise
Yea, if you were going into it for body color match, that's on you. They don't claim to match. I knew my armrest orange would not match AO. A color match on that was not worth $200+ more to me

Last edited by Never-Enough; 01-08-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
I had trouble with the Cashmere matching. The red leather matched my exterior colors perfectly though. I also noticed slight differences when I ordered the same colors but at different times. I imagine the dye process or quality of leather could effect this.
I've ordered at different times too & never saw a color difference. Maybe they changed suppliers when you ordered?

Last edited by Never-Enough; 01-08-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:21 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
I've ordered at different times too & never saw a color difference. Maybe they changed suppliers when you ordered?
It's possible. It did seem like the leather was better quality on my most recent order. They have always been good to deal with so not an issue for me. I've changed out the design/color of my interior leather a few times and thanks to their prices, my wife hasn't disowned me.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:49 AM
*Trip*
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by travbjork
Hey y'all,

So I've been looking at various mods and putting a little cash into my car, but... do you ever feel like they're gouging us for being Corvette owners?

I feel like a good example is this -
http://shop.aprperformance.com/index...&product_id=87

It's a CF Spoiler, super simple, small, easy to install. I feel $200-300 would be comfortable, but $800?

For comparison, an entire HUD unit with switches and harness is only $450. (+install of course, but you can judge how much your time is worth.)

With all that said, do you guys have a 1-stop-shop for all your gear? Feel free to share links! I'll pay what I have to, but I feel like the things I Google aren't favoring my results, just hating on my wallet haha

Thanks! (I'm on an allowance haha)
This thread got hijacked in all kinds of directions.... So back to the original topic.....I have been happy with all my dealings with West coast corvettes, RPI, cultrag, and plenty more forum vendors, but I always keep them honest on the pricing by checking eBay, Amazon, Google searches.... Just takes a few minutes...I can't say there is one source that has THE best deals..... Allot of the products are exactly the same, so maybe some free shipping or a forum discount code may get you a better deal.... Not many bad vendors can last around here.... And they are paying to be here, so if the numbers are close, they get my biz... But if the exact same thing from an internet search is a real discount, I have to go outside the forum....

Sometimes the repetitive advertising here can be too much, but you get a Lil blind to it after a while.....
Old 01-10-2016, 11:56 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

wow I can't believe I read all of this.

To answer your question YES we get ripped every day on aftermarket Mods. ie: parts I buy for my Camaro might be $50 and the same part (made in china) would be $150, they rob us blind. If they lowered the price they would sell more, simple. Things I want if I cannot find a reasonable deal I make them myself. I was looking at chrome trim for the rear defuser and around the tail lights and I found them for around $120. I went to advance and bought the same trim in a roll for $16 and cut it myself. I don't mind paying for a service I just don't like feeling like I just got $@#*&^ and no one kissed me.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:24 PM
WCC JOE
Supporting Vendor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
Forum vendor WWC, West Coast Corvette. Excellent service and products.
Thanks Don, we appreciate it.

-JOE@WCC
Old 01-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1121
wow I can't believe I read all of this.

To answer your question YES we get ripped every day on aftermarket Mods. ie: parts I buy for my Camaro might be $50 and the same part (made in china) would be $150, they rob us blind. If they lowered the price they would sell more, simple. Things I want if I cannot find a reasonable deal I make them myself. I was looking at chrome trim for the rear defuser and around the tail lights and I found them for around $120. I went to advance and bought the same trim in a roll for $16 and cut it myself. I don't mind paying for a service I just don't like feeling like I just got $@#*&^ and no one kissed me.
Exactly, I have done around three little mods, small ones but I saved at least, at least, 50% over what was being sold by our vendors !!!!
It just doesn't make sense, we are not stupid. And yeah, I do shop the internet and EBay
NSF
Old 01-23-2016, 12:20 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kent1999
Nah, I just enjoyed the irony.

Somethings I've learned from being a geezer: to NOT get twisted about anything posted on the web, and also to not forget to eat more fiber! LOL
Sure fooled me.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:32 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Not So Smart
Solution *** Ignore list*** I have 4 members on mine
NSF
Yeah, let's review this if I may. After I called you out on $hitting on a solemn December 7th, Pearl Harbor dedication thread for America's dead, you decided to boast to everyone as if you're a victim... Hmm, okay.

Actually, ignore works both ways. For cowards like you, I get to call you out like the scared, dried up vagina you are and you just get to continue your life as clueless as you've always been.

Last edited by Tropicana; 01-23-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by windyC6
I haven't been paying high prices for Corvette parts for over 40 years cause i'm stupid.
If I may offer a contrary opinion for a moment....

Quick Reply: Mod Prices are too darn high