C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAQ LG Motorsports C6 Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:41 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default FAQ LG Motorsports C6 Headers

Hi all,

We get a lot of calls about our headers every day about what might be right for me and my car, or what all comes with your header kit?

So I thought this would be a good time to go over our header kits and what they have to offer and your choices.

FAQ
1. Can I get high flow cats with your kit?
A. Yes you certainly can. Unlike some other kits we have made ours to be modular so you can replace your cats, install off-road pipes, or upgrade an off-road system later without having to purchase the entire X pipe.

2. Can I use my stock mufflers?
A. Yes all of our kits are designed to work with OEM or OEM replacement mufflers including Corsa, Borla, B&B, and GHL just to name a few

3. Can I add cats later?
A. Yes you sure can. We keep cats in stock and you can always add them in at any time buy just purchasing the cats

4. Do you include gaskets?
A. Yes all of our systems now come with GM gaskets to provide the best seal at no extra cost. Prior this was only Pro kits.

5. Do you include 02 extensions or do I need to buy them?
A. Yes 02 extensions and/or adapters are included as needed for your application.

6. Do I need to tune my car?
A. With any long tube header you should always tune for the best performance but it is ok to drive the car to a tuner if you are doing the install yourself.

7. Which header is right for me?
A. Depends on your build what would be the best to fit into your build/budget. In general for most bolt on/mild cam packages the Street Series is all you would need. Those making up to 525 rwhp should look at our 1 3/4" Super Pro's and those over 525 rwhp should use the 1 7/8" Super Pro

8. Is there a time when a C6Z would ever use a 1 3/4?
A. Not often but those looking for a lot of low and mid range torque, you will see larger gains in those areas with the longer tube/smaller primary design of the 1 3/4. Those looking for mid to top end power, or more radical combo's should go with the larger 1 7/8"

9. Do I need special plug wires or heat shields?
A. No, you can use your stock wires and metal heat shields with our headers with no issues. We do offer extra protection shields however if you would like.

10. Do you offer coated headers?
A. We can have any of our systems coated by Jet Hot coatings in any number of colors and finishes that they offer. We do not stock them this way but can offer this to you.

11. Is your system stainless?
A. Yes all of the piping on our kits is stainless steel, not just the headers.

12. What is the difference between the Street Series and Super Pro?
A. Both the 1 3/4 Super Pro and Street series share primary pipe size and length. The Pro's give you a full merge collector vs the std 4 into 1 collector that the Street uses. The Pro's also have a full 3" diameter mid pipe vs the 2.5 OEM size of the Street Series. The Pro's use a higher flowing Siamese X pipe design vs the chamber X of the Street. All of this combines into helping make more HP in the upper RPM ranges for the Pro system and for more HP builds.

Finally. Like all LG headers, these are covered with a limited life time guarantee against any defects to the original buyer.

***NOTE C6 1 7/8 NOT SHOWN BELOW***

DON'T FORGET TO SAY YOU ARE A FORM MEMBER FOR DISCOUNTS TOO!

Last edited by Anthony @ LGMotorsports; 01-22-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:58 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Two Guys Garage goes inside and install of our headers on a C6 LS2 Corvette

Quick Reply: FAQ LG Motorsports C6 Headers