***ALL NEW LED fog lights for C6: NOT a bulb swap*** - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***ALL NEW LED fog lights for C6: NOT a bulb swap***

Old 01-26-2016, 12:59 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Default ***ALL NEW LED fog lights for C6: NOT a bulb swap***

UPDATE: 7-7-16

The Project with Morimoto has fallen through. Due to the large size of the C6 fog light, Morimoto wants a staggering investment for custom tooling that would not include production costs. (they can't simply use the existing machines like they have on many other models)

We are pursuing the same idea from another manufacturer that will have the same aesthetic and performance qualities. Being back in the R&D stage, there is no set deadlines for production or even a cost at this point.

Those of you who have given deposits may request a refund or allow your deposit to remain on file. When these lights DO go into production, people with deposits on file will still be first in line and the original sale price will be honored even if the retail price ends up being higher. If you would like a refund, email: [email protected] with your order number. If I do not receive an email, I will assume you want to leave your deposit on file until I hear otherwise.

Radioflyer Innovations is working to to produce the world's first True LED fog light for the C6 corvette. This is NOT a simple bulb replacement but an entire housing based on the morimoto XB series fog lights.

This light will not only be aesthetically pleasing (replacing the current giant chrome reflector light with a smooth black housing and a illumination color that matches the headlights) But also provide superior performance with a purpose-built fog light pattern.

Shown below are the description and photos of the closest comparison of current XB LED fog lights (07-13 Silverado) to give you an idea of the style and quality.
Three Philips Luxeon-T 5000K LED's produce around 1200 raw lumens per side. The Kuria projector based optics inside concentrate a total of 2400 lumens of pure white light into a beam that's super wide and perfectly distributed for use as a fog light. These will be SAE, DOT, and ECE approved.

A durable (UV-Resistant) polycarbonate lens should resist the test of time, keeping the housings looking new. The powder-coated cast aluminum housing is light-weight and much stronger than comparable plastic alternatives. Doubling as the heat-sink for the LED's, the housings completely protect the internals from moisture and road debris.

The XB LED Fogs are designed to work without any special wiring. They will plug into the factory power outlets for the stock fog lights and each fog light includes all necessary connectors, rubber seals, and pigtails for a plug n play install. These are Weather Rated IP67 Waterproof.

Rough rendering for aesthetic consideration: (silverado lights photo-shopped into C6 driver's location)

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer; 07-07-2016 at 12:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRadioFlyer For This Useful Post:
GA$$MAN (03-07-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Sydwayz
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '18

Any plans for a C5 product of same caliber?
Old 01-26-2016, 02:54 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
Any plans for a C5 product of same caliber?
The demand for such a product is minimal considering the simple alternative of installing an HID bulb in the C5 fog light and getting higher output while retaining an effective pattern.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:57 PM
Jose2SS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer View Post
Radioflyer Innovations is teaming up with The Retrofit Source to produce the world's first True LED fog light for the C6 corvette. This is NOT a simple bulb replacement but an entire housing based on the morimoto XB series fog lights.

This light will not only be aesthetically pleasing (replacing the current giant chrome reflector light with a smooth black housing and a illumination color that matches the headlights) But also provide superior performance with a purpose-built fog light pattern.

Shown below are the description and photos of the closest comparison of current XB LED fog lights (07-13 Silverado) to give you an idea of the style and quality.
Three Philips Luxeon-T 5000K LED's produce around 1200 raw lumens per side. The Kuria projector based optics inside concentrate a total of 2400 lumens of pure white light into a beam that's super wide and perfectly distributed for use as a fog light. These will be SAE, DOT, and ECE approved.

A durable (UV-Resistant) polycarbonate lens should resist the test of time, keeping the housings looking new. The powder-coated cast aluminum housing is light-weight and much stronger than comparable plastic alternatives. Doubling as the heat-sink for the LED's, the housings completely protect the internals from moisture and road debris.

The XB LED Fogs are designed to work without any special wiring. They will plug into the factory power outlets for the stock fog lights and each fog light includes all necessary connectors, rubber seals, and pigtails for a plug n play install. These are Weather Rated IP67 Waterproof.

Because of the tremendous startup cost for a venture like this, We need a minimum of 150 buyers before we can begin production. Here is the plan.

Price for a matched Pair would be $250.

Pre-production schedule is as follows:
Stage 1: After 20 replies of "definitely interested" (or similar response) I will open up a pre-sale for these lights. (see stage 2)

Stage 2: To reward their confidence, Pre-sale customers will receive a special price of $200 for their kit. At least 150 sales of these are required to begin production. Production (best guess) is scheduled to take 3 months from the time when we reach our pre-sale mark.

Stage 3: Once the 150 sale mark is hit, we will begin production. We will allow customers to continue purchasing at the pre-sale price until production is completed and kits begin to ship. Once kits have been shipped to all pre-sale buyers, the price will return to $250.

Let me know what you think.
Hello, if it's plug and play, count me in 100%. I have purchased from you and the quality has been always exceptional!!!

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:12 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Jose2SS View Post
Hello, if it's plug and play, count me in 100%. I have purchased from you and the quality has been always exceptional!!!

Thanks.
PNP and Bolt on!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:36 PM
GS057
CF Senior Member

2018 C6 of Year Finalist

I am interested.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:48 PM
biker1059
CF Senior Member

I'm in, put me on the list. Thank you
Old 01-26-2016, 08:05 PM
vettesrus
CF Senior Member

I'm in!!
What is your warranty?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:25 PM
pokerpro
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C6 of Year Finalist

It would be helpful to see these lights installed in order to make an informed decision.

The look seems to be pretty much the same except for the chrome as you previously stated, as well as the shape of the bulb.

Now if you can produce a fog light for a C6 that looks like this, then you can count me in at any price.
Attached Images  

Last edited by pokerpro; 01-26-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:37 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by vettesrus View Post
I'm in!!
What is your warranty?
Officially tba. However the Silverado lights have a 10 year warranty. We will need to discuss how the warranty is to be handled on these new lights before we make a time frame official.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:40 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
It would be helpful to see these lights installed in order to make an informed decision.

The look seems to be pretty much the same except for the chrome as you previously stated, as well as the shape of the bulb.

Now if you can produce a fog light for a C6 that looks like this, then you can count me in at any price.

These can be vulture but would cost over $700 in parts alone making them cost prohibitive to most buyers.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:35 AM
pokerpro
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C6 of Year Finalist

These can be vulture but would cost over $700 in parts alone making them cost prohibitive to most buyers.
Do you know where they can be obtained or who sells them?
Old 01-27-2016, 08:22 AM
07MontyRed
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-18

Pending a good photo of how they look installed, I'd be interested.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:21 AM
psheldon

PNP/bolt on - sounds like win-win. An installed pic would be nice, but I'm definitely interested.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:51 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Do you know where they can be obtained or who sells them?
The photo you've shown is only the second one I've seen of this setup making me think it's a hand-built custom. I have some detailed photos of the build but can't seem to reference where they came from.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Rough rendering on a C6 attached to the original post.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:45 PM
LOW01
CF Senior Member

Love the looks! Put me down on the list.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Lonestar13
CF Member

Radioflyer Innovations is teaming up with The Retrofit Source to produce the world's first True LED fog light for the C6 corvette. This is NOT a simple bulb replacement but an entire housing based on the morimoto XB series fog lights.

Rough rendering for aesthetic consideration: (silverado lights photo-shopped into C6 driver's location)

Because of the tremendous startup cost for a venture like this, We need a minimum of 150 buyers before we can begin production. Here is the plan.

Price for a matched Pair would be $250.

Pre-production schedule is as follows:
Stage 1: After 20 replies of "definitely interested" (or similar response) I will open up a pre-sale for these lights. (see stage 2)

Interested persons:
1. Jose2SS
2. GS057
3. Biker1059
4. Vettesrus
5. psheldon
6. Lonestar13

Stage 2: To reward their confidence, Pre-sale customers will receive a special price of $200 for their kit. At least 150 sales of these are required to begin production. Production (best guess) is scheduled to take 3 months from the time when we reach our pre-sale mark.

Stage 3: Once the 150 sale mark is hit, we will begin production. We will allow customers to continue purchasing at the pre-sale price until production is completed and kits begin to ship. Once kits have been shipped to all pre-sale buyers, the price will return to $250.

Let me know what you think.
I'm in
Old 01-27-2016, 10:46 PM
miker94
CF Member

Put me down for set.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2016, 10:50 PM
Xtremespeed
CF Senior Member

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS

Interested!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***ALL NEW LED fog lights for C6: NOT a bulb swap***

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: