C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your C6 this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 12:49 PM
leebay
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 382 Posts

Installed the remote mild to wild exhaust, easy peasy
Old 04-09-2024, 10:18 PM
TwentySix
Instructor

Received 127 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by leebay
Installed the remote mild to wild exhaust, easy peasy

Probably paid too much for it. Someone said there was a cheaper option on the FS forums right now....

So nice to see clean exhaust tips on such beautiful machines.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:21 PM
PMPerformance
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 309 Posts

Started my LT install…… well stock uninstall atleast

Old 04-10-2024, 07:09 AM
tektrans
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteVinnie
Rolled it into my buddy's workshop and started gathering everything needed for new headlights, new head unit, new (to me) wheels with new tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP), new brakes (to be ordered) and some miscellaneous maintenance items (like checking to see if the tonneau is hitting the top).

You win!!!!!!! Lol, quite a list, all good stuff!!
The following users liked this post:
VetteVinnie (04-10-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 08:28 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Finally got the Powerstop extreme pads and slotted and drilled rotors installed, front only.
Old 04-17-2024, 08:58 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Finally got the Powerstop extreme pads and slotted and drilled rotors installed, front only.
That’s exactly what I just installed on mine over the weekend. Bleeding the system Friday and then moving on to the headlights and tail lights.
The following users liked this post:
ByByBMW (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
???
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Probably paid too much for it. Someone said there was a cheaper option on the FS forums right now....

So nice to see clean exhaust tips on such beautiful machines.
I have no idea how his tips are that clean lol. e85 car?

I did a exhaust switch with a 3$ toggle switch and 2 fuse taps. mounted it in the glove box. the price for the mild to wild has always been baffling to me. it's literally a 6$ China relay board and remote, with a some wires.

I honestly find myself never tuning the flaps off unless it's to show someone how it works. I must be getting old haha exhaust drone is blah.
Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM
FatsWaller
Safety Car

Received 1,763 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Originally Posted by ???
I have no idea how his tips are that clean lol. e85 car?

I did a exhaust switch with a 3$ toggle switch and 2 fuse taps. mounted it in the glove box. the price for the mild to wild has always been baffling to me. it's literally a 6$ China relay board and remote, with a some wires.

I honestly find myself never tuning the flaps off unless it's to show someone how it works. I must be getting old haha exhaust drone is blah.
No doubt the M2W unit could be easily cloned for a lot less, but not $6 and a couple of wires. The Logysis controller with remotes is $20, and then you need an add-a-fuse, some crimp connectors or soldering tools plus some shrink wrap tubing and also a fuse tap. I’ve got all the minor bits lying around from other projects, plus all of the tools needed, but I’d still need the control unit, fuse tap, and add/a-fuse, so maybe $25. But then there’s my time. I’m pretty sure they’re all hand assembled, too. You could probably put one together and test it in 15 minutes, but if I were making them to sell, I’d probably want $20 for my time, so the price for the commercial product to me is not out of line.
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
???
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FatsWaller
No doubt the M2W unit could be easily cloned for a lot less, but not $6 and a couple of wires. The Logysis controller with remotes is $20, and then you need an add-a-fuse, some crimp connectors or soldering tools plus some shrink wrap tubing and also a fuse tap. I’ve got all the minor bits lying around from other projects, plus all of the tools needed, but I’d still need the control unit, fuse tap, and add/a-fuse, so maybe $25. But then there’s my time. I’m pretty sure they’re all hand assembled, too. You could probably put one together and test it in 15 minutes, but if I were making them to sell, I’d probably want $20 for my time, so the price for the commercial product to me is not out of line.

OK, I might have over exaggerated at 6$ but you get it.

I honestly don't even like the remote thing. small toggel in the glove box is better to me.

when I say cheap wireless board I was thinking of these type.

I've honestly only see one mild to wild kit a buddy had before I got my car, I looked up buying one when I got mine and that you just need to switch power to a fuse that's already inside the car and said nah. not for me.

but get it, I've definitely bought stuff that doesn't make sense to other people, like a full sound dampening kit for more money than it's worth, because it was pre cut. most want their cars louder not quieter. I could never justify that purchase.
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
CaliC6Vette
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Did oil/filter change and air filters. All good and super easy.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your C6 this weekend?