C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag racing slick setup advice request, help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 09:45 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Drag racing slick setup advice request, help.

So i have a 700+ HP C6, i am wanting to get a cheaper set of rear wheels with slicks for her. I am wondering what is a cheaper way to do this? I do not care about the looks or color.

What would the difference be in performance if i did a 18" rear wheel with a full slick vs throwing on DOT street legal slicks on my stock 19" rear as far as 60' on a prepped track. Is it worth the hassle swapping them out for the track or are they pretty close to having the same bite?
What 60 foot times would i expect and what air pressure is optimal? I do have a twin disk, pro charger etc etc.

Also, is there setup i can also throw on a c7 coupe? I may build a c7 coupe in the future and would like if i could just keep the setup and swap them between cars if that is possible? Do they or can they be swapped from c6 to c7 coupe? Would i want the same size tire? Opinions?? Anyone selling a used or setup for a good price? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:17 AM
SLEEPERBUSA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure the only drag slick you'll find is a 17" diameter or smaller
Old 05-13-2016, 07:14 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

There are slicks in 18 and 19in as well, but the ones I've seen are for road courses. Pretty sure that C6 and C7 sizes could be interchanged.
I think that a smaller diameter tire would perform better as you'll gain more sidewall to help you with that elusive initial bite.
I want to use a dot drag tire on my car as well in 19in as the nitto invo I have spin easily, but if I was commited, I should really go down in size.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:09 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Can anyone else give me more specific's?
Old 05-17-2016, 12:49 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by badass1g
Can anyone else give me more specific's?
C5Z06 fronts or C4 A-molds, sawblades, or salad spinners in 17 x 9.5 size wheels with Hoosier 315's for the track unless you also have to drive on the street and then use MT. 15-18 psi depending on power and prep.
Be aware that any drag tire you use on the street won't last very long, so keep the stock tires and avoid using race tires for daily duty.

Get notified of new replies

To Drag racing slick setup advice request, help.

Quick Reply: Drag racing slick setup advice request, help.