C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a failure as a Father......

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:27 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by billyboy47
You are talking stock corvette, right?
Stock, Z06, ZR-1, Modded... doesn't really matter. There's also 10 and 11 second diesel pickup trucks. If you think Corvettes are actually fast, you're willfully ignorant.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:37 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
Stock, Z06, ZR-1, Modded... doesn't really matter. There's also 10 and 11 second diesel pickup trucks. If you think Corvettes are actually fast, you're willfully ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9YuAKr-taA
No, your willfully ignorant because I could care less about diesels and pickup trucks. And corvettes actually are fast, just not the fastest. And I knew that before you were born, sonny.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:06 PM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

No, your willfully ignorant because I could care less about diesels and pickup trucks. And corvettes actually are fast, just not the fastest. And I knew that before you were born, sonny.
Couldn't*
Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by let er eat
Couldn't*
" couldn't care less" right.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:24 PM
let er eat
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

" couldn't care less" right.
So the phrase is intended to imply to the listening party(s) that the speaker has absolutely no interest in the subject at hand...by using could, it insinuates that there is actually some interest in the subject as the speaker "could" care less.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:33 AM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I worked for the Subaru factory Rally Team for many years... and drove a C4 Corvette for more than a few of those years. I took some good humored ribbing "You've got to be the only guy into Rally Racing that drives a Corvette" from guys on the team and for many years. I drove an Audi in the winter (AWD in the snow HELL YES!!) and the Corvette in the summer (Nothing like cruising in a 'vette with the top off/down in the summer).

All in all, let him find his own path. The Subaru is an awesome enthusiasts car with a strong following. I can tell you from first hand experience meeting literately thousands of Subaru enthusiasts they are awesome people. He'll be in good company. I've literally owned too may sports cars to count. It's the people that count. He'll find his own path.

Quick Reply: I'm a failure as a Father......