C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat bolsters not holding pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 03:21 PM
NMJoe
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Seat bolsters not holding pressure

Hi all,
I just noticed that the side bolsters on my driver's seat will not hold pressure. I normally don't adjust them, but did on my way home last night and within 30 seconds it deflates to a point that there is no longer contact with my torso.

The car is a 2012 GS CE with almost 7,000 miles on the clock.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what was the fix? I have two months left on my CPO one year warranty, but would rather not take it in if there is troubleshooting and repair I can do on my own.

Thanks,

NMJ
Old 06-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 87 Posts

Likely an issue with either the tubing or the couplers connecting the bladders to the hose line inside the seat.... Only way to know for sure is pull the seats and remove the leather seat skin and foam and take a look.... Sounds like this has to be it as they do inflate when you hit the button but just won't hold air.... You can repair this with blood pressure cuf bladders or new hose lines/ couplers depending on the issue.I did a little write up hat included this fix when I put new skins on my C5 seats....

Here is a link
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eat-skins.html

Tyler

Last edited by Tyler_RN_EMT; 06-06-2016 at 06:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NMJoe (06-06-2016)
Old 06-06-2016, 08:07 PM
NMJoe
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler_RN_EMT
Likely an issue with either the tubing or the couplers connecting the bladders to the hose line inside the seat.... Only way to know for sure is pull the seats and remove the leather seat skin and foam and take a look.... Sounds like this has to be it as they do inflate when you hit the button but just won't hold air.... You can repair this with blood pressure cuf bladders or new hose lines/ couplers depending on the issue.I did a little write up hat included this fix when I put new skins on my C5 seats....

Here is a link
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eat-skins.html

Tyler
Thank you so much!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:37 PM
CHEV AGAIN
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NMJoe
Hi all,
I just noticed that the side bolsters on my driver's seat will not hold pressure. I normally don't adjust them, but did on my way home last night and within 30 seconds it deflates to a point that there is no longer contact with my torso.

The car is a 2012 GS CE with almost 7,000 miles on the clock.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what was the fix? I have two months left on my CPO one year warranty, but would rather not take it in if there is troubleshooting and repair I can do on my own.

Thanks,

NMJ
You can remove the center seat back and get a pretty good look at the bolsters assembly, one of the little hoses may have come loose.

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Seat bolsters not holding pressure

Quick Reply: Seat bolsters not holding pressure