C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight issue, recall done, fusebox replaced, still no dice

Old 06-27-2016, 10:21 PM
rollins23
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Headlight issue, recall done, fusebox replaced, still no dice

I have a 07 C6 with the lowbeam headlight problem.

Dealer performed recall, did not fix the problem.

I tried the fix from here, taking apart the fusebox and adding the new wire to the fusebox myself, did not fix it.

I ordered and installed a new fusebox, still not working.

Lights blink with pressing fob, so the bulbs are working.

Dealer wants big $ to troubleshoot.

Any guidance on what I should look for next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

If it were me I would put it back the way it came out of the dealer, take it back, and tell them whatever they repaired did not remedy the problem.
Just sayin...
The following users liked this post:
Landru (06-28-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:48 PM
rollins23
8th Gear

Headlights were inop before I went to dealer. I hoped the recall would fix it. When it didn't they told me I needed a new fusebox.....
Old 06-27-2016, 10:56 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by rollins23
Headlights were inop before I went to dealer. I hoped the recall would fix it. When it didn't they told me I needed a new fusebox.....
If the lights blink when pressing the fob, then I don't get the connection to the fuse box replacement. Sounds like there is a live circuit to the lights. More than likely you have a failure at the stalk switch or harness from it.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:36 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Insist that the dealer fix it.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I guess you didn't have a choice since you were having the problem. Mine in my 2012 are fine. Last year and this year when the car was in for its annual oil change, they wanted to do the recall. Both times I refused.

Sorry but I can't help you. Sound to me like the dealer has to fix it. Open up a case with corporate GM, and see what happens. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

I have a 07 C6 with the lowbeam headlight problem.

Dealer performed recall, did not fix the problem.

I tried the fix from here, taking apart the fusebox and adding the new wire to the fusebox myself, did not fix it.

I ordered and installed a new fusebox, still not working.

Lights blink with pressing fob, so the bulbs are working.

Dealer wants big $ to troubleshoot.

Any guidance on what I should look for next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello rollins23,

We regret to learn of your headlight concern and can imagine how frustrating this must be. Repeat concerns can be quite the inconvenience, especially when multiple dealer visits are required. To clarify, were you provided a quote for repairs or just for the diagnostic test fee? We would like to look into this further on our end to see what options are available. If interested, feel free to send us message including your VIN, involved dealer, and mileage and contact information.

Best,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-28-2016, 04:51 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
I guess you didn't have a choice since you were having the problem. Mine in my 2012 are fine. Last year and this year when the car was in for its annual oil change, they wanted to do the recall. Both times I refused.

Sorry but I can't help you. Sound to me like the dealer has to fix it. Open up a case with corporate GM, and see what happens. Good luck.

I did the stupid mistake of taking my car to the dealer yesterday for the recall, (my lights had no issues), anyway, I got the car back today and while driving to work, my cruise control is not working. I hesitated of taking it and looks what happens. So tomorrow will be another trip to the dealer !!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Originally Posted by corvette312
I did the stupid mistake of taking my car to the dealer yesterday for the recall, (my lights had no issues), anyway, I got the car back today and while driving to work, my cruise control is not working. I hesitated of taking it and looks what happens. So tomorrow will be another trip to the dealer !!!!
Hi corvette312,

We’re sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some concerns with your cruise control after visiting your dealership for your recall. We can certainly understand your frustrations, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. If you would be interested in an additional layer of assistance to look into this matter further, we’d be more than willing to get in contact with your dealer. Please don’t hesitate to send us a private message with any questions or additional details.

Have a great day,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-29-2016, 12:27 PM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,341 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Jeez, how'd that happen: most folks don't get ONE customer service response. You get TWO!!!
Must be our Corvettes are so issue free they are bored...
Old 06-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

That su*ks. I made sure I asked if there was any time limit on the fix. I was told no. I'll leave it until I have the problem or the next owner can have it done.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Jeez, how'd that happen: most folks don't get ONE customer service response. You get TWO!!!
Must be our Corvettes are so issue free they are bored...
That's two different people with different issues.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

I agree that the next place to check is the switch in the stalk. You would think this would occur to a Dealer before replacing the fuse box.

As far as the cruise control issue is concerned, mine had a hiccup and quit working too. I tried the battery disconnect/computer reset trick and then it started working correctly again.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:52 PM
rollins23
8th Gear

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will look into the switch next. I really hope that is the issue. Not being able to drive the car is making me nuts.

I also reached out to customer service on here so we'll see what happens with that.

As for the dealer (Win in Carson, CA), I did suggest/insist they fix the issue addressed in the recall but they deferred, telling me I had to take it up with Chevrolet. I tried that but never got anywhere.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:09 PM
07MontyRed
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 139 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13,'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Lifetime Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will look into the switch next. I really hope that is the issue. Not being able to drive the car is making me nuts.

I also reached out to customer service on here so we'll see what happens with that.

As for the dealer (Win in Carson, CA), I did suggest/insist they fix the issue addressed in the recall but they deferred, telling me I had to take it up with Chevrolet. I tried that but never got anywhere.
I had an issue with the fog lights the dealer could never solve. My non-dealer mechanic looked through the trouble codes and said there was a short in the stalk switch. I ordered a new stalk ($50) and put it in (15 minutes) and all was well. So it seems Tech II is able to tell when there is a short/open in the stalk ... but its a cheap and easy fix ... let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:06 PM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi corvette312,

We’re sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some concerns with your cruise control after visiting your dealership for your recall. We can certainly understand your frustrations, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. If you would be interested in an additional layer of assistance to look into this matter further, we’d be more than willing to get in contact with your dealer. Please don’t hesitate to send us a private message with any questions or additional details.

Have a great day,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Angela thamk you for the support. I had a very positive experience with the dealer today. They left (forgot) to connect the wires from the cruise control. It was a quick fix and they were very apologetic. That is all you can ask for. Just a human nature mistake. My car is driving great and I am a very happy, satisfied customer.
Again Thank You,
Nick
Old 06-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Angela thamk you for the support. I had a very positive experience with the dealer today. They left (forgot) to connect the wires from the cruise control. It was a quick fix and they were very apologetic. That is all you can ask for. Just a human nature mistake. My car is driving great and I am a very happy, satisfied customer.
Again Thank You,
Nick
You’re very welcome, Nick. I’m so glad to hear that you had a positive experience at your dealership, and that it was a quick fix. The experience of our customers is of the utmost importance, as we always strive to exceed your expectations. We hope you continue to enjoy your Corvette, and will be happy to help if you come across any other questions or concerns in the future!

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-30-2016, 03:47 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Should of pushed for free oil change having making you make second trip, and sloppy work to begin with, if you asked me. You were to nice.

Last edited by 1bdvet; 06-30-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:08 PM
rollins23
8th Gear

Got a response via private message that said they had already opened and closed a case that said that GM would do absolutely nothing to help me get my low beams fixed.

Good thing I just bought a brand new Volt a few months ago too. Nothing like brand loyalty being repaid with a kick in the *****....

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello rollins23,

We regret to learn of your headlight concern and can imagine how frustrating this must be. Repeat concerns can be quite the inconvenience, especially when multiple dealer visits are required. To clarify, were you provided a quote for repairs or just for the diagnostic test fee? We would like to look into this further on our end to see what options are available. If interested, feel free to send us message including your VIN, involved dealer, and mileage and contact information.

Best,

Erica W.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight issue, recall done, fusebox replaced, still no dice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight issue, recall done, fusebox replaced, still no dice