C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Series of misfortunate events today

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Azure
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Series of misfortunate events today

So my daily started to overheat about two days ago an I haven't had the chance to get to looking at it so I was forced into taking the corvette to work today. Along the way to work while driving on the highway a metal ramp from a trailer flew of the center median and plowed into the front of my car causing the front bumper to be destroyed, ripping through my tire and destroying the wheel, also putting a small hole into my fender. It honestly hit me so quickly I didn't even have a chance to see it. A couple of nice people that were driving behind me pulled over and had to give me a run down of it all. Now comes even a more frustrating part. I call my insurance and somehow the insurance agent that put my car onto my policy screwed up an its not on there. However, I already have insurance cards and the copy of my policy. So until they can figure that out they don't want to help me. Thanks geico.. Anyways just wanted to vent, it's been a long day.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Azure
Heel & Toe

Old 07-05-2016, 07:32 PM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Azure
So my daily started to overheat about two days ago an I haven't had the chance to get to looking at it so I was forced into taking the corvette to work today. Along the way to work while driving on the highway a metal ramp from a trailer flew of the center median and plowed into the front of my car causing the front bumper to be destroyed, ripping through my tire and destroying the wheel, also putting a small hole into my fender. It honestly hit me so quickly I didn't even have a chance to see it. A couple of nice people that were driving behind me pulled over and had to give me a run down of it all. Now comes even a more frustrating part. I call my insurance and somehow the insurance agent that put my car onto my policy screwed up an its not on there. However, I already have insurance cards and the copy of my policy. So until they can figure that out they don't want to help me. Thanks geico.. Anyways just wanted to vent, it's been a long day.
Does the Vette show up on any of your paperwork/billing?
Old 07-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Azure
Heel & Toe

I've only had the vette for a month and only had to pay my insurance once since then, it was almost directly after I put the car on there, I have my insurance automatically withdrawn from my account so I don't necessarily see any paperwork on it, but looked earlier and the price that was withdrawn from my account looks like they only charged me for my two other cars. Even if I would have seen that before I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. Considering the vette only had been on there a couple days before.

But the insurance cards I have do have the vette and the vin number on them.

Last edited by Azure; 07-05-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:42 PM
RICH 28
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

Oh man that sucks, I sure hope everything works out well for you.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:46 PM
mhatton222
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry to hear about your incident- sounds like nothing you could do to avoid so very unfortunate.

Interesting your experience with GEICO- I have them and they screwed up my policy earlier this year. I had called in to get a quote for a car I was thinking about buying for my 16 year old son. I explained just wanting a quote to see how it would affect my policy. The customer service rep put it on my policy and removed a car that I actually did have! When I got a bill for the new policy I called in and they had no record of my call or who had added the car to my policy- yet there I was staring at a policy declaration page that somehow showed this new vehicle I never bought! Anyways- they seem to have some issues with their customer service.. think i will do some shopping around next time.

Hope they fix their mistake quickly and get your Vette back up right away.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

I would "assume" with the cards you will be ok. When you got the car registered/title work, it should have insurance company and.policy... glad you are ok
Old 07-05-2016, 07:53 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

That's some serious damage but man you got lucky. If that thing had hit your windshield you might not be here to talk about it. I hope you get GEICO to figure it out.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:07 PM
pagosawingnut
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

That really sucks! Hold their feet to the fire and make them get it fixed.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:11 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,296 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That sad that it happened! I would definitely have a new insurance man after this.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:18 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have the auto ID cards showing you reported the vehicle, and the cards were either issued by the agent or the carrier. You are fine, and it will be covered.

If for some reason your agent didn't report or forgot to report your vehicle to carrier, and the carrier chooses to screw their own agent, the agents Errors & Omissions policy would ultimately kick in for their error.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,292 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyC6
You have the auto ID cards showing you reported the vehicle, and the cards were either issued by the agent or the carrier. You are fine, and it will be covered.

If for some reason your agent didn't report or forgot to report your vehicle to carrier, and the carrier chooses to screw their own agent, the agents Errors & Omissions policy would ultimately kick in for their error.
Insurance cards are issued with the invoice. If you do not pay, the policy is not "in force" and the cards are not worth the paper they are printed on. I wouldn't be surprised if the policy has language making the policyholder responsible for premium payment even where the agent or company messes up. I'd be tense until this was resolved to my benefit.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Insurance cards are issued with the invoice.
Mine aren't.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

I know this sounds contrite but thank God that piece of metal didn't come in to your car. The car can and will get fixed but the alternative could have been much worse
Best of luck to you
NSF
Old 07-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Azure
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by RICH 28
Oh man that sucks, I sure hope everything works out well for you.
Appreciate it man, and me too

Originally Posted by mhatton222
Sorry to hear about your incident- sounds like nothing you could do to avoid so very unfortunate.

Interesting your experience with GEICO- I have them and they screwed up my policy earlier this year. I had called in to get a quote for a car I was thinking about buying for my 16 year old son. I explained just wanting a quote to see how it would affect my policy. The customer service rep put it on my policy and removed a car that I actually did have! When I got a bill for the new policy I called in and they had no record of my call or who had added the car to my policy- yet there I was staring at a policy declaration page that somehow showed this new vehicle I never bought! Anyways- they seem to have some issues with their customer service.. think i will do some shopping around next time.

Hope they fix their mistake quickly and get your Vette back up right away.
That's crazy man, I can't believe how ridiculous their customer service is. I really hope they don't screw me over for a mistake that was on their part.

Originally Posted by psp6158
I would "assume" with the cards you will be ok. When you got the car registered/title work, it should have insurance company and.policy... glad you are ok
Me too, especially with the proof of coverage and policy paper I have. I also just checked online and it shows the corvette on my policy so I don't understand how they can't find it.

Originally Posted by EVRose
That's some serious damage but man you got lucky. If that thing had hit your windshield you might not be here to talk about it. I hope you get GEICO to figure it out.
That's what I keep telling myself also, but its also a bummer to see my new car all banged up over something I had no control over.

Originally Posted by pagosawingnut
That really sucks! Hold their feet to the fire and make them get it fixed.
They were suppose to get back to me today and didn't so i'll be blowing their phones up with phone calls tomorrow until I have an answer.

Originally Posted by jrose7004
That sad that it happened! I would definitely have a new insurance man after this.
I will most definitely be on the look out for a new insurance to take care of me. For a company to drop the ball this bad is just unacceptable.

Originally Posted by CodyC6

I really hope this is true an I'm not paying for the mistake that's on their part. This is undoubtedly a problem made by the agent and would be unfair to leave me high and dry because of it.

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Insurance cards are issued with the invoice. If you do not pay, the policy is not "in force" and the cards are not worth the paper they are printed on. I wouldn't be surprised if the policy has language making the policyholder responsible for premium payment even where the agent or company messes up. I'd be tense until this was resolved to my benefit.
This is exactly what has me nervous, I did everything on my side and the error was obviously on theirs. I have all the paper work, the insurance cards, the actual policy itself. I even just checked the online website and it states the corvette is on their however I don't believe in my last payment they included it. I hope they don't screw me on something I didn't have control over.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Tommy1995
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry that happened to you.. but its good you are ok and able to walk away. I had an insurance company do the same crap to me.. had me driving around for over a month with no insurance. In a blizzard never the less. I was pissed. The tag office also fined me $300 something for a laps in insurance. Some real BS.. hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Proff
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did this happen? If you don't mind me asking, What city town region...?
Paul
Dallas

Get notified of new replies

To Series of misfortunate events today

Old 07-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Azure
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Proff
Where did this happen? If you don't mind me asking, What city town region...?
Paul
Dallas
In New braunfels, Tx
Old 07-05-2016, 09:42 PM
GS057
Safety Car

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Damn that sucks. I hate driving my Vette on I35 . To much bad **** happens on that interstate between Dallas and San Antonio.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:44 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Sorry about your experience - glad there are no injuries. If they hassle you too much, find a good lawyer.

Quick Reply: Series of misfortunate events today