C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold My Infiniti G37XS, would I like the C6 Corvette Grand Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:47 PM
Moe_Khan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold My Infiniti G37XS, would I like the C6 Corvette Grand Sport?

I wanted the corvette for the longest time, it's just became one of the cars that I had to have. So yesterday I sold my 2011 Infiniti G37x Sport Edition and a 2012 Corvette Grand Sport 1LT RED, that I been working with the buyer for about 2 weeks now and will be buying it this weekend.

Just as my dream will be reality, I am starting to have second thoughts about the 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. Upon the test drive, i wasn't impress with the interior at all, performance was great tho. Plus I have to get use to how low the car sits. I will be paying cash for the C6 Not sure if I should bite the bullet and get a C7 corvette which i will have to finance and also the depreciation factor scares me but I am sure it's not as bad as my Infiniti

Does anyone here went from a Infiniti to a C6 vette and regarded their decision? I will also need a winter beater. Wifey also hates the vette and is super pissed about me selling the Infiniti.
Attached Images   
Old 07-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Some people want to own an American icon, some don't and others only wish. You say it is a dream of yours for many years, why not make your dream come true? At least your off the "Rice"
Old 07-21-2016, 05:55 PM
JJLAI724
Pro

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

If you want a two seater with tons of HP, then yes. It's a completely different ride compared to the G37.

It's not going to have the bells and whistles like a luxury car. It's a performance sports car. It's made to go faster than the normal car. It's made to handle corners, and it's made for people to look at you at every stop light.

The Corvette is a luxury sports car.

Last edited by JJLAI724; 07-21-2016 at 05:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Moe_Khan (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Moe_Khan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
Some people want to own an American icon, some don't and others only wish. You say it is a dream of yours for many years, why not make your dream come true? At least your off the "Rice"
off the Rice LOL. I had a Mustang GT California special before and i absolutely love the raw power and torque. I think, I will go ahead with vette. Worse case, I'll get a C7 in a couple of years.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:59 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

The GS M6 coupe is a nice car. Automatic, not so much. The M6 coupe has dry sump, rear battery, etc.. You might be happier with a Grand Marquis.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:00 PM
extrapilot
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by JJLAI724
If you want a two seater with tons of HP, then yes. It's a completely different ride compared to the G37.

Take one for a test drive.
Get some real seat time, not just a quick run around the block.
Get in the twisties, highways, and report back to us....
Old 07-21-2016, 06:03 PM
enventr
Safety Car

Received 438 Likes on 397 Posts

If you want more features look at the 3 LT or 4LT package. You should also look at the new one for a comparison
Old 07-21-2016, 06:05 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,470 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

You could also look for a more well equipped GS, say a 2LT or 3LT trim version, and get some additional features?

If that doesn't compare to the G37x, then you could look into a Cadillac ATS-V, or CTS-V, and still keep 4 doors, performance, and luxury amenities?

Your money, and your choice, just realize ALL cars will depreciate over time, some more than others.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Fastone27
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I went form a New CTS-V loaded with all options to my first Vette about a year ago! Yes The V had all the bells and whistles and was fast but when I drove my base 09 Vette with 2lt (No nav, No bose, No HUD ,No heated seats etc, I missed some of those options I had in my V Plus I wanted a widebody , So I traded my Base in for a loaded Grand Sport and happy as I could be! So I think if you found a GrandSport with at least a the 3lt package you wouldn't feel so deprived , But any C6 is not going have as refined of an interior as your Sedan had. A C7 will certainly have a much nicer interior some have said they feel more confined in it, So you don't sound in Love with the Grand Sport you drove so walk away!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Moe_Khan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fastone27
I went form a New CTS-V loaded with all options to my first Vette about a year ago! Yes The V had all the bells and whistles and was fast but when I drove my base 09 Vette with 2lt (No nav, No bose, No HUD ,No heated seats etc, I missed some of those options I had in my V Plus I wanted a widebody , So I traded my Base in for a loaded Grand Sport and happy as I could be! So I think if you found a GrandSport with at least a the 3lt package you wouldn't feel so deprived , But any C6 is not going have as refined of an interior as your Sedan had. A C7 will certainly have a much nicer interior some have said they feel more confined in it, So you don't sound in Love with the Grand Sport you drove so walk away!
Appreciate all the responses here, you guys are awesome. I need a long test drive with this Grand sports maybe the long test drive will help. Or else 3lt will be worth the investment. This Grand sports that I am looking at only has 11k miles and yes 6 MT, been babied all its life plus I am getting it for a great price. I think I am due more test drives with different cars, back seat is definitely a big plus since I have 2 lil once and even though my wife has a Pathfinder, there are times when my back seats are used.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:07 PM
HBsurfer
Le Mans Master

Received 1,105 Likes on 706 Posts

Your wife hates the Corvette and you already know you do not like the interior. Why would you even consider buying the Corvette?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you don't like the interior I would go for the C7 with the Z51 package. Very similar driving experience to the Grand Sport with a very nice interior.

My mother in law has a G37 coupe. It's a nice car but remember the Infinity is a "Sporty Car" where the 'vette is a true sports car. They are very different cars. Also, the Infinity is very easy to get in and out of the 'vette not so much.

Last edited by Cyber Greg; 07-21-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:46 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Moe_Khan
Appreciate all the responses here, you guys are awesome. I need a long test drive with this Grand sports maybe the long test drive will help. Or else 3lt will be worth the investment. This Grand sports that I am looking at only has 11k miles and yes 6 MT, been babied all its life plus I am getting it for a great price. I think I am due more test drives with different cars, back seat is definitely a big plus since I have 2 lil once and even though my wife has a Pathfinder, there are times when my back seats are used.
Don't think you're supposed to put little ones in the Vette passenger seat because the air bag can't be turned off (unless the child and the car seat are very light weight, I think under 40 lbs). It's something to consider ad to check into.

And you certainly can't ride them around in the hatch. In fact, I heard just a few days ago on the news that a woman had been arrested for child abuse because she had her kids in the "trunk" of her Corvette.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:09 PM
snuggy
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
Don't think you're supposed to put little ones in the Vette passenger seat because the air bag can't be turned off (unless the child and the car seat are very light weight, I think under 40 lbs). It's something to consider ad to check into.

And you certainly can't ride them around in the hatch. In fact, I heard just a few days ago on the news that a woman had been arrested for child abuse because she had her kids in the "trunk" of her Corvette.
That's one reason why I opted for the 2005 as it still had the manual air bag kill switch in the glove box. My boy rides with me all the time in his proper car seat.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:11 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,432 Likes on 2,797 Posts

It all depends what you liked about the G37. If you liked the plushness and the steering in the G37, then no, you will not like the Corvette and will be one of the many, many people who own one for a short period of time and trade it. The interior (especially on a 1LT) is cheap, the car scrapes on EVERYTHING, tires will run you $1500-2000 a set every 30k miles, you will be paranoid about leaving it anywhere because it gets a ton of attention, and it's not super easy to park because it's super wide and hard to see out of except forward.

That said, I absolutely loved my GS. It was a great cruiser for someone who needs very little practicality and has a daily driver. I took it on vacations to the beach, out for nice dates, tracked it and loved it. Then I bought a C4, and realized that the C6 was too numb for me, and that my C4 was way more fun. The C6 is too fast to unleash on the streets, my C4 I could tear around town and have fun all while not doing felony level speeds.

This is what I would recommend. Go drive another C6. Then, go drive a new Camaro SS. Then, try to drive a last generation 1LE Camaro. Then, go drive some Mustang GTs, and a Challenger 392. You'll likely find that one of those will suit you better especially if your wife hates the Corvette and the kids won't fit in the back.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Don't give up on a C6 GS until you have driven a 3 or 4 LT
Old 07-21-2016, 10:46 PM
finewayne
Advanced

make your dream comes true Sir, start with 4LT package for great feature

Get notified of new replies

To Sold My Infiniti G37XS, would I like the C6 Corvette Grand Sport?

Old 07-21-2016, 10:49 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder
Don't give up on a C6 GS until you have driven a 3 or 4 LT
Do the 4LT drive different than the 1LTs?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:49 PM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Get that vette an mod the hell out of it lol. Anything you don't like change it, there are so many options for these cars. Some of these guys have killer interiors a must see.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 PM
C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
Do the 4LT drive different than the 1LTs?
so... by your question. you think you can just sit in a 1LT and a 4 LT and see and feel the difference? That is like not having sex before you marry the lovely lady.. your choice sir !

Last edited by C6 Snowboarder; 07-21-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Sold My Infiniti G37XS, would I like the C6 Corvette Grand Sport?