C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Battery

Old 07-26-2016, 11:07 PM
Lonestar13
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dead Battery

After all the negative posts about dealers, I thought I would post some good dealings with my dealer. After 2 yrs of no problems with my 2013 GS that I bought used, I experienced a problem with my top that I wanted the dealer to take a look at since I am nearing the end of my factory warranty.

I took it in and received it back the same day. Even though the car was clean, it had been vacuumed, the windows cleaned, and the top was fixed(so far). I took the car home, backed it in the garage, and it sat for a week.

Saturday morning I went out to awaken the beast. I got in, shut the door, the start button turned green, and I pushed it. Click, Click, Click, the dash went crazy, and my seat moved up, then everything went black.
Yep, I am locked in, but having read the owners manual I knew how to get out. From everything I had read on this forum I knew it was a battery problem.

Hooked up my charger, maintainer, and let it sit for a couple of hrs. It started right up and I drove it around for a while with no problems. I put the maintainer on it for the rest of the night, but the next day it was dead as a hammer.

I went to the dealer the next day and told them about the battery and not being able to start it. Since it was covered by warranty they said I had to bring the car in or have it towed, which they offered to do. I told them no way are you "pulling" my car out of my garage and trying to load it on a flat bed. I told the service manager, "let me save you some money and me a lot of time," give me a battery and I will change it. He said OK, bring me the battery, if it is bad we will replace it. Done.

The battery was bad, they replaced it, I reinstalled it, everything is works as it is supposed to.

My dealer is Lawrence Hall Chevrolet, Abilene, TX
The following users liked this post:
ruxvette (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 456 Likes on 322 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Lonestar13
After all the negative posts about dealers, I thought I would post some good dealings with my dealer. After 2 yrs of no problems with my 2013 GS that I bought used, I experienced a problem with my top that I wanted the dealer to take a look at since I am nearing the end of my factory warranty.

I took it in and received it back the same day. Even though the car was clean, it had been vacuumed, the windows cleaned, and the top was fixed(so far). I took the car home, backed it in the garage, and it sat for a week.

Saturday morning I went out to awaken the beast. I got in, shut the door, the start button turned green, and I pushed it. Click, Click, Click, the dash went crazy, and my seat moved up, then everything went black.
Yep, I am locked in, but having read the owners manual I knew how to get out. From everything I had read on this forum I knew it was a battery problem.

Hooked up my charger, maintainer, and let it sit for a couple of hrs. It started right up and I drove it around for a while with no problems. I put the maintainer on it for the rest of the night, but the next day it was dead as a hammer.

I went to the dealer the next day and told them about the battery and not being able to start it. Since it was covered by warranty they said I had to bring the car in or have it towed, which they offered to do. I told them no way are you "pulling" my car out of my garage and trying to load it on a flat bed. I told the service manager, "let me save you some money and me a lot of time," give me a battery and I will change it. He said OK, bring me the battery, if it is bad we will replace it. Done.

The battery was bad, they replaced it, I reinstalled it, everything is works as it is supposed to.

My dealer is Lawrence Hall Chevrolet, Abilene, TX
Since we are living with the cars, there are some things the Dealer doesn't understand. Since they are supposed to be the experts, there are some things some of us don't understand.

Seems a little common sense and communication between and by the two is sadly needed in some cases. Along with good intentions and a regard for fixing the problem rather than creating another one. JMO.

Your problem was a little less than some, but they were accommodating to your wishes on the tow and came to a simple compromise for both.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dead Battery