Notices
C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Xtreme Installed Yesterday

Old 08-27-2016, 09:00 AM
smokedbrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Xtreme Installed Yesterday

Just installed a set of Corsa Xtreme's on my '08 yesterday, all stock with an A6. I did a decent amount of research on these for about six months, and read a lot of threads on the forum about a variety of exhausts. Felt like I should give back just a bit.

The system sounds fantastic on my ride, could not be happier with the end result. Was initially concerned about possible drone issues with the A6, but so far I haven't observed any drone! Like many have said, could just be how I hear things.

Has a good bark on cold start, low rumble when cruising, and aggressive on acceleration.....everything that was promised by Corsa and previous reviews. Oh, and yes, there is decel "burble" but I'm a fan of that. Even took the wife (I think she drives the car more than I do!) for a drive and she had to admit that it sounded much better than stock, and not too (her words) "obnoxious". Finally, fitment/alignment looks great too.

Bought mine through RDP Motorsports right here on the forum, and they were fantastic as well. Good price and quick shipment!
Old 08-27-2016, 09:27 AM
watsonrb
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the same on my 11 GS along with Dynatech long tube headers. The sound is great, loud but not too loud. Everyone likes the sound. It really sets it apart from the rest. And the "burble" is cool. Especially when down shifting. And yes there is very little drone at all. Only when you bog it down at low speeds. But when you open her up with the top off it it really comes to life. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:07 PM
RadarP3C
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you put headers in front of the Xtremes, everything will stay the same (as others have commented) except, ... on wide open throttle, the exhaust sound really "explodes."

Last edited by RadarP3C; 08-27-2016 at 02:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dmoneychris (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 06:10 PM
dmoneychris
CF Senior Member

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Longtube headers & Corsa Xtreme will sound something like this (2008) :

Last edited by dmoneychris; 08-27-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corsa Xtreme Installed Yesterday

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: