C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 NPP on C6Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 10:19 AM
long_tall_texan
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Default C7 Z06 NPP on C6Z?

Has anyone dissected a C7 NPP muffler? Wondering what the inlet and outlet diameters are. Also wondering if the "open" side is a perforated tube like most C6 NPP or if it is a solid tube like C6 ZR1 and 12-13 NPP.

I'm curious, because I've been considering a C6 ZR1 exhaust swap on my 2007 Z06. But I ran across a smoking deal on C7 Z06 mufflers. I don't think I'd have much trouble manually wiring an open/close M2W type switch to actuate the butterfly valve on the C7 mufflers. Just curious if anyone has tried that yet.

and yes, i did search, but found nothing... If I missed it, please direct me. TIA for any insights.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:36 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Might be worth trying once you get the hangers in the right place. Assuming you get them hanging in the right spot I'd imagine an exhaust shop could figure out the alignment.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:51 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Two points to consider.
NPP is just an option code that exists to order a bi-mode exhaust system for cars that don't have one as standard equipment. Bi-mode is standard on the C7 Z06, C6 Z06, and C6 ZR1. It'll make your future investigations simpler by referring to all those mufflers as bi-mode.

If you found a deal on C7 bi-mode mufflers, give it a whirl. Somebody has to be the first to try stuff and you could be the one.

However, since you already have bi-mode on your Z06, why not just do the muffler mod that covers up the internal perforated pipe? I'd guess the labor time/expense would be similar and you'd have no purchase cost or electrical to figure out.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 NPP on C6Z?

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 NPP on C6Z?