C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is a C6 base corvette impressive for 22 yr old?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 02:36 PM
jimmymac25
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

You guys are a wreck!
Old 09-21-2016, 03:34 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettemuscle1
you mean their brother and sister? same thing whatever
C'mon, you almost had it.

Last edited by ZMan64; 09-21-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Skyfox16
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

man i love these threads..

but just from my experience (30 yrs old) chicks dig my bikes or airplane 1,000x more than they care about the vette, but im married now and she doesnt care about any of it haha figures.

but you'll get all sorts of bro attention about the car.
This^^^^ lol
Old 09-21-2016, 07:06 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

my favorite is the jacked up diesel trucks that always! want to race. i obviously entertain this but still.

Clif
Old 09-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Gheyest thread evar...
Old 09-21-2016, 11:37 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

yes i understand you can build anything. theres plenty of honda civics that do the same thing.. i just think its commical to have a "fast" truck with 35"+ tires. but then again i think straight line racing is boring sooo to each their own
Yeah, who cares about a 3-ton truck, plastered with mud, that you need a stepladder to get into? I don't really care how fast it is.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:11 AM
AL_Jazz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

It is interesting to read the comments on this thread. I had my first Vette in my 20's and my first Porsche in my late 20's. Since that time I have more cars than I can recall from more manufactures than I want to recall. Now in my 40's, I drive a C6 because I want to and because I enjoy it. I lay my sport coat over my leather computer bag in the trunk, drop the top, and listen to the rumble of the exhaust. I am sure I am the quintessential salt and pepper mid-lifer, but I just don't care. This car is for my own personal enjoyment. Does it attract attention? Yup...from every other mid 40 guy that wants to talk cars. Definitely not a "chick magnet" and for that I am thankful. I am too old for the drama...
Old 09-22-2016, 12:19 AM
CalF
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

To answer the OP question.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:42 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AL_Jazz
It is interesting to read the comments on this thread. I had my first Vette in my 20's and my first Porsche in my late 20's. Since that time I have more cars than I can recall from more manufactures than I want to recall. Now in my 40's, I drive a C6 because I want to and because I enjoy it. I lay my sport coat over my leather computer bag in the trunk, drop the top, and listen to the rumble of the exhaust. I am sure I am the quintessential salt and pepper mid-lifer, but I just don't care. This car is for my own personal enjoyment. Does it attract attention? Yup...from every other mid 40 guy that wants to talk cars. Definitely not a "chick magnet" and for that I am thankful. I am too old for the drama...
In your 40s and too old for female drama?

Wow, 66 here and still lovin' the female drama. ___
Old 09-22-2016, 02:34 PM
ihealy16
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

HAHA this is great! I bought my 2010 when I was 20 and despite a lot of negativity I got for doing so its worth it. I'm a huge car guy and don't enjoy driving boring cars...no car person does. Did I think it would help with the ladies, yes. Did it? A little bit. But all that wears off a few months into ownership. I've gotten the my fair share "why are you driving your dads car" or the "your parents paid for it" comments. Everything we own reflects our individual personalities. If you're going to get anything do it for you not for whom you want to impress. However I still love seeing people do double and triple takes as I drive by with the top off and they realize its a young kid driving a vette.
The following users liked this post:
bgspot (09-22-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Vettemuscle1
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ihealy16
HAHA this is great! I bought my 2010 when I was 20 and despite a lot of negativity I got for doing so its worth it. I'm a huge car guy and don't enjoy driving boring cars...no car person does. Did I think it would help with the ladies, yes. Did it? A little bit. But all that wears off a few months into ownership. I've gotten the my fair share "why are you driving your dads car" or the "your parents paid for it" comments. Everything we own reflects our individual personalities. If you're going to get anything do it for you not for whom you want to impress. However I still love seeing people do double and triple takes as I drive by with the top off and they realize its a young kid driving a vette.
i'm 30 and get the same looks.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:55 PM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

You know what attracts women? Money. You know how to make and keep your money? Stay away from women.

If you can't stay away from women, stay further away from marriage. Getting married to a woman these days is not the same as it was decades ago. If it works without the legal proceedings, stick with it. if it doesn't, marriage isn't going to fix anything.

I've married twice. Never again will I make that mistake. If you don't understand why I'm saying this. Make an account on twitter, and observe. Keep observing until it hits you, that yes, these women are married, and yes, they say and do those things in public. The old folks on here will disagree. The younger people will understand where I'm coming from. If you ever want to be able to live your life, spend your money, and do the things YOU want, do NOT get married, it will end badly.

There is a damn good reason why more and more men are choosing NOT to marry. A good friend of mine is 43 years old, never married. Every single relationship either ended up being all about her, or about how much money he made. He's a LOT happier being single. Has money to spare, travels and buys what he wants, and has plenty of friends (one of the things marriage(her) takes away from you, especially if they are female friends).

Women worth marrying are in a third world country with no access or care for the Internet, Snapchat, Twitter, etc. Unless you want to spend your life being told where you can have your little tiny section of the house for your things, when you can buy X or Y, or why she doesn't think you NEED it. Demands 150% of your attention at all times, gets jealous if you have friends, yet is always to be allowed all the friends and social events she wants..

Yeah. And when they tell you they KNOW women like that, but aren't? It's because you haven't MARRIED them yet.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 09-22-2016 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JerriVette (09-23-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 03:20 PM
RichKiss
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by HouseS2k
Cars attract dudes, pure and simple. Want to attract chicks? Get a career and dress well and don't have dbag personality. Yes it's really that simple.

I was 39 and going thru a divorce when I bought mine. Thinking I was going to pick up some nice young hot chic. Picked up a hot chic alright but it wasn't because of my car. She hates it. I can hardly get her to ride in it.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:28 PM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

These threads are too funny. Where do people get that chicks care about vettes?! The only type of woman that would care about what type of car you drive would be more interested in the amount of money you make and not so much the car, i.e. gold digger. And owning a vette doesn't necessarily mean you got money.

My own experience. I'm 34 and bought my first vette 10 years ago at 24. Most people assumed i sold drugs or did things on the side. Half the women i dated during that time initially didn't wanna talk to me cuz they thought i would be an ******* or player. Fast forward to now and things are more positive. Probably because the women i talk to now are like 30-40 years old. Most the women i've talked to in this age group look at a corvette owner as being established and having good credit. Of course this is just my experience. If you're goal is to just score with women, why spend tens of thousands of dollars on a car?! Just go to a brothel...
Old 09-22-2016, 03:44 PM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

lol but to answer the question, i say its impressive if you got it on your own. But as others have pointed out, they have come down in price.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:46 AM
njedwardz
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought my 2013 base car new when I was 19. Depending on the kinds of girls you're hanging around with, it may or may not impress them. If they come from families with 2-3 German cars, they probably won't think much of it. If their whole family drives 10 year old Corollas (nothing wrong with them, great car actually), they'll probably be pretty impressed, but they may think it's your dad's car (easier to avoid when your dad owns a C7 and you have a C6).

Then again, if you're expecting any material possession alone to give you the ability to pick up girls, it's a moot point. It's much more about the driver than the car.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:58 AM
COMMANDER2OOO
Melting Slicks

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by EVRose
Even if they like the car that doesn't automatically mean they will like you.
LMAOOOOOOOOO This is probably the best advise ever.

Get notified of new replies

To is a C6 base corvette impressive for 22 yr old?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:16 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

Cars have been helping guys get laid almost since their inception. Handsome, ugly, it doesn't matter. Discuss...
Old 09-23-2016, 08:16 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Buy or borrow a puppy, you'll have the girls flocking to you...
Old 09-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RicardoFors68
Cars have been helping guys get laid almost since their inception. Handsome, ugly, it doesn't matter. Discuss...
Name:  RDEjbps.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  160.6 KB

It does work!

Quick Reply: is a C6 base corvette impressive for 22 yr old?