C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 05:04 AM
BacknBlack08
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Umnitza,
Thanks for all your hard work and time devotion to bringing these to the masses. I received mine yesterday and was very happy with the product and can't wait until I can get them swapped out.
Thanks again you guys rock
BNB08
The following users liked this post:
info@umnitza.com (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 07:55 AM
nikolaj
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all - thanks for the good work guys, keep up the pace.
When is it expected that international orders will be sent out (feb) so we can make Denmark great again aswell ?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:09 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Mine were waiting for me at home last night as well. They look pretty good overall. I picked up new gaskets at the dealership this morning. Paid $61 a piece. The list price is $61.17 so not saving a whole bunch, but there are only two GM warehouses in the country that have them so that supply is pretty low.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:57 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 327 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by russ472
Had a nice package on my porch when I got home !!!!
post some photos

Originally Posted by Giamanut
Send it to me right away.
Just kidding I got a call today these guys are great!
Making Customer Service Great Again!
Humble thanks!

Originally Posted by dkz
Got mine today and damn they are so clear and shiny i don't want to install them...... yet lol
YES! Post a photo

Originally Posted by BacknBlack08
Umnitza,
Thanks for all your hard work and time devotion to bringing these to the masses. I received mine yesterday and was very happy with the product and can't wait until I can get them swapped out.
Thanks again you guys rock
BNB08
Humble thanks!

Originally Posted by nikolaj
First of all - thanks for the good work guys, keep up the pace.
When is it expected that international orders will be sent out (feb) so we can make Denmark great again aswell ?
I can tell you that we've now shipped to:
Dubai
Norway
Denmark
France
Switzerland
Saudi Arabia
Germany
Australia
Chile
Spain
And a few others I can't recall at this moment. Shipments internationally will likely take 4-10 business days but customs may have something to say about the overall time to get to you. I would normally say watch your tracking number if you are international but USPS is notoriously **** poor about tracking until it actually lands in the destination country.

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
Mine were waiting for me at home last night as well. They look pretty good overall. I picked up new gaskets at the dealership this morning. Paid $61 a piece. The list price is $61.17 so not saving a whole bunch, but there are only two GM warehouses in the country that have them so that supply is pretty low.
Not bad, in most cases that we've done, we've not seen the need to get refreshed gaskets, but never hurts if you are doing a complete refresh.

---
Another roughly 40 or so units were shipped last night + some wholesale packages for customers order more than 1.

To be honest, this is far more work than we anticipated so while you may get your label notification, please bear with us because some people ordered multiple options with their orders (Butyl, D1S Bulbs, clear film, angel eyes, etc.) so that is taking longer to fulfill.

We really had hoped to have everyone caught up by this Saturday but realistically we'll be shipping well into next week to catch up.

Another order is in at the factory, the batch will be completed in 3-7 business days and shipping will likely be scheduled for the next batch May 3rd or thereabouts...though April 26th is what we're shooting for.

WARNING - SALES PITCH
If you are concerned about getting your lenses and have not yet ordered, don't worry, we'll be building lenses as fast as we can. Get your orders in now so we can build them faster As you have noticed, we've not yet raised prices because frankly we're not yet done shipping the current batch of units. So "Make your C6 Headlights great again! "
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2017, 05:48 PM
SloVette05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giamanut
Send it to me right away.
Just kidding I got a call today these guys are great!
Making Customer Service Great Again!
Was it a 302 number? I got a call today and didn't answer. Hoping that wasn't them!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:08 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

^
we call from 877 or 925

A couple of updates.

1) We've secured genuine factory gaskets as well, $105 a pair shipped, but working on getting better pricing if we do 50+ units (which we're not yet sure are necessary).

2) We definitely did not realize how many March orders we got, so we'll have to break up March into 2 nights of shipping. That means April will probably also be broken down into 2 nights of shipping so we expect to have EVERYONE shipped by Friday or Saturday of this week.
SloVette05 (04-18-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 06:57 PM
IRingTwyce
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I placed my order during the third week of March. I haven't received any kind of a place/confirmation number, though the money has transferred out of paypal. And I still show no orders pending on the website. So I have no clue what or when to expect. Glad others have received their lenses. Just getting anxious for mine!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:28 PM
SloVette05
Instructor

Just got my tracking number!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:43 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Got my tracking number... As soon as I get my lenses they go into parts storage for when I need them.. Didn't want to take a chance they would stop making them again.......WW
Old 04-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by WW7
Got my tracking number... As soon as I get my lenses they go into parts storage for when I need them.. Didn't want to take a chance they would stop making them again.......WW
Good grief WW. You got a full set of control modules salted away too?
Old 04-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Karl H
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Got my tracking # today, I ordered on 1/14
Old 04-19-2017, 12:15 AM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl H
Don't rely on an accurate status from the tracking number per Note #3 on the description page, I received my tracking number Sunday & according to USPS tracking number my lenses have not even left California yet (Tues. night) to be shipped to Arizona, so I don't know really where they are...
Old 04-19-2017, 03:27 AM
Deniz Ulas
2nd Gear

I ordered on February (number is 130) but just writing usps priority mail in shiphing method side, there is no tracking number. Can I get information about this?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 AM
JustaMarathon
1st Gear

...Your item is out for delivery on April 19, 2017 at 8:39 am YES!!!
Pre-order list #106
Old 04-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Karl H
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Johnathon, I have found that USPS is the most unpredictable and the slowest to update the tracking , imagine that , a government service.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:41 AM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
Not bad, in most cases that we've done, we've not seen the need to get refreshed gaskets, but never hurts if you are doing a complete refresh.
My car is an 07 and my seals have looked cracked and dry rot since about 2010. The car sits in the Texas sun at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, lol. At that time either, I didn't have an enclosed garage, just covered parking. It is only a matter of time before UV exposure kills them, even with protection. That will likely be the next thing the aftermarket needs to make.

A bit of a related topic to the lenses; would you recommend replacing the turn signal/DRL bulbs or even the HID lights while doing a lens replacement on a 10 year old car? I'm still on all original bulbs in my car except for one tail light. I don't have any complaints with their current performance but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before something goes out.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Johnathon59
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes....Got my lenses today ! ordered mid Feb. was #128 received tracking # last Sunday, I have them sealed up & clamped sitting outside so the adhesive sets up & then I will install them back into my car tomorrow morn. then move on to the next mod ..

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Old 04-19-2017, 05:22 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by IRingTwyce
I placed my order during the third week of March. I haven't received any kind of a place/confirmation number, though the money has transferred out of paypal. And I still show no orders pending on the website. So I have no clue what or when to expect. Glad others have received their lenses. Just getting anxious for mine!
We'll probably finish March today, it was a very busy month....basically when we showed people that the air shipment wasn't vaporware, it gave people enough confidence that this was a legitimate project

Originally Posted by SloVette05
Just got my tracking number!

Originally Posted by WW7
Boo was hoping you'd install them right away

Originally Posted by Johnathon59
Don't rely on an accurate status from the tracking number per Note #3 on the description page, I received my tracking number Sunday & according to USPS tracking number my lenses have not even left California yet (Tues. night) to be shipped to Arizona, so I don't know really where they are...
how about now?

Originally Posted by Deniz Ulas
I ordered on February (number is 130) but just writing usps priority mail in shiphing method side, there is no tracking number. Can I get information about this?
it's a delivery confirmation number, you are correct, basically it only shows when it's delivered in most cases.

Johnathon, I have found that USPS is the most unpredictable and the slowest to update the tracking , imagine that , a government service.

But it's a necessary evil because what other service can ship a set of lenses for $12 across the country on Saturday night and have them delivered on Monday morning?

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
My car is an 07 and my seals have looked cracked and dry rot since about 2010. The car sits in the Texas sun at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, lol. At that time either, I didn't have an enclosed garage, just covered parking. It is only a matter of time before UV exposure kills them, even with protection. That will likely be the next thing the aftermarket needs to make.

A bit of a related topic to the lenses; would you recommend replacing the turn signal/DRL bulbs or even the HID lights while doing a lens replacement on a 10 year old car? I'm still on all original bulbs in my car except for one tail light. I don't have any complaints with their current performance but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before something goes out.
I recommend replacing the turn signals with LED lights, we're going to show you guys some great light bulbs later this month once we finish the shipping process. They will knock your socks off - literally. You'll see quicker start, brighter and wider light, and infinite lifespans.

here's a sample photo:

----
We have shipped "another shipment" - and we still have 4-5 to go. We have a process, we make the labels and then start the packaging process. Whatever "fits" into the delivery vehicles goes, if it doesn't fit, it goes into the next day's shipment. So as some have accurately pointed out, the tracking number isn't perfect but it's reasonably accurate within a day or 2, and from there it's not uncommon for the tracking number to show nothing but the part to be sitting on your porch waiting for you.

Here's the latest run:
Old 04-20-2017, 11:21 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by info@umnitza.com
We'll probably finish March today, it was a very busy month....basically when we showed people that the air shipment wasn't vaporware, it gave people enough confidence that this was a legitimate project

Boo was hoping you'd install them right away

how about now?

it's a delivery confirmation number, you are correct, basically it only shows when it's delivered in most cases.

But it's a necessary evil because what other service can ship a set of lenses for $12 across the country on Saturday night and have them delivered on Monday morning?

I recommend replacing the turn signals with LED lights, we're going to show you guys some great light bulbs later this month once we finish the shipping process. They will knock your socks off - literally. You'll see quicker start, brighter and wider light, and infinite lifespans.

here's a sample photo:

----
We have shipped "another shipment" - and we still have 4-5 to go. We have a process, we make the labels and then start the packaging process. Whatever "fits" into the delivery vehicles goes, if it doesn't fit, it goes into the next day's shipment. So as some have accurately pointed out, the tracking number isn't perfect but it's reasonably accurate within a day or 2, and from there it's not uncommon for the tracking number to show nothing but the part to be sitting on your porch waiting for you.

Here's the latest run:
Can you just plug these bulbs in or does it require re-wiring?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:31 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LS WON
Can you just plug these bulbs in or does it require re-wiring?
The canbus ones we're working on may be able to be plugged in.
The standard style ones will require a resistor or basic coding on the car.

In the BMW/VW/Mercedes world, if you have software that interacts with the OBDII port interface, you can disable warm, cold, and start up checks for turn signals, brake lights, etc and thus disable any error or fast flashing from occurring, so you won't need to use resistors. But not sure about Corvettes yet, assuming you do have something similar but will need to do more research to find out.

In either case, a simple resistor across the power and ground works fine and is inexpensive at $10-20 for the pair. The effect is phenomenally different and better.

---
WE STILL HAVE PLENTY OF STOCK!

Another shipment, I believe we have finished through March, we're going to finish much of April today or thereabouts then we'll start shipping on order. At that point, we'll announce on a second, new thread that the installation opportunities are open.

Quick Reply: C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses