C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:37 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 325 Likes on 259 Posts
Default C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

We are down to only a handful of units. Remember, all pre-orders and those willing to wait can pay the original pre-pre-pre price of $249.99

We are officially out of the backlog and now doing standard shipping.
We're really happy with the responses we've received for these lenses, we tried really hard to get them right. You buy, we ship

When we started this project, no one was even considering it. We proved that the market was there and we built you a great product. We built it to be subtle without any wackadoo writing on the lenses, it's properly packaged, and most importantly,it's very high polish OE quality without the OE defects.

We're pretty proud, and hope you guys will appreciate these lenses for many years to come.

We really couldn't have done it without the support of this community, thanks!!!!

There are 2 ways to order:
[B][URL="https://www.umnitza.com/chevrolet-corvette-c6-2005-2013-headlight-lenses.html"]1) Umnitza.com Site
2) Or by Calling us 877 486 6489

Happy to be on board

Photo for attention:

==================================
SUMMARY*

COMMENTS ABOUT OUR PRODUCT/SERVICE
We think our product and services speak for themselves and we want to make a case for it here. Buy your lenses here
  • A) We promised you a product and we are delivering it. We have shown you real products, real manufacturing, real packaging, and real shipping. We are not selling you vaporware.
  • B) You have purchased or will purchase a clean, highly professional, OE looking product, with minimal fuss or extra branding on the lenses
  • C) You are working with a company that is capable of doing a soup to nuts approach
  • D) We have a professional web site, where you can select options that work for you.
  • E) We have been doing professional lighting since 2001, and will be around to help you as time rolls forward - along with our partners.
  • F) We offer a great price. It will go up, but it will still be less than anywhere else.
  • G) We built the mold to handle 5000+ units, so don't worry if you don't get into this batch coming, the next one is right around the corner, and the next one, etc.
I know you guys haven't heard from us in a while. Please don't worry, we're still here, still monitoring the sea shipment and still working our butts off on 2 more installations we should be completing later this week.

We will always err on the side of too much communication vs no communication.

Details
Do you have any emergency units left?
The initial batch of 16 sets of lenses are making their way into the hands of their pre-order buyers from September and October. The short answer is no, all the 16 units are in usage.

So if you are in November, December, January, etc. your lenses will ship on or around April 7th-10th, this may be delayed due to some customs issues as usual, but we have already pre-cleared the shipments and have a telex release done.

DOT
There are some positive DOT developments with a local DOT certification lab in our area. We will have those posted when ready. But suffice it to say, we're going to have some info for those of you worried about Canadian DOT/US DOT.

Who is the lucky one?
The lenses we did received have been shipped out, so you should start seeing some reviews shortly, especially from John T who just received his today, he's the first.
Then we should have a few comments from some of the ones we've shipped very soon.

I WANT TO SEND MINE IN ASAP
Please be patient here, we will be offering 3 tier approach to installation services.
Tier 1 - Standard install services slotted into the normal workflow of our headlight building services. Cost ranges from $250-450 for work.
Tier 2 - Expedited/Scheduled install services. This will include Tier 1 pricing structure but will have a $150 scheduling priority fee - we will schedule a date and after 5pm, our installer will put your order as high priority completing it in the evening with no distractions. This will basically be like a 24/48 hour turn around vs up to 3 weeks with Tier 1 (estimated).
Tier 3 - Custom - encompassing many options like custom painting, lens etching, projector improvements, dual projector installation, angel eyes, DRL/Sequential LED strips, etc. All options we currently do for other cars (we'll show you options at a later date once we get closer.

IMPORTANT MILESTONE LINKS WITHIN THE MAIN THREAD
A) First prototype revealed
B) Zen6 prototype officially received
C) Zen6 prototype official tested
D) Zen6 production line photos released
E) Zen6 production packaging and first actual product
F) Zen6 production samples shown
G) Zen6 production begins transit
H) Zen6 first 16 unit pairs arrive.
I) Zen 6 first official install photos

*this is the last week for $299.99 price.

We’ve been asked to showcase the reasons to purchase our product . Below is a list of the reasons for purchasing our product.

Why our product remains a great value:

1) Our lenses were manufactured to have just the right amount of detail on the lenses to ensure their quality. When we designed them to start with, we saw the current trend to keep script on lenses at a minimum. Some lenses have no writing, which doesn’t exactly instill confidence, and other lenses have way too much writing on them that is misplaced. Ours were designed that you know you are getting quality without shouting it.

2) Our lensesare officially DOT certified by a true independent testing lab. We don't claim DOT and then not deliver. We don't also claim e-Mark certification and not deliver. Our certifications are marked clearly on the lenses with legitimate data from a proven testing DOT testing lab. We also have eMark certification.

3) Our product remains a consistent value. We priced our product for maximum value and quality. You don't have to worry when buying our lenses because our prices are stable. This is true of our angel eyes. There is no buyer’s remorse. However, if some of the prices are too high, we have recently started offering “open box” items for reduced prices that are very competitive with any “fire sales” you may see elsewhere.

4) All our products have our photos and only our photos used. On our web site, any promotional advertising, this forum, and any of our email newsletters all have our own photos. We don’t use photos from unknown sources. You know you’re getting exactly what you see in the photos and our photos are crisp, large, and detailed with many different angles. We don't have 10 photos on the site, we literally have over 50+ cars we've done and 3 more being finished nearly every week.

5) Our Zen6 re-use the factory AND aftermarket gasket parts for perfect fitment. There is no double sided tape or glue required. If you have the factory gasket, if you have the factory bumper, if you have factory anything, our lenses work with them. We engineered the lenses to give you maximum OEM compatibility.

6) Our Zen6 are as close to OEM product as you can get, BUT BETTER. We didn’t reuse the same raw materials as the factory, we didn’t use cheap recycled plastics. We made it with all new polymers. Why settle for something that is different than the original, do you really need to take that risk? We broke down the original lenses, found out what raw materials were being used, and bettered them. Our outer coating and inner coating is better than the original.

7) Our Zen6 product isn't the only thing you can get from Umnitza. It's one stop shopping and installation services. We offer angel eyes, proper butyl sealant, led headlight and turn signal bulbs, led tail lights, and many other things. We're not a one-trick pony. We got lots of products to make your Corvette C6 great.

No one else offers you these values. Do your research, we know you'll come to us. Is it worth a small initial savings to risk having to do the job twice, we don't think so.

call us 877 486 6489

Last edited by info@umnitza.com; 01-06-2018 at 04:25 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by info@umnitza.com:
greatgonzer (11-06-2016), LS WON (02-24-2017), Mensan150 (09-14-2017), RacerXvprklr (04-03-2017)

Popular Reply

03-23-2017, 11:11 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

the attachments here should be all you need to remove the headlights, and swap the lenses on your own.................
Old 10-14-2016, 01:45 PM
AL_Jazz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 10-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Dado5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, Umnitza finally became sponsor on here
I have been customer of theirs since 2002. Great company, great product , excellent customer service.
The following users liked this post:
info@umnitza.com (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 02:01 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Dado5
Yes, Umnitza finally became sponsor on here
I have been customer of theirs since 2002. Great company, great product , excellent customer service.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

https://www.umnitza.com/chevrolet-co...ht-lenses.html

in stock? it says in stock. and then I come here find here there they are, at this point, a pipe dream. glad i double checked.
just fly (06-03-2017)
Old 10-14-2016, 04:17 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

It's not a pipe dream. It's listed as in stock so that you can purchase on the site or back us on Kickstarter.

We have the factory ready, they are already getting ready to laser CAD the existing assemblies.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:10 PM
LucaBrasi
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any chance you will be able to supply these lenses in glass at some point?
Old 10-14-2016, 05:33 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

We don't anticipate getting them done in glass.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

I don't currently have any issues with my lenses, but I am so glad to see that this is happening. I am worried about the possibility of my lenses going bad without any possible replacement. Are these only going to be available for a short time or do you plan to produce these for the foreseeable future? Will this only happen if the goal for the Kickstarter is reached?

Thanks so much for doing this!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

I just became #5 in Kickstarter. I've signed up and paid the full cost for one pair for Red. I'm very excited about this innovative solution to a very long term problem.

The next step may be creating the required installation kit: headlight assembly removal/replacement instructions (for the first-timer), disassembly and lens replacement instructions, the correct adhesive and/or gasket, etc.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:57 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Frankie15
I don't currently have any issues with my lenses, but I am so glad to see that this is happening. I am worried about the possibility of my lenses going bad without any possible replacement. Are these only going to be available for a short time or do you plan to produce these for the foreseeable future? Will this only happen if the goal for the Kickstarter is reached?

Thanks so much for doing this!
Our goal is to produce 500+ units, once those initial 500+ are made, we will simply get our factory to make them in batches based on demand for a certain period of time.

Basically demand will dictate supply as with any other product. But there will be enough supply once the kickstarter program is successful that no one will have to worry for at least a while.

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
I just became #5 in Kickstarter. I've signed up and paid the full cost for one pair for Red. I'm very excited about this innovative solution to a very long term problem.

The next step may be creating the required installation kit: headlight assembly removal/replacement instructions (for the first-timer), disassembly and lens replacement instructions, the correct adhesive and/or gasket, etc.
I want to clarify.
The lenses you will receive will not be RED or BLUE or any color. They will be clear. The inner parts - as well as all the other components that comprise your headlights will be reused.

The Kickstarter has a 10 minute video that we have shown to many people that encompasses additional install procedures for angel eyes. But it does show you how to disassemble the lenses.

For simplicity, I've posted the link to that video here:
Old 10-15-2016, 08:11 PM
diyguy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Video not working.....

Old 10-15-2016, 08:21 PM
gsflyer2011
Drifting

Received 268 Likes on 197 Posts

I general i personally commend this action. My headlight lenses are like a showroom but who is to say i will not end up with a stone and a crack the next day. This should be without argument excellent service to the C6 community, one less thing we need to worry about. I hope this becomes very successful and i think it will when more people will hear about it.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:39 AM
_05C6_
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts

For most of the world 'in stock' means sitting on the shelf ready to ship.
This is a bait and switch tactic used by a lot of vendors who drop ship their orders. The vendor takes your order and after submitting payment, you get an email stating it's 'back ordered' or whatever.
It is a little misleading to say they are in stock when no product actually even exists.
I commend you for your effort though, because I myself will need some lenses at some point.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Dutch08
Drifting

Received 387 Likes on 321 Posts

Old 10-16-2016, 06:16 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

here's a direct link:

Originally Posted by gsflyer2011
I general i personally commend this action. My headlight lenses are like a showroom but who is to say i will not end up with a stone and a crack the next day. This should be without argument excellent service to the C6 community, one less thing we need to worry about. I hope this becomes very successful and i think it will when more people will hear about it.

We're "new" to this forum and community and not entirely sure about general etiquette or replies to such things...so let me be as politically correct as I can, so as not to ruffle any feathers.

Building lenses in the USA is beneficial in 2 ways predominantly - you can control quality better and you do have to deal with overseas shipping costs/customs/delays.

That's the end of the benefits. We will build higher quality, higher feature set, lower cost to the retailer and consumer than any "lowest bid" GM offering knock-off possible. Pricing in particular will be (as already evidenced by slashing the price to almost 50% off what it already was) because we're not beholden to 3 levels of supply chain markup.

Originally Posted by _05C6_
For most of the world 'in stock' means sitting on the shelf ready to ship.
This is a bait and switch tactic used by a lot of vendors who drop ship their orders. The vendor takes your order and after submitting payment, you get an email stating it's 'back ordered' or whatever.
It is a little misleading to say they are in stock when no product actually even exists.
I commend you for your effort though, because I myself will need some lenses at some point.
Allow me to better explain how it is exactly opposite of "bait and switch" and that maybe you are referring to how others do it...
1) The first line of the product page states:
Replacement C6 Corvette headlight lenses - KICKSTARTER PROGRAM LINK PRE-ORDER ONLY
Clearly indicating this is not a buy and ship situation.
2) Our site's software will not allow product by product authorization only without payment capture, therefore, in order for you to be able to commit to this product on our page, it's setup to be "in stock" otherwise you wouldn't check out.
3) If we put the price at $.0, and stated in stock, we'd have some people later claiming that we owe them the product at $0 and legally that's true...so we won't do that.

I hope to count you among our happy customers very soon and most of the above point by point is for those who may misunderstand the context of your post - which is noble

Originally Posted by Dutch08

Last edited by Vette_DD; 10-17-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Remove other vendor info.
greatgonzer (11-06-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 08:31 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Good Luck in your endeavours. I'm sure you will do very well.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 10-17-2016 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Other vendor info.
info@umnitza.com (10-16-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses

Old 10-16-2016, 09:59 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

We have offered the same services since 2003. In fact we build our own angel eyes and install them, custom painting, etc. We got involved with the lenses around 2010 when 2 of our partner vendors requested for us to offer all the services for C6. Hopefully our prototype will be ready soon.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 10-17-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Other vendor info.
The following 2 users liked this post by info@umnitza.com:
4SUMERZ (10-17-2016), HammerheadTed (01-10-2017)
Old 10-16-2016, 10:22 PM
Eritosthenes
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 95 Posts

"The lenses you will receive will not be RED or BLUE or any color. They will be clear." Red is my Victory Red '07 A6 vert. Clear lenses are exactly what I want.

I do have one question for you, and that is what material(s) do you plan to use? The original GM lenses are Lexan, but I believe they also have a special top surface coating. I don't know what that material is, or what its engineering design purpose might have been. That coating is probably why polishing bonnets don't work very well at all on C6 lenses.

I plan to cover my new lenses with Xpel. That will protect them from rock chips and maintain their surface gloss. Xpel can be peeled off and replaced very easily and relatively inexpensively, so unless they turn cloudy or yellow from UV I should never have to replace them again.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:18 PM
info@umnitza.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Eritosthenes
"The lenses you will receive will not be RED or BLUE or any color. They will be clear." Red is my Victory Red '07 A6 vert. Clear lenses are exactly what I want.

I do have one question for you, and that is what material(s) do you plan to use? The original GM lenses are Lexan, but I believe they also have a special top surface coating. I don't know what that material is, or what its engineering design purpose might have been. That coating is probably why polishing bonnets don't work very well at all on C6 lenses.

I plan to cover my new lenses with Xpel. That will protect them from rock chips and maintain their surface gloss. Xpel can be peeled off and replaced very easily and relatively inexpensively, so unless they turn cloudy or yellow from UV I should never have to replace them again.
yes, there is a special surface and interior coating for anti-glare, clear, uv protection etc. We'll get into more details as the product gets nearer to completion.

As far as Xpel, we offer our own direct cut product from another company that is just as good using 3M or other clear film mfg that is just as good. we've been using them for many many years.
Will probably be like $49.99 for the pair of clear film protection in 20mil or 40mil

Quick Reply: C6 Headlight Replacement Lenses