C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Rogers 07
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Turn signal help

My left front turn signal is not working. It is not the bulb! I checked it twice and replaced it. I checked the voltage at the bulb socket, The running light side of the socket is fine at 13v but I only have around 0.4v of power on the turn signal side and it goes on and off with the flasher. Does any one know where the turn signal power comes from (The fuse box under the hood maybe ?). All the other turn signals work as they should, the left front just stopped working.
Thanks
Old 03-04-2017, 08:57 PM
moneymonster
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine just starting doing the very same thing tonight. And this is the inspection month for it!
Old 03-06-2017, 01:04 PM
BeachVette6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My turn signals have issues to. I could not find the fuse for the turn signals. Dose anyone know where the fuse is located?
Old 07-22-2018, 03:17 AM
Ricosuave24
Heel & Toe

Default Damn turn signal

So my front turn signal also stopped working, it turnes onn just doesnt blink all bulbs are new and still no solution🤔
Old 07-22-2018, 09:36 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

There is no fuse for the turn signals.

DRL mode should light up the turn-signal side (bright) of the lamp. If it does then the problem may be in the stalk switch.

If it doesn't light up in DRL mode, then the problem is most likely in the wiring harness and/or socket. Check for burnt contacts and brittle or pinched sections of the harness.

The parking/running lights use the dim side of the turn-signal lamp.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Ricosuave24
Heel & Toe

Default Turn signal

So my c6 left running light does not turn on when car is on drive but when the working side stops flashing both turn onn when i unlock. It does not flash and no turn signal but when i switch to turn the lights onn it lights up.so while driving no light and turn signal no go. So i ordered a new hazard switch itl be inn in 2 days ive heared that could be the issue what you guys think?
Old 06-27-2019, 11:57 PM
Spacewalker
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Ever figure this out?
Old 06-28-2019, 12:03 PM
Ricosuave24
Heel & Toe

Default Headache

So the switch came inn and that was not it. Replaced bulbs and not it. This is driving me nuts now the damn foglights will only stay onn for like 5 minutes then they both turn off i checked fuses and they good i have no damn clue what it could be any help?
Old 06-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Spacewalker
Racer

Ok, I'm posting the answer to all your questions. I had the Exact same two issues in the opposite order (first my fogs quit a year ago and then turn signal, both only when car warm)

So be sure to review the review the headlight fix with the fuse box thread, that will give you the background on how to fix both your issues.

History
1) Car had headlight low beam recall (jumper wire installed) sometime by previous owner)
2) in 2018, my fog lights would quit after car got warm, return when cooled off
2a) I found the headlight fix thread, opened fuse box and found a broken wire on the opposite side of the board from the headlight wire. Repaired, fog lights have worked correctly since that time
3) last week my left front turn signal (driver side) would stop working, along with DRL and then the left turn would hyperflash the rear all oem bulbs. Note this bulb has two filaments, one for drl/turn and other for parking lights. Parking lights still worked. Replaced bulbs, cleaned socket and had ordered new harness, and stalk (which I will soon return)
3a) pulled fuse box off, fixed another wire on the fuse side, thought I had found the issue, didn't fix turn signals (turns out this was the headlight low beam wire)
3b) pulled fuse box off again, this time looked at underside (plug side) of wire board, found (after prying) a broken wire on the outside again. This goes to no fuse or just draw power from one side of board and sends it to a pin in the plug under the fuse box (a1) Pics below

4) now the turn signals have returned to functioning when warm for the past two drives (fingers crossed)

Last edited by Spacewalker; 06-28-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:19 PM
Spacewalker
Racer

Originally Posted by Ricosuave24
So the switch came inn and that was not it. Replaced bulbs and not it. This is driving me nuts now the damn foglights will only stay onn for like 5 minutes then they both turn off i checked fuses and they good i have no damn clue what it could be any help?
If you don’t feel confident you can fix the issue, you can mail me your fuse box (or just the board once you separate fuse box) and I’ll fix it.

New ones are $350 or so.

Last edited by Spacewalker; 06-28-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn signal help

Quick Reply: Turn signal help