C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer Satisfaction - Stasek Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Gutch94
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Customer Satisfaction - Stasek Chevy

Gotta give a shout out and major to Stasek Chevrolet for going the extra mile to ensure post-sale customer satisfaction.

I bought my '06 Victory Red base from Stasek on March 4th (Saturday), drove it a bit on Sunday, took the obligatory pics to post here, then tucked it away in the garage for the week (Business travel). As my wife was watching me pull it out of the garage last weekend, she said she heard chirping in the engine compartment. Didn't think much of it - Maybe a worn belt or pulley or some other easy fix - and headed out for a cruise. Afterward, came back here to do a little research. Uncovered all the complaints re: the harmonic balancer. Went outside, started the car and looked under the hood. There it was, plain as day -- CRAP!

After pondering my options (DIY via YouTube instruction, have my son the mechanic do it at home, etc.), I decided to drop a note to my salesman to see if there were any options they could offer up. The Stasek salesman, Kurt, replied back promptly and told me to bring it in so their Vette tech could check it out.

I dropped the car off Thursday afternoon. Friday morning Kurt called me back to confirm it was the balancer issue and that they would make the repair at no charge! No questions, no brow-beating. They wanted to make it right and make sure I was happy with the car!!! Picked it up this morning, and she's purring like a quiet little chirp-free kitten...

You hear a lot about dealers that take advantage of the customers and use the service department as a profit center. Well, IMO, the guys at Stasek take customer service and long term satisfaction seriously. They have won me as a customer, and I will recommend them to anyone looking to buy or service a Corvette. Thanks, guys -- Ya done good!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by Gutch94:
Brent@StasekChevy (03-18-2017), Itshakes (03-19-2017), Landru (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 11:15 AM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Thanks for posting this! Great that they took care of the issue at no costs to you, and glad you shared it here, so all the negative naysayers commenting on dealerships in general, can actually read that not all of them fall into that category!

Last edited by rkj427; 03-18-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:44 AM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Glad to hear the good result. Congrats on the new car.

There are some good dealerships around. I use the service department a lot at my closest dealership, even though I have never bought a car from them. They have a good overall service department and a vette tech.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Judgebull
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 85 Posts

Good to hear positive news... especially about a Dealership. Like most things in life there is the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:01 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

Good news. We need to post the good service dealers more on the forums to show that there are those the really do care about the customer!!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:18 PM
biker1059
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

How many miles on the car?
Old 03-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Cedar
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I bought my 11 GS from Brent Baker @ Stasek Chevrolet a year ago and couldn't be happier with the car and experience that the dealership provided.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 PM
AviBen
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

I've bought four cars from Stasek, three of which I still have. They service them all, and can be consistently relied upon to make things right.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:54 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Wow, they went above and beyond what others might have done on an​ 11 year old car! Makes me wonder if they charged you too much on the sale and they had ample profit in it. Sorry to be negative, but this kind of story is rare I think.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:46 AM
Gutch94
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by montman
Wow, they went above and beyond what others might have done on an​ 11 year old car! Makes me wonder if they charged you too much on the sale and they had ample profit in it. Sorry to be negative, but this kind of story is rare I think.
I guess it depends on the point of view. As the old saying goes, "The bitterness of poor quality (customer service) lasts long after the sweetness of a low price."

It costs money for a manufacturer to go the extra mile in designing a quality product and dealers to provide quality post-sale support. I'm always willing to pay more if I know the product and/or support justifies the additional expense. Call it "Satisfaction Insurance".

In this case, I believe the purchase price was fair -- Not a killer deal but certainly not a rip off. The willingness of the dealer to stand behind the sale of an 11 year old car more than makes up for any savings I could have gotten by buying from a private party or by shrewd negotiation at the dealer.

Keeping the customer satisfied used to be the norm, but the "WalMart Mentality" of the buying public is forcing manufacturers to move offshore for production and retailers to forego investing in service support in order to meet the demand for a low price. Call me old fashioned, but I believe you get what you pay for...
Old 03-19-2017, 12:00 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Gutch94
I guess it depends on the point of view. As the old saying goes, "The bitterness of poor quality (customer service) lasts long after the sweetness of a low price."

It costs money for a manufacturer to go the extra mile in designing a quality product and dealers to provide quality post-sale support. I'm always willing to pay more if I know the product and/or support justifies the additional expense. Call it "Satisfaction Insurance".

In this case, I believe the purchase price was fair -- Not a killer deal but certainly not a rip off. The willingness of the dealer to stand behind the sale of an 11 year old car more than makes up for any savings I could have gotten by buying from a private party or by shrewd negotiation at the dealer.

Keeping the customer satisfied used to be the norm, but the "WalMart Mentality" of the buying public is forcing manufacturers to move offshore for production and retailers to forego investing in service support in order to meet the demand for a low price. Call me old fashioned, but I believe you get what you pay for...
​​​​​​
Good post, very true! My compliments to the dealership then.

Get notified of new replies

To Customer Satisfaction - Stasek Chevy

Quick Reply: Customer Satisfaction - Stasek Chevy