C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas speed headers are to low

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM
junior_c6
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Texas speed headers are to low

ey guys, I recently bought some Texas speed long tube headers for my 06 c6. They came with an x pope and they bolt right on but the only thing is that I've seen other people with lowered vettes and same headers but they don't hang as low as mine. I was wondering if anyone has the same problem? I can't really take the vette to much places because the headers get the car stuck.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Phantom Blur
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

My Grand Sport (C6) is lowered to maybe 1/2 fender clearance. My ARH (didn't mean TSP earlier) long tubes have never scraped. The tubes and x-pipe are good to go. Here's what scrapes for me: the carbon fiber sideskirts when going over the lip to my driveway, and the front air dam (rubber) on everything. Are you lowered on the lowering bolts or coilovers?

Last edited by Phantom Blur; 03-20-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

That can't be right. I have had to send headers back before due to fitment issues. They should not sit that low. I have ARH and they fit great. I would contact Texas Speed for a replacement set before you destroy them.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM
doomi
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Good lord that hangs low. I'm with Patriot Six. I'd be pulling these asap.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM
xBoostx
Melting Slicks

Received 251 Likes on 196 Posts

I wouldn't have em they got to go ship them back.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:04 PM
junior_c6
Cruising

Originally Posted by Phantom Blur
My Grand Sport (C6) is lowered to maybe 1/2 fender clearance. My Texas Speed long tubes have never scraped. The tubes and x-pipe are good to go. Here's what scrapes for me: the carbon fiber sideskirts when going over the lip to my driveway, and the front air dam (rubber) on everything. Are you lowered on the lowering bolts or coilovers?
I'm lowered on bolts but I know some people with maxed out lowering bolts and the headers aren't that low. Theirs tuck into the car.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 PM
junior_c6
Cruising

Originally Posted by Patriot Six
That can't be right. I have had to send headers back before due to fitment issues. They should not sit that low. I have ARH and they fit great. I would contact Texas Speed for a replacement set before you destroy them.
I had them professionally installed and they didn't know why they sit so low, at first they thought it was because they wear a cheap brand but then I told them that they were Texas speed and they were surprised. I doubt they will take them back because I've used them and I have scraped them but I thought that's how they were supposed to be or because my car is lowered but I think they sent me the wrong ones.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:09 PM
junior_c6
Cruising

Originally Posted by xBoostx
I wouldn't have em they got to go ship them back.
I doubt they will take them back even though it wasn't a mistake on my part if it's that they shipped the incorrect ones.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Patriot Six
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm surprised the shop allowed you to drive off with the car like that. Good luck getting it sorted out.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:10 PM
raspyc6
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

My LG long tubes are nicely tucked up above the level of the body of the car. I echo the same "Good Lord" sentiment as the fellow above. One good dip and there would be huge problems

Get notified of new replies

To Texas speed headers are to low

Quick Reply: Texas speed headers are to low