C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tires for street racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Rky Mtn C6
Are you able to quantify the "majority" somehow, or is that simply an unsupported assertion?

]
What, spirited driving? You only need to pay attention to know this is true.
The following users liked this post:
kronix (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 07:25 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
Here, let me help poor Ed out because he is too lazy to "look through thousands of posts" to support his imagination. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...reet-race.html

Less than 17% just street race and more than half here think he's an idiot.
Wow, did you just completely stop paying attention?

kronix (04-10-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 PM
kronix
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Here, let me help poor Ed out because he is too lazy to "look through thousands of posts" to support his imagination. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...reet-race.html

Less than 17% just street race and more than half here think he's an idiot.
Looks like you need some help with how to read polls.
Street Race-16.48%
Street & Track-14.20% (It's an option, so you have to count it)
Total racers make up 30.68% or 54 people that race on the street/track, out of the 176 that have taken the poll.

64 people or 36.36% think it's stupid.(More than half? You're not too good with math are you?)
Not too much of a gap there, slick.

People die every minute because of car accidents, and you know who causes the most? Not teens, but senior citizens!! That sure explains a lot, especially in this thread! I'm a hell of a lot more worried about some half blind, half dead blue hair causing an accident than I am of another sports car driver's skills on a deserted road.

You like using the search functions, just do a Google search & you'll see.

From Consumer Reports:
"14 million Americans were involved in accidents with senior drivers this past year."

"Over the past year, 14 million Americans aged 18 to 64 were estimated to be involved in accidents caused by drivers aged 65 and over, according to a new Caring.com report. Among those accident victims, 18- to 29-year-olds were the most likely to be involved in a crash with an elderly driver."

"Most people under 65 are unwilling to talk to their parents about when it's time to stop driving; in fact, 40 percent said they'd rather discuss funeral arrangements with their parents."

From the CDC:
"In 2014, more than 5,700 older adults were killed and more than 236,000 were treated in emergency departments for motor vehicle crash injuries. This amounts to 16 older adults killed and 648 injured in crashes on average every day."

"In 2015, there were more than 40 million licensed drivers ages 65 and older in the United States. But the risk of being injured or killed in a motor vehicle crash increases as you age."

"Involvement in fatal crashes, per mile traveled, begins increasing among drivers ages 70‒74 and are highest among drivers ages 85 and older. This trend has been attributed more to an increased susceptibility to injury and medical complications among older drivers rather than an increased risk of crash involvement."

After reading some of these reports & some of the responses here, I'd be willing to bet that over 90% of the haters are AARP members. Get ready to turn those keys over!

Last edited by kronix; 04-10-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:26 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by kronix
Looks like you need some help with how to read polls.
Street Race-16.48%
Street & Track-14.20% (It's an option, so you have to count it)
Total racers make up 30.68% or 54 people that race on the street/track, out of the 176 that have taken the poll.

64 people or 36.36% think it's stupid.(More than half? You're not too good with math are you?)
Not too much of a gap there, slick. ...
Sorry, I forgot to lower the required IQ level to understand.

I said "Less than 17% just street race and more than half here think he's an idiot." Today the poll says:
Street Race 29 16.48%
Track Race 25 14.20%
Track and Street Race 25 14.20%
I do not ever race and do not care what others do as long as its not around other people 33 18.75%
Street racing is just plain stupid 64 36.36%

So street race counts as only street racing. +16.48 for just street race.
Track race doesn't count for either just street race or think you guys are idiots.
Track and street race also doesn't count for either. Just street race means you don't take it to the track.
I don't care as long as others aren't around doesn't count as just street racing because it doesn't commit the voter but it does count for you are idiots. +18.75 for the idiots who race on public streets.
You are stupid doesn't count for street racing because, again, the voter didn't commit themselves but it certainly does count as you are idiots. +36.36 for you are idiots.

The grand total now stands at, follow me here, +16.48% for just street racing and +18.75%+36.36% which is,... can anyone tell me?... Yes! 55.11% THINK YOU ARE IDIOTS!

And, as far as the rest of your post goes, you forgot to mention the real REAL causes of deaths in the world:
•Lower Respiratory Infections (3.1 million deaths; 5.5% of all deaths) ...
•COPD (3.15 million deaths; 5.6% of all deaths) ...
•Stroke (6.7 million deaths; 11.9% of all deaths) ...
•Ischaemic Heart Disease (7.4 million deaths; 13.2% of all deaths)

BTW, I like pie. Mmmmmm pie.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:31 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

And for today's street racing deaths, just for those who can't learn from other's mistakes, maybe if a movie star tells you: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ous/100159686/
Old 04-11-2017, 12:08 PM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

Nick..as you have noticed, you sometimes have to word your questions in a certain manner to actually get any response that is really useful.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:38 PM
kronix
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

And for today's street racing deaths, just for those who can't learn from other's mistakes, maybe if a movie star tells you: https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ous/100159686/
Did you even read the article, or just thought because it was Vin Diesel from Fast & Furious, it was anti racing? Paul walker died when his Porsche went out of control, racing no one. No where in the article does anyone say anything about street racing and it's repercussions. Give it up dude, your act, like you, is old. Move on. We get it, you don't race, who gives a sh*t.

And you want to talk **** to people, keyboard warrior? Just remember it's a small Corvette world. You never know who you might bump into at say, Corvettes at Carlisle? I'd love for you to discuss your feelings of my IQ to my face. I know I'll back up anything I say here, but then again, I don't make personal attacks on a forum like a bitch.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:41 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

OK, I'm old and experienced and you are young and stupid. Now that we've got that sorted...

Paul Walker was killed by his young stupid friend "spirited driving" on public streets. Sound familiar?

"I know I'll back up anything I say here, but then again, I don't make personal attacks on a forum like a bitch. " And when are you going to make this change in your posting technique?

Todays street racing deaths - http://www.azfamily.com/story/351286...ng-after-crash
Old 04-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Enough....
FortMorganAl (04-13-2017)

Quick Reply: Best tires for street racing