C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth mic location in convertible vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:05 AM
batmobile88
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth mic location in convertible vette

where is the best location for an aftermarket bluetooth mic in a 2010 convertible vette
Old 04-22-2017, 06:33 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

I don't know about the best place, but this is where the stock one is. You might be able to find a cheap used pillar trim to use and make it look stock

Old 04-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I ran mine up the driver side pillar trim and it works great. Mine is a coupe though so your results may vary but it was an easy install.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Twayneo1
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

i have mine clipped to the plastic dash right in front of the gauges right on the inside of the right driver control center
The following users liked this post:
batmobile88 (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 04:22 PM
batmobile88
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twayneo1
i have mine clipped to the plastic dash right in front of the gauges right on the inside of the right driver control center
is yours a convertible do people complain that thy don't hear you well? ? I thought about there, i also thought about diagonal to the right of the starter button, I figured if i get a call with the top down to put up the windows correct?
Old 04-24-2017, 02:52 PM
rhoyvald
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Me too
Old 04-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

That's where mine is also, but they can also be mounted behind the factory mic by pulling the A-pillar trim back and clipping it in. The factory mic hides the aftermarket one somewhat.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Ward Cleaver
Southern Piedmont Area
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BatMobile88

where is the best location for an aftermarket bluetooth mic in a 2010 convertible vette

The best location...for both form and function...is where the stock mic is located in the driver's side A pillar. I would not even consider another location.
That's where I installed the bluetooth mic that came with the Pioneer AVIC nav unit which I recently installed.
It's a perfect location with a clean factory look, and avoids the non-factory look of having to clip a microphone onto some piece of interior trim.

I removed the A pillar trim, removed the stock mic, then mounted the Pioneer mic in the pillar.

I of course kept the round louvered grill in the A pillar trim and have my Pioneer mic mounted and angled so that it is directed towards the driver's seat from behind that louvered grill.

A clean install, factory look, and functions perfectly.

Regards,
-Ward
Old 04-25-2017, 05:19 PM
89Roadster
Race Director

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward Cleaver
The best location...for both form and function...is where the stock mic is located in the driver's side A pillar. I would not even consider another location.
That's where I installed the bluetooth mic that came with the Pioneer AVIC nav unit which I recently installed.
It's a perfect location with a clean factory look, and avoids the non-factory look of having to clip a microphone onto some piece of interior trim.

I removed the A pillar trim, removed the stock mic, then mounted the Pioneer mic in the pillar.

I of course kept the round louvered grill in the A pillar trim and have my Pioneer mic mounted and angled so that it is directed towards the driver's seat from behind that louvered grill.

A clean install, factory look, and functions perfectly.

Regards,
-Ward
Exactly what I did.

Get notified of new replies

To bluetooth mic location in convertible vette

Quick Reply: bluetooth mic location in convertible vette