C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air conditioner cool on pass side only (with solution)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 04:37 PM
tmsmedic
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Air conditioner cool on pass side only (with solution)

So last week, my wife was driving the Vette and said the air on the Driver's side blew warm while the Pass side was cold. I was out of town, but thinking "oh crap, dual mode gone bad". So during my troubleshooting, I found that there was oil around the cap on the High Pressure line (thinner line over the passenger fender). I read about a few C5s that had a similar issue and replaced the valve, tested and recharged their system.

So I started praying...because the alternative was an expensive dash pull to fix an AC door or bad module. Well, I am happy to report that the leak was from the High Pressure valve (prone to failure in GM vehicles), replaced and recharged. Happily blowing cold for the oh so soon, hot Mississippi summer days.

I never found much online about this and wanted to share for those who may experience this in the C6. I would have posted a pic, but Photobucket is down.
The following 2 users liked this post by tmsmedic:
Mike Green9 (04-22-2017), RicK T (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 05:24 PM
Elijah71
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Thanks for the tip
Old 04-22-2017, 06:14 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yea, thanks for the post. I haven't seen or heard about that before, especially that it's common in GM vehicles.

Get notified of new replies

To Air conditioner cool on pass side only (with solution)

Quick Reply: Air conditioner cool on pass side only (with solution)