C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I agree with everyone above, this sticks. Sounds like someone took your car home for the night. I always feel weird about leaving my sports car with strangers. I can't help but think that someone might be tempted to do something they shouldn't be.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:44 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by IansInGarage
I'd present it to shop manager. That's ridiculous.
I agree. Top Flight Corvette in San Diego routeenly takes you car home with them. That's how they test drive it.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 AM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would talk to the owner and get his side of the story. If there are lies and denials or other bogus shenanigans then I would notify the insurance company who did the referral and leave a thoughtful response on Yelp with the appropriate score.m
Old 04-25-2017, 06:08 AM
flyingbunnys
Le Mans Master

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

The garage I take my cars is fairly busy and the guy that works on the cars tests them by driving them home. Usually that means lots of traffic and about 50 miles. Also he gets so busy some times the car will sit idol for an hour or so.

The difference is he tells you up front he is going to use it to drive home.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 AM
PAULEB07
Drifting

Received 273 Likes on 226 Posts

There is no need for any shop to take home any customers cars for any reason. Not for road test to drive it for 1 mile or 50 miles. They need to test drive it during business hour and leave it in the shop! What would happen if they get in to an accident? I know they will repair the car, but who is left with the aggravation...us. It is unacceptable to have this happen. Confront them and give them a piece of your mind! I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do it. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Opinions