C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qa1 ts single adjustable or drm valved bilstein shocks ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:03 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Qa1 ts single adjustable or drm valved bilstein shocks ?

QA1 TS SINGLE ADJUSTABLE OR DRM VALVED BILSTEIN SHOCKS ?

That is the question, heard a lot of good things about both so which should I get?

I cruise some, I take it to the Dragstrip some, and I enjoy curvy roads some. So given that, what is my best choice, I am not concerned with comfy ride, just performance. If I want a comfy ride I will take my Cadillac Escalade.

thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I would do the viking DAs over any of those.

Had the DRM bilsteins, they are ok, not great IMO. Helps with mid corner stability, hurts drag/straight line. The DAs you get both at the turn of a ****.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:19 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Anyone else have any opinions, so with all the fan fair I hear about the BILSTEIN SHOCKS nobody is on here praising them, or cussing them. I find that odd.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:31 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

It's been commented on for about ten years, so I guess some are exhausted. A search with those words, Bilstein, DRM, would've turned up threads and posts. There is a difference betw. Bilsteins and DRM Bilsteins. Matter of fact, they can valve it to your likes even more so than their usual, at least what I've read in the past. Randy will confirm or deny.

Only thing I read about the QAs if they are the ones fr. MN, is that years ago one fellow was the test mule for C6s when he got them, and he wasn't happy with the outcome. Sent it back; they redesigned it based on his input. Still not happy. But I'll take Unreal's word that it works for him.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:25 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

If I had seen those for sale I would have taken them, darn.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Titan C6Z
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had the DRM's on for about 4k miles now, I'm extremely satisfied with it's performance on the streets, which is where I spend 99% of the time. I agree with Unreal about the mid corner turning because I no longer have rear end hop on turns. They also absorb bumps waaay better than stock (Z06) at any speed.

I know NOTHING about QA1 and Viking.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:31 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Well, the DRM are out of stock, the QA1 are out of stock at many locations but I did find 2 front and two rear of the QA1 adjustable shocks so they are on the way. Got all 4 for less than $650, so thats not bad. I will review them after I get them. I do like the QA1 are inverted so less in in unsprung weight, that is cool.

Get notified of new replies

To Qa1 ts single adjustable or drm valved bilstein shocks ?

Quick Reply: Qa1 ts single adjustable or drm valved bilstein shocks ?