C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hatch wont open with fob, key,dash or outside button above plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:49 PM
bacord
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Hatch wont open with fob, key,dash or outside button above plate

When standing behind hatch and push fob button for hatch the tail lights flash but I can't hear anything click or even try to do anything. No sound whether I use fob, key, outside button or dash button. The fob works for all other features. I got inside and tried pushing up on hatch by hand while pushing fob and dash buttons. I just bought it 2 days ago and it only has the #1 fob and I have a #2 fob on order. I also changed fob battery on day 1. It's a 05 coupe with automatic transmission. I tried search but no luck. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by bacord; 05-19-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 PM
jaki30
Melting Slicks

Received 517 Likes on 303 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Try pushing DOWN on the hatch while using the key or fob.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 PM
bacord
Pro

I just tried to push down while using key, fob and button with no luck. thanks

Last edited by bacord; 05-19-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:57 PM
bacord
Pro

I used some pb blaster in the key hole and got the hatch to open. I replaced the hatch button and bought a new fob and still no luck opening the hatch. When I push the button on fob the tail lights flash 2 times and I don't hear the actuator?? click or any noise. I have been trying to buy a new actuator?? but can't find the part name or number. Does anyone have a picture or exploded view of the hatch assembly so I could get part name or number or any advice? Thanks for any help
Old 05-28-2017, 04:15 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by bacord
I used some pb blaster in the key hole and got the hatch to open. I replaced the hatch button and bought a new fob and still no luck opening the hatch. When I push the button on fob the tail lights flash 2 times and I don't hear the actuator?? click or any noise. I have been trying to buy a new actuator?? but can't find the part name or number. Does anyone have a picture or exploded view of the hatch assembly so I could get part name or number or any advice? Thanks for any help
you said you got the hatch open? you mean nothing but the key works? If you can get hatch open can you check the wires to the actuator? You could check the wires with a little volt meter, see if you get about twelve volts when you push the fob or inside button. Also check the fuse but probably ok. Disconnect the + side of battery then replace. Just things to try. GL

Last edited by NOWUCME; 05-28-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:23 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Also make sure the cable that releases the hatch is working. There might be too much slack in the cable for it to work properly. I had to shorten mine by almost 1/4".
Old 05-28-2017, 05:07 PM
bacord
Pro

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
you said you got the hatch open? you mean nothing but the key works? If you can get hatch open can you check the wires to the actuator? You could check the wires with a little volt meter, see if you get about twelve volts when you push the fob or inside button. Also check the fuse but probably ok. Disconnect the + side of battery then replace. Just things to try. GL
​​​​​​​i disconnected battery and checked fuse. Yes the key is only way to open it. The auto soft close ?? part operates fine. What wires do i check for voltage?
The pin with my meter in it seems to be negative and is a solid brown wire. Or is it one of these other set of
Old 05-28-2017, 05:47 PM
bacord
Pro

Originally Posted by LMB-Z
Also make sure the cable that releases the hatch is working. There might be too much slack in the cable for it to work properly. I had to shorten mine by almost 1/4".
​​​​​​​the only cable i see is from key lock and is tight
Old 05-28-2017, 06:21 PM
bacord
Pro

Also I assume that the taillights flash when I push hatch button on fob that would mean the receiver??? behind the stereo or in dash is ok?
Old 05-28-2017, 07:24 PM
bacord
Pro

Does anyone have a wire diagram for hatch assembly?? I'd like to understand this in stead of throwing parts at it thanks
Old 05-28-2017, 07:25 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

From your descriptions, it sounds like the solenoid has failed or the wiring to the solenoid has an open.
That you can open it with the key, means the cable is good and that the pulldown works, means power is available. But when no other method activates the release solenoid, it pretty much narrows down the possibilities.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

Also I assume that the taillights flash when I push hatch button on fob that would mean the receiver??? behind the stereo or in dash is ok?
Tail lights shouldn't flash, AFAIK. They don't on mine.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:47 PM
bacord
Pro

I read that there's a controller box????? thing in the dash I would like to know which wire harness on the hatch assembly to read for voltage. I don't want to change anymore parts until I can see if its getting the singles to open. The rear hatch area lights and a few other things all operate off the plug with my meter lead in it in the picture above. I'm going to open the larger box in pic above and try voltage to the solinoid if I can tell what it looks like inside. Thanks for the replys. Any other things to try?
Old 05-29-2017, 09:50 AM
jaki30
Melting Slicks

Received 517 Likes on 303 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Many times I have seen lights on when they shouldn't be it has usually been traced to a bad ground wire.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:05 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,505 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I read that there's a controller box????? thing in the dash I would like to know which wire harness on the hatch assembly to read for voltage. I don't want to change anymore parts until I can see if its getting the singles to open. The rear hatch area lights and a few other things all operate off the plug with my meter lead in it in the picture above. I'm going to open the larger box in pic above and try voltage to the solinoid if I can tell what it looks like inside. Thanks for the replys. Any other things to try?
The photo is too much of a closeup without a size reference to help much. I suspect the solenoid is inside and there's a socket for wiring someplace, since looks like there are solid rivets holding a clamshell assembly together. Assuming the part is roughly 1 x 3 x 6 and has some method to attach a rod or cable for movement (it sorta resembles the door latch for a Cadillac), then that'd be the latch assembly. The part number is 15220345 and GM is really proud to offer that for only $505 + tax at your local dealer or around $330 + shipping at an online source if you google the PN. If that's the problem, buy a used one, because they rarely go bad.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:49 AM
bacord
Pro

thanks for the part number. all the part shows is the larger part in picture above does any one know what the part is that's about 3x3x 1/2 inch is? it's attached to the larger part and has 3 or 4 connections on it

Last edited by bacord; 05-30-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hatch wont open with fob, key,dash or outside button above plate

Quick Reply: Hatch wont open with fob, key,dash or outside button above plate