C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 LS3 Does Tastefully Modded Cam Only Cars Hold Their Value or Reduce??

Old 05-22-2017, 08:03 PM
2L8LUZ
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default C6 LS3 Does Tastefully Modded Cam Only Cars Hold Their Value or Reduce??

C6 LS3- Does Tastefully Modded Cam Only Cars Hold Their Value or Reduce??

I just wanted to hear some feedback from fellow owners/past owners that have sold their LS3 C6 or hell even LS2 cars as just basic but yet tastefully cam only cars??

Everyone knows you don't get your money back from mods but how well are cam only cars keeping their value??

Example:

CAI, Headers, Cam

Old 05-22-2017, 08:04 PM
2L8LUZ
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 2L8LUZ
C6 LS3- Does Tastefully Modded Cam Only Cars Hold Their Value or Reduce??

I just wanted to hear some feedback from fellow owners/past owners that have sold their LS3 C6 or hell even LS2 cars as just basic but yet tastefully cam only cars??

Everyone knows you don't get your money back from mods but how well are cam only cars keeping their value??

Example:

CAI, Headers, Cam

Are there any examples of sellers actually getting more for their cars because of the cam?
Old 05-22-2017, 11:41 PM
cb1980
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO adding mods to the car will almost never increase the value of the car and at least for me, when I look for a car, I don't want performance mods already done as it is to me typically an indicator the car was probably beat on since most people aren't adding cams, doing tunes etc just to drive back and forth to work. are there examples of people who have modded their cars and sold them for more because of mods?, I am sure there are but its not something you will see everyday
Old 05-23-2017, 07:14 AM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,360 Likes on 902 Posts

On a Vette, you can always find a buyer interested in any performance mods; however, the audience is much smaller than the one interested in a completely stock car. Finding that buyer becomes the challenge.

I pretty much agree with others, you're going to give the value of those mods away to the buyer. But, you have to add the value back in terms of the months' worth of enjoyment you got from them.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:39 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

All I know is I added all of my mods to my taste and plan on keeping mine until I can't drive anymore. C6 is the last great looking Vette with a front mounted motor as the C7 looks like a Camaro and the new C8 will be a Euro car with a price at $80k to start.

We're at a crossroads in American automobiles and I feel so lucky to have a piece of the cool American Gentleman's muscle car. Just needed to vent I guess.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 PM
BlindSpot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,360 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarbie
All I know is I added all of my mods to my taste and plan on keeping mine until I can't drive anymore. C6 is the last great looking Vette with a front mounted motor as the C7 looks like a Camaro and the new C8 will be a Euro car with a price at $80k to start.

We're at a crossroads in American automobiles and I feel so lucky to have a piece of the cool American Gentleman's muscle car. Just needed to vent I guess.
Tru nuff....

Get notified of new replies

To C6 LS3 Does Tastefully Modded Cam Only Cars Hold Their Value or Reduce??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 LS3 Does Tastefully Modded Cam Only Cars Hold Their Value or Reduce??