C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loose Backup Lamp Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 06:32 PM
bassman50
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Loose Backup Lamp Assembly

The left side backup lamp assembly on my 2007 base C6 has come loose at the bottom. I'm wondering if anyone has removed the bottom (unpainted) valance panel which holds the backup lamps? It's held on with several screws on each side of the car and appears to slide or clip onto the lower lip of the rear panel (painted) of the car. Has anyone removed this valance before and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Old 06-04-2017, 07:03 AM
daveholl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bassman50
The left side backup lamp assembly on my 2007 base C6 has come loose at the bottom. I'm wondering if anyone has removed the bottom (unpainted) valance panel which holds the backup lamps? It's held on with several screws on each side of the car and appears to slide or clip onto the lower lip of the rear panel (painted) of the car. Has anyone removed this valance before and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Steve
My '05 has the same loose backup light assembly, also at the bottom.
Looking forward to what others have to say.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:35 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Remove the rear wheel inner panels (11 screws on each side after removing tires). Then there are 2 screws in the center and 3 on each side.

Please let us know if the light can be tightened since my left one has always been slightly loose.
The following users liked this post:
bassman50 (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
bassman50
Racer

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
Remove the rear wheel inner panels (11 screws on each side after removing tires). Then there are 2 screws in the center and 3 on each side.

Please let us know if the light can be tightened since my left one has always been slightly loose.
Thanks for this information. It may be a while before I can do this repair, if it's possible - - gotta get a new jack (my floor jack is too tall) and some jacking pucks. I'll post back when and if I can repair things.

Steve
Old 06-09-2017, 12:11 AM
bassman50
Racer

Just reporting back. . . .

Epoxied the bottom of the backup lamp assembly to the rear valance panel (a couple of guide pins on the bottom of the assembly where it mates with the valance panel had broken off). Voila! Fixed and no more loose lamp assembly.

Steve
The following users liked this post:
FortMorganAl (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 07:15 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Epoxied the bottom of the backup lamp assembly to the rear valance panel (a couple of guide pins on the bottom of the assembly where it mates with the valance panel had broken off). Voila! Fixed and no more loose lamp assembly.

Steve
I assume you mean the plastic lens part. Mine was loose too. Didn't take any panel off, which would make it easier. Was able to get to the lens and put some silicone on it then push it back in. Still sticking. Got to it up over the exhaust. There are little plastic tips that break off on the top I believe, maybe the bottom. You can tell the way it pushes in. The other side is supposed to have a couple screws to tighten it in. Mine was the plastic tips broken or warn off. Worked for me. GL

Last edited by NOWUCME; 06-09-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Detroit1
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Easy fix Good Input

Steve
Beats the hell out of taking the rear valance off the car. Good input.

Get notified of new replies

To Loose Backup Lamp Assembly

Quick Reply: Loose Backup Lamp Assembly