C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repair delimma!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:57 AM
carl3989
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 549 Likes on 263 Posts
USN

Happy day. It would have driven me nuts. Unless you get a ball buster most cops will let you slide for not having a front plate on the beautiful sports car that is a vette.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Must be because I don't have peal...you can call B.S. all u want lol lol
Mine doesn't have peal either. If it does one would have to search it out. It definitely isn't coated in "peal" over the entire vehicle as one post suggest. Me thinks that poster is probably about 17 - 18 years old and probably wrecked his daddy's Corvette and it was painted with one of those "peal" jobs.....
Old 06-19-2017, 11:34 AM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by Sky High
So I have a question. Were the panels painted on the car or off? If ANYTHING was painted on the car it is not a high end job. Second, having a no orange peel finish is a dead give away that paint work was done because it will not match the rest of the car. Some orange peel has to be left behind and a great body shop would know this.
I guess you are ignoring the fact that many Vette owners have a complete paint correction done, which will remove orange peel.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:02 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Many new cars still have some orange peel in the paint. I haven't noticed any on my vette, but I'm sure if I looked closely enough I might find it somewhere. I will say that I bought a matching targa top off someone and did notice some orange peel on the top. I am having the top repainted due to damage during shipping so I'll have the body shop make it perfect for me anyway.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 06-19-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:23 PM
Sky High
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by windyC6
Mine doesn't have peal either. If it does one would have to search it out. It definitely isn't coated in "peal" over the entire vehicle as one post suggest. Me thinks that poster is probably about 17 - 18 years old and probably wrecked his daddy's Corvette and it was painted with one of those "peal" jobs.....
I am far from a 18 year old and do have my own corvette. Why is that you have to knock every post you reply to and ALWAYS act like a real *******. I particularly wait for your responses in any thread just to see how angry you are that day. Nothing EVER nice comes out of your mouth. You just never met the right person to CLOSE it for you.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Sky High
Drifting

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
I guess you are ignoring the fact that many Vette owners have a complete paint correction done, which will remove orange peel.
The only way to remove orange peel is to wet sand it out, and I really don't know any who go to those lengths. If any body tells you otherwise.....like you can buff it out.......

Last edited by Sky High; 06-19-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Sky High
Drifting

Mine doesn't have peal either. If it does one would have to search it out.
So it does have it if you look for it. Make up your mind.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Sky High
Drifting

This is my paint job after someone keyed the side. Fender, Door and Quarter Panel were removed and sprayed off car. Does this look like a peel job moron? Yes it's there but it matches the rest of the car.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:30 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I washed my 2012 today and made a point to keep my eyes open for some orange peel in the paint. It didn't take me long to notice some on the front fascia (bumper). Does it bother me, no. My car has about 2600 miles on it and looks like it just left the showroom floor. Just want to make a point that if you know what to look for, most factory paint jobs have some peel in its paint.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 AM
windyC6
Safety Car

Received 514 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Sky High
So it does have it if you look for it. Make up your mind.
You basically stated that ALL corvettes have terrible orange peal paint jobs. I simply stated that mine does not have a paint job that is pealed all over. If it does have peal one would have to get down and look close to find it as i'm sure many other corvette owners would. I can't help it if you have a problem understanding that.....and if you have a problem with other post of mine, then i would strongly suggest that you just "Ignore" them VS trying to search them out because you shot yourself in the foot by stating that you search out other peoples (or my) post just to see what chaos they may be causing. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.....

Quick Reply: Repair delimma!